It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the government said that alien life existed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Disbelief & Chaos perhaps.

I truly believe most could deal with it, but as a whole - it will be tough.

I'm sure we'll see different reactions from different classes.

Unless everyone is on a level playing field, it is going to be tough.

[removed rant]

[edit on 15-12-2005 by one_small_step]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
If there was concrete proof of the existence of alien life it would be the most significant discovery in human history. But there are too many variables to say how the world would react. I believe the 1st thing that would happen is the militaries of the world would immediatley begin assessing the threat. Kinda sad but true. But i wonder if an actual alien craft landed at the white house or downing street or where ever, would that be enough proof? I would actually have to see it in person. How could it be proven that it was ET?

What if the militaries of major countries have been assessing the threat for 60 years now and decided to just put into the relm of scifi tv. That way some can be slowly indoctrinated to the possibility and others would simply stay in denial and call it scifi nonsense.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
quote:
Imagine explaining the fact that "God" created heaven and earth and everything inbetween but a race of aliens show up and say that they dont believe in "God

quote:
But, won't it stop us from wasting our time by stopping us worshipping false Gods?

try explaining that to a persons great grand mother who is still alive and says that god has given her life a longer time on earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We would all have to learn to think in ways other than we are used to.

We look at things from our perspective, our laws, our values. These things differ from country to country and from religion to religion. What is wrong for one is right for another.

Now, with that said, some of the aliens that have visited and are still visiting DO BELIEVE IN GOD, so the not believing in God isn't an issue for the most part. We are a mixture of one race of visitors and the early creatures that were here before us. Most Christians would pretty much freak out if they were told this and believed it. I am Christian, and I know it, and accept it. We were put here because God wanted them to spread life throughout the universe. It's just that simple.

It says in some versions of the bible, and especially in gnostic verses "Know not, we are all Gods...." That is the truth. Disclosure would surely be chaotic, but in the long run, if we are also to learn of our purpose, it is absolutely necessary. If we are to evolve and become "enlightened" and spiritually evolved to match our physical selves, we need to know the truth. We need to know how to "recycle bodies," how to view death as just a stage in our "lives."

We are much more than most of us think. MUCH MORE. We have capabilities way beyond our wildest imagination. We have the ability to travel in "ships of the mind" and to go wherever we want. Most of us just need to be told that we can and who we really are......

I welcome disclosure and will do my part to help.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
well ther would definately be a problem with the religious lot......if martial law would not be declared it would be a miracle......but in the long run..its the best thing....total disclosure.....truth is the way.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
IMHO I don't see the whole panic scenerio happening. It is estimated that 72% of Americans believe in UFO's. Most Christians have been waiting for the second coming of Christ for centuries. It is the whole foundation of the Christian Religion. Christ was born, Christ Died, Christ rose from the dead and Christ will come again. Christiains are looking towards the skies for this second coming. As amazing as it will be to actually see beings from another planet, it is totally expected and anxiously awaited. Now I am not saying that the Aliens will be Christ and his Army of Angels, I am saying that it is one possible answer. I for one will be totally amazed and possibly a bit frightened at first but I am a true believer in UFO's. So, actual disclosure would be probably the most incredible experience a Earthling can have next to finally seeing the face of God!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
WHOFLUNGGUM,
I would have to disagree with you on this.
It is one thing to "know" something on a theoretical basis, but it is an entirely different story when it is proven.
Couple of examples that I can think of:
We know that if your clothes were to catch fire (for example) you are supposed to drop an d roll.... When such an event occurs to someone in real life, very very few remember to do this and instead start running around screaming
In the US, we have been pretty inured to violence and crime due to many of our tv shows and movies throughout the years. We know crime is out there.. but we are all convinced that it could not happen to us. In fact in many cases, when a violent crime occurs to us or near us, many people "freeze" and go into shock.

Unfortunately, too much of our ape ancestry still drives us today. And the fear of the unknown is always the strongest fear there is.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
why would aliens ever expose themselves to us? what could they possibly have to gain? they made it to our planet so they are more advanced than we are. who would they go to? the US? China? France? Zimbabwe?

A coalition of nations? So they can fight with eachother over who should lead the coalition?

If they do expose themselves, it will not be pleasant. They show up here and our trigger happy gov't will start shooting at them.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
WHOFLUNGGUM- You have some good points, however, please step out onto your front porch, look around and then tell me most of those "in the bible belt" share your progressive views on aliens & God. If you can- they hey I'm completely wrong.

Some other points- Noone has brought this up, but perhaps arrival of aliens could be THE ONE THING that unites the world. It potentionally could be a moment of collective conscienceness... Of coarse the terms on which the aliens present themselves would surely weigh considerably.

Another thought- I often equate the arrival of "superior beings" with the arrival of the Europeans to the western Natives. How did they view us? What did we "do to them"? ANd when we forced our religious beliefs on them....

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Mankind would then take it's evolutionary step, and carry on, within a couple of weeks after the event ppl would go about there buiness,

Not me ofcource, i'd say it was a conspiracy!

Tuk

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
Reason being that everyone knows the US has had a technical advantage when it comes to the military
We are leaps and bounds ahead of anything any other country can try to aspire to.

I hope you don't really think that US is far ahead of rest of the world in technology? Because it is not.

I am extremely skeptical about ET's giving technologies to governements, if that would be true we would be colonizing Mars by now, and oil would have been forgotten a long time ago..

And why would ET's even give some governements of earth technology? If they would be "good" they would demand that earth leaders tell rest of the world about them, and if they are "bad" then they would have nothing to gain by helping us..
If they can travel here from even nearest star, they are more than capable to destroy all-life on earth without us even noticing that they are here..

As for ET's coming public, i think that some religions would have hard time dealing with that, especially if that alien life is intelligent.
And if some governements comes public and declares that they have been communicating with ET's for 60 years, i would think that rest of the world would be quite pissed at them..

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Tuk]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The disinformation machine has sadly to date, succeded in
making the majority of us believe,that UFOs = little green
men from mars = a mentally paranoid & sick mind to be
treated with a sack of salt.Thus you may see a lot of sites
with ufo content alongwith 'fringe of society' trash eg
"satan impregnated me" !!! - Mary from Ohio,or The mark of the devil in the left leg bole of a girl - Sam in Arkansas these are the
people who're really sick, and as a result NO ONE takes the
issue seriously and realizes the potential ramnifications be
it Politically, Economically, Socially, physically or even
spiritually.If this wasn't enough we have the disinformation
machine throwing totally false or ridiculous
testimonies due to which the image of the whole (People
seeking the truth-UFO Community,if u plz)suffers...and
they have been succeding.U see, its a game, not unlike
the cold war but with far far higher stakes.
At the same time in the upper echelons of the govt It is having a Highest TOP SECRET eyes only clearance( MUCH more than
nukes!). 'They' view UFOs as unnatural phenomena and cant
know what level of advancement or technology are the
'aliens' using & and dont understand fully, & as I always
say, whatever man cant understand, he is in awe of.Awe is
replaced by frustration as they dont know where to
start,which in turn is replaced by insecurity and fear.
What man is afraid of, he views as a threat, what he feels
threatened by, he destroys or seeks to destroy it, only
HERE, its with a lot more to lose.we cant help it,its the
way were programmed!
U get where I'm coming from ??
I personally think the continued secrecy is mainly due to 2

reasons
1) The first known (They say the germans had contact even before WWII - but lets not go there) contact is supposed to be at Roswell,New Mexico
in 1947 !(YES!)At that time we knew next to nothing about
these 'flying saucers' and alien beings. So till the USAF
knows what its up against, they decided on a blanket
secrecy(Plausible Deniability,if u like !) on all info
make a choice - tell all or keep mum, they chose the latter.
Understandable, even good perhaps as it'll give them more
time to research.The problem is, for some reason the blanket secrecy continued. NOW, after the horrors of WWII,Nuke

deployment,Bio/Chem weapons, Vietnam, terrorism, wars global

warming,9/11 etc,the average persons psyche is much more

reinforced than before,some say to the extent of'Compassion
Fatigue'! Lifestle,priorities,transport,energy etc
technology has made great leaps.
Bottom line : WE CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH !!! Just one hassle
though,...who will bell the cat ?You see if the Govt admits
they withheld information of this magnitude,their
credibility will be ripped apart alng with the rest of them. No one will believe
ANYTHING they say in future-Not that we believe them
now,either!-I believe the blanet of silence continues, it will either
smother us or vice versa,read:Expect a confrontation with either one of
the two species taking an extreme measure.

2) The Govt believes, if total disclosure is implemented,we
won't be able to handle it ! Doomsday scenarios will be
enacted , you know mass hysteria,riots,Looting etc. Also why
move out of a comfort zone ? Oil companies have never been
happier, Full control over all civilian assets. Great (As per them Ha Ha)
religious infrastructure in place etc.It is a well oiled[albeit squeaky]
machine fine tuned to run smoothly after years of painful
experience the wrong way provides.Please, give me a break!It
is anything but that. I mean, the rich get richer, the poor
poorer.I mean look at the state of affairs, if this is our
best of civilization,we seriously need to consider a
paragigm shift in our livestyles.Disclosure could provide that impetus and paradigm shift
The alleged 'Black projects' reveal amazing technology of
the aliens : Zero Point Energy, Antimatter manipulation,cold
fusion to name just a few, have the potential to satisfy our
energy demands WITHOUT killing our planet.Isn't that the
thing we are so desperately trying to remain clung on to ???
Even if disclosure was made TODAY with immediate effect,
order the deployment of new/clean energy sources, it'll be a
good 10-20 years more before we smoothen all the wrinkles
and we should consider ourselves VERY lucky if our
enviornment recovers without punishing us too badly - @sh

PS-By the way I am new here, this is my first post tell me if I am doing anything wrong..ja!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I used to want disclosure. A few years ago, I wanted nothing more.
But... the more think about it, it IS better that we keep the fearful apes "protected" until the time comes.
Until the time comes...hmm... What does that mean...?

Here's what i think is happening.
From gut feeling and much info I have collected.

Soon there will be an earth change. Something tied to the pole shift. Around Dec 22, 2012 something will take place.
The beings who created us in Sumeria(IRAQ), -or- other beings who are watching these events unfold will appear to us in the skies, BEFORE the cataclysm, and save us. Christians call this the rapture. Souls from the graves will ascend first if they are worthy. Living people may not notice this physically, since we can't see souls.
Then the living who feel true love will be saved. This is up for interpretation, many religions have differing opinions on who will be saved. Catholics have a more narrow view of who will be saved, as do other religions.
Scholars debate exactly when the rapture will happen.
In Revelations there is a 7 year period of terrible events. Some say the rapture will happen "before" these events. Others say "during" these events.
The wicked and evil will be left on earth to experience whatever hell is unleashed on the earth. Heavens armys will defeat the anti-christ and his followers. Many will die. Some will repent and may be saved after they have made ammends.
The saved will be taken to Heaven. What is Heaven? another planet maybe? No one really knows what heaven means. We may live in heaven for hundreds of years, thousands of years, until the earth calms down.
After the earth settles down, it is said that the saved souls will be placed on earth again in a new "Golden Age" of peace and prosperity to last thousands of years. The age of Aquarius.

Maybe in new bodies with no memories of previous life. Maybe just born as a baby is born into this world. To experience new things?
Who knows, maybe we will get whatever our hearts desire, and fly spaceships and travel and do whatever we want? Maybe we will become advanced enough to start our own "humans" and watch them grow on a planet. None of us know.

Interestingly, 7 years before Dec 22, 2012 is Dec 22, 2005. 6 days from now. So if the 2012 date is correct things may happen soon.
However, Revelations states that no man or angel will know the date or time, and it will come like a thief in the night. So, apparently you can't be expecting it on an exact date or time.

So in the meantime.... until the rapture.
Keep the worker apes moving, keep the food flowing to their mouths, keep the economy running. No reason to upset us until the moment comes.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by KDX175DUEX]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What if the governments of the world not only stated that they exist, but provided the world undeniable unequivical absolute proof that they have influenced nearly all aspects of humanities experiences?

Imagine all you know making infinitly more sense, just from a perspective you had not looked at it before.

There would have to be some level of control in place to ensure such a secret and all subsequent secrets were not revealed fully to any certain group who are demonstrating actions and behaviors that can only be percieved as possessing intentions of domination and the quest for power. Some measures would have to be in place to ensure these secrets were revealed equally and simultaniously amongst all souls on the planet, not just a some select few. So if you belonged to this select few, how would you ensure that all could be notified about what is the truth. You would need a few of things:

1) Worldwide communication system.
2) A ruling body that the overwhelming majority acknowledged as having authority.
3) Since nearly all minds operate under the "Law of Association" you would have to do your best to ensure the basis for knowing what is unknown had the ability to attach to already pre-accepted truths in the individual minds of billions.

Everything that was perceived as science fact, was first science fiction.

America no longer funds NASA or SETI.

Actions speak louder than words.

"Be advised, there is a Santa Claus"
- Astronaut speaking to fully grown adults in mission control.

To Disclose or not Disclose.

Neither.

How to best prepare for disclosure, that will minimize the detrimental effects of inevitable disclosure.

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
why would aliens ever expose themselves to us? what could they possibly have to gain?

They don't look at things the same way we do. We need to start thinking on their terms (kind of hard when we know little about them) to know why. They don't need anything from us. They are curious, though.

If they do expose themselves, it will not be pleasant. They show up here and our trigger happy gov't will start shooting at them.

It will not be pleasant for us, but they don't fear death as most of us do. They simply get another body for the spirit when their existing body dies, and they continue where they left off. Unlike us, they do not forget their past as we do when we die before we become alive again.

Another thing, they know of our nature about the trigger happy government, yet they still come here. That is an indication that they aren't afraid of dying. That is because they don't "die." Just like we don't.

(Edited for content added)

[edit on 12/16/2005 by sexymon]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
and how exactly do you know so much about ET's if you or anyone else cant even conclude that they actually exist... not 2 sound like a skeptic...
But please explain.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
people in as a whole are stupid on a singlular level people are smart but if everyone was to know all at once there would be mass panic all kinds of stupid things happening , it has been prooved time after time people destroy what they do not understand if this info was let out to the public not only would there be right wing extreamest groups popping up and doing more harm than good but it would devide an already torn world with out the hope of ever being united

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
people in as a whole are stupid on a singlular level people are smart but if everyone was to know all at once there would be mass panic all kinds of stupid things happening , it has been prooved time after time people destroy what they do not understand if this info was let out to the public not only would there be right wing extreamest groups popping up and doing more harm than good but it would devide an already torn world with out the hope of ever being united

I agree anonymous..

We cant accept people from different continents never mind different planets,
but here lies a serious point: Any alien race that came to Earth who agreed with your viewpoint would therefor be malevalant in nature....??

The visitors would not care about the mass panic or the trauma caused.. so either they are not bothered or don't see us significant in any way.

But getting back to the topic starter..

Peter Mandelson would apply for Alien Secretary

PS. anonymous bumping?

[edit on 7/6/2008 by iamian]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

God still God, you just have to understand, God did not just Created Earth
He Created everything Else.

Apparently some people believe that, it is better to Lie, than telling the Truth.

Eventually the truth will appear, and People will realized who have been
lying.

The Truth will set you Free

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I dont think anyone would belive to the goverment unless they would see it with their own eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join