It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUKE .50 BMG Calibre Pistol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Im not sure if it is real but i found a site about a single shot pistol that fires a very small nuclear round the size of a .50 BMG round. Imagine these in a Browning M2HB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

link

There should be a video of one being fired on this site

link

Well there is a pistol that does fire a .50 round, I wouldnt fancy firing one of those, you would not only kill the enemy but yourself too!.

link

link

mod edit to shorten links,

[edit on 15-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The site is 'disinfo' entertainment today, I think its bs.

Having said that,
"That there'd be uh nahce gun ta go sqwerl huntin' with, kills 'em en cooks em."

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Actually, the gun is in the military inventory now, but its use is limited to selected SEAL teams and "chem-trail" aiorcraft crew. Whith the "chem-trail" aircraft, the plan is to blow up the plane and eliminate all evidence in case their existence is compormised.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
I'm not sure if it is real but i found a site about a single shot pistol that fires a very small nuclear round the size of a .50 BMG round.

Ha ha! Did you know that the critical mass needed for a Uranium-235 explosion is 5 kg or about 11 pounds? Furthermore you would have to keep this critical mass split in half until you wanted it to explode which means you would need a round that would hold 2 pieces that weighed about 5.5 pounds. You'd also need to add in a primer and powder in the front end to drive the two pieces together for the explosion. Then we have to have a casing round all of this to make sure the explosion that drives them together doesn't separate the whole contraption.

Your little bullet would end up weighing around 50 pounds by the time you were done. Don't even think about taking the Plutonium route because that needs 16 kg for critical mass. By the way, this bullet better travel 10 or more miles away from you or you'll vaporize youself.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The only possible way to make a .50 round "nuclear" is to fabricate it out of radioactive material. That way it would turn into a mini-"Dirty bomb" on impact. A nuclear reaction isnt possible in such a small package as was explained above.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As close as your going to get is a .50 BMG DU (depleted uranuim) round that would could have some real use for a sniper and is indeed doable.

A .50 BMG as a nuclear weapons is just ridiculous IMO. They just can't be made that small not even close. Even with "Fictional" materials like Red mecury they only get nuclear weapons down to claimed Softball size.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The nuclear round is a joke. Actually, the .50BMG pistol looks like it could be real. There is no limit what someone with the right machinary can and will build. Personally, having fired the Browning .50 cal., I wouldn't fire one those for all the tea in China.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is a very obvious joke. Actually, its quite old. I dont even see how people can actually think this is real. Its a paintball gun for gods sake.

Made by the same people that made this

Homeboy Night Sights

They had a rifle too that I cant find, seems their site was finally shut down. Its funny because a lot of websites who list gun dealers actually have Birdman listed as a real company

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is hilarious. It seems I did read about this flap somewhere.

But, I have to tell you that the idea of a .50 BMG shoulder weapon seemed ridiculous to me, but they exist nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have one question? Doesn't the Admin or a Moderator have something better to do with our bandwidth? Is this sort of threading allowed?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think it's best to leave the modding to the mods. They are able to move threads around with astounding alacrity.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If your gonna fire a .50 BMG Cal pistol, you must be either hard, mad, stupid, brave, a lunatic or some kind of sick maniac to use it!

If you did fire it, it would not just kill the enemy but its recoil will put you unconsious!.

About the NUKE 50, they said it was made with the help of Ex-Soviet scientists who were studying Micro-Nuclear weaponry. It may be possible becouse i was waching a documentary called 'Russian Roulette' on
channel 4 back about 1998. I taped a bit of it where there was a Suitcase Bomb that could wipe out the whole city of London!.

Just think Tape recorders were once big heave bulky things and now with modern state of the art technology, we have come to the age of small things like MP3 Players and the all new I-POD's!

Unbelievable innit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
Just think Tape recorders were once big heave bulky things and now with modern state of the art technology, we have come to the age of small things like MP3 Players and the all new I-POD's!

Unbelievable innit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MP3 Players and tape recoders cannot be compared. They work on fundamentally different principles -> are not directly comparable. A better comparison would be that of a "Ghettoblaster" to a modern tape walkman.
There is a huge difference in size between the two, but you virtually cannot make a tape player any smaller than a walkman because of physical restrictions. Same applies with the .50 bullets and nuclear bombs.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
When will peoples here start to realize that just becasue nuke is a good mass-destruction weapon, it will never work out well in small arms...

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Apparently, the Maadi Griffen .50 BMG pistol exists, though not mass produced. Still I wouldn't fire one.

www.practicalmachinist.com...

Maadi Griffen Pistol .50 BMG

www.answers.com...

www.maadigriffin.com...

Google Search

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Uranium-235 has a 15 kg ( 33 lbs ) critical mass click. Of course Californium could be a good candidate for a nuke gun ammo. But it's almost an urban legend that such ammo exist. Click

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think we can put to rest the nuclear round idea. Clearly, that's a fantasy. Someone else suggested, I think, that the .50 BMG pistol was also fantasy, but I think that pistol has been designed and can be built from plans that are available to those with the skill and machinery to do so.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is certainly a fake but it could theoretically be possible if you were to use very unstable radioisotopes (such as Californium) for the reaction mass and utilise the latest chemical explosives to get an implosion at that size, so in a few years this would definitly be possible but, unless new ways to manufacture radioisotopes and "superexplosives" are found, it would be prohibitably expensive. Plus, there is no way you would make it a BMG round, you would only get sufficient range for the bomb to go off at a safe distance from a single-shot sniper rifle (a very powerful one)

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Apparently, the Maadi Griffen .50 BMG pistol exists, though not mass produced. Still I wouldn't fire one.

The were great 50.cals but you can no longer buy them. The guy that made them went to jail I believe. He use to sell them as kits and you put them together yourself that way he got around selling firearms. But he was putting thousands of 50.cals into america without serial numbers pretty much and the goverment didnt like that.

The were well made and cost 1 or 2 thousands a mere fraction of the some of the prices of Barretts. There are some nice legal 50cals. comming out now though around 5k for 10 shot models not bad when Barrett wants 7k plus.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is by far my favorite: M82B1K PDW

Like said before, Birdman Weapon Systems is a 100% spoof, not even a hoax since they had no intend on hoaxing.

birdman.org is now offline, the domain is apparently sold to this person that posts sports stats online.

The biggest bore pistols you'll ever see are the following:

-Desert Eagle .50AE semi-automatic pistol
-S&W model 500, .500cal Revolver, I believe it has to be manually cocked every shot by lowering the hammer (not a revolver man my self)
-Thompson Contender pistol, comes in MANY different calibers, including .308 winchester! link, this is a single shot.

There is also alot of pistol-wannabe's like super-short AR-15's, AK-47's (Krinkov style) and MP-5's as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join