posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:31 PM
1. When other nationalities instantly recognize your national anthem. For your part, you only recognize the first three notes (and two words) of
"O, Canada." The only other anthem you recognized is for the Soviet Union, a nation that hasn't existed for the past 15 years.
2. You've never been outside of your own nation, you speak no language other than English, and yet you're convinced your homeland is either the
very best, or very worst nation on earth.
3. You are belligerant about your right to bear arms, although you've never successfully killed a land animal for food.
4. if you did kill an animal for food, you'd have to pay someone else to process the meat for you, 'cause that's just gross!
5. You eat tacos, chow mein, or round pizza.
6. You think there has been continuous, non-stop warfare in the Middle East since Bible Times.
7. You associate red with conservatives.
8. You think Labor Day is an Autumn holiday.
9. You conceive of Thanksgiving as a "non-relgious" holiday.
10. You assume the water is safe to drink, without asking anyone first. If it tastes bad, it merely means that you'll have an unpleasant taste in
your mouth for a moment, and not that you're about to begin projectile vomiting for 3 days.
11. There are parts of your own town you don't go to after dark, for safety.
12. If you DO get caught in the wrong part of town, you feel safer in your vehicle.
13. In your country, the trains are never on time, but being 5 minutes late for a business appointment is considered a faux pas.
14. You'd be outraged if an official demanded a bribe. If one actually did, you would instantly report them to the media, and expect to win
a hefty lawsuit. You would win.
15. You spend a month's pay on Christmas gifts.
[edit on 31-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]