It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copyright

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
im not sure if i should be asking simon or william, but, my step daughter is doing an assignment on conspirecies for her History class, i wanted to know if i can get a copyright waver so she can use some of the pages available on ATS in her assignment.

Seedy

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
90% of the stuff on ATS does not have a copy right. Asking though is the smart thing to do, because one can never tell these days.

I'm sure once they see this thread your question will be handled more clearly than I alluded to.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
At the bottom: "All content copyright 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Above Top Secret, no material may be duplicated elsewhere without the expressed permission of the website owner."

As long as she references the source, there's no problem using the site for educational purposes.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Cheers advisor & William, her school is having a conspiricy week, so this website is sure to help her get an A+, was kinda funny when the principal walked out of the school yesterday afternoon dressed as a 'Grey' and the P.E. teacher was a dead ringer for GWB jnr (poor woman)

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
To be technically accurate, any information written by someone is inherently copyrighted as a default.

I have asked permission to reproduce all information that is on AboveTopSecret.com, unless authored by myself or no author was known in which case I stated that. That copyright then passes on to me.

As William said, as long as you reference the source, there is no problem.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Who owns the content of posts, research information, fiction and other original material contributed to the Board by ATS members?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If your stepdaughter wants to use my debate posts I would appreciate a u2u beforehand. I could, perhaps, arrrange a one time entitlement of reproduction of said content for a small monetary fee. $har har har$

edit- found out a couple of minor things:

"At all times, you remain solely responsible for anything found within your posts and agree to indemnify and hold

AboveTopSecret.com, harmless ...."
so the created content is of the creator, as SimonGray noted.

And www.abovetopsecret.com... is a little outdated but doesn't really matter. maybe I'll put some stars in my avatar

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Who owns the content of posts, research information, fiction and other original material contributed to the Board by ATS members?

In reality, by posting here, you allow Simon unrestricted reproduction rights, within digital media, to what you post. Some sites are starting to make this clear, and that's one of the items on my list.

So, for example, we couldn't compile your posts into a book without your permission.

new topics

top topics

join