It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

waking up with a start

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
im not sure where i should put this thread which im sure is the beginning of many of these lol, anyways i just wanted to ask if anyone has had similar experiences and if they know what the cause is for this and if it is possibly related to oobe. It hasnt happend for quite sometime but i have had several instances where i am in a deep sleep and i wake up with a start or have a sensation of falling or like i am about to fall out of my bed and wake up like i just snapped back to reality...it is a very unique feeling, quite different from waking up from a normal dream or sleep..anyone have any ideas?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ah, yes......but mine usually occur just as I'm falling asleep.

Just last night, for instance, as I was beginng to drift off, I began dreaming that I was just about to step out the door. As my foot touched the first step, it seemed to be covered in ice and I slipped. Of course my reaction was to flail my arms and try to regain my balance. And that part of the dream translated into actual, movement, snaping me awake, and almost onto the floor!LOL!

I think mine occurs because I'm not in deep enough sleep for the movement to just occur in the dream, but to blur with a semi-concious awareness and some muscle control......I don't generally jerk myself awake from a sound sleep, even when dreaming some pretty wild stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Three pages of discussion on the topic:

Dreams where you fall and feel it

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
thanks Yarcofin ill check it out

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
But doesn't that show u that your brain can create imaginary things, that u actualy feel as u sleep. Even in dogs, they dream and move their feet like they are playing out their dreams.

I hope one day we actually realize what the hell is going on whilst we dream !

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Arawn]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
since we have a fairly recent thread on the topic, this one shall be closed, feel free to continue the discussion there.
Dreams when you fall and feel it: Anyone know why it's caused?

top topics

join