It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military Allegedly Hacking US Networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Alan Paller, the director of the SANS Institute, claims that the Chinese military is trying to penetrate US government and industry computer networks through cyber attacks. Mr. Paller said that the hackers used techniques that showed intense discipline which is rare in hackers normally which makes it unlikely that they came from anywhere but the military.

www.dailytimes.com.pk
A systematic effort by hackers to penetrate US government and industry computer networks stems most likely from the Chinese military, said the head of a leading security institute on Monday.

The attacks have been traced to the Chinese province of Guangdong, and the techniques used make it appear unlikely to come from any other source than the military, said Alan Paller, the director of the SANS Institute, an education and research organisation focusing on cybersecurity.

“These attacks come from someone with intense discipline. No other organization could do this if they were not a military organisation,” said Paller in a conference call. In the attacks, he said, the perpetrators “were in and out with no keystroke errors and left no fingerprints, and created a backdoor in less than 30 minutes. How can this be done by anyone other than a military organisation?”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If this is true, I would hate to think what might come of it. If the Chinese military is trying to, and apparently successfully, hack into US Government and Industry networks, then that would mean they have something even far greater planned for the future.

Apparently, the Chinese government is denying the attacks and stating that hacking is considered illegal in China.

Let's hope that it's not the Chinese military.

Related News Links:
www.forbes.com
www.chinatechnews.com
www.chinapost.com.tw

[edit on 15-12-2005 by elderban]

[edit on 23-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

but then again, torture and concentration camps are considered illegal in the US, but both still exist.

This statement is completely unwarranted, irrelevant to the story and unsubstantiated.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh my...

To be honest, I place money on the United State's doing the same thing on every Nation with a computer, China, Russia, United Kingdom, etc, etc, all do this it is common sense that they spy on each other...

It is just more fear mongering to scare us into fearing another group of people. The Chinese will be lined up after the terrorists, which of course came after the Communists, who came after the blacks and so on and so fourth...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This just weeks after China say they need to invade 'inferior' white countries for their survival?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wrong...

The guy who said that, said it back in 2002 or earlier then that, Ishes, and was sacked because of it. :| I really wish people did a little research...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   

This just weeks after China say they need to invade 'inferior' white countries for their survival?

Regardless of the disposition of the person in question, there was no substantiation that the story was true.

The following is a transcript of a speech believed to have been given by Mr. Chi Haotian, Minster of Defense and vice-chairman of China’s Central Military Commission.

ykien.net...

[edit on 2005/12/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This statement is completely unwarranted, irrelevant to the story and unsubstantiated.

I was just trying to point out that even though a government may say something isn't happening or something doesn't exist doesn't exactly mean that it really isn't or really doesn't. Governments do lie.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by elderban]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
then take it out. its not relevant to the story at hand, and as far as i'm concerned, it biases the story to the point of not recieving a yes vote from me. and bordering on the line of receiving a no vote. unless of course, you wanted to go back and incorporate it into the story somehow, backing the statement up with sources.

new topics

top topics

join