It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival tactics?...when the $#!+ hits the fan...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
First of all I want to say "KUDOS" to the makers and contributors to the ATS website...tons of information...thousands of answered and unanswered question to concerns about world events taking place. I think paranoia is healthy and will keep you alive...keeps you prepared for anything that may come your way.

I have spent many hours searching....reading...and learning through research and validity of subjects on this website...and my eyes have been opened to the truth. I don't want to sound like a "scare monger"...but my prediction is this:
1) Another staged "terrorist" attack will occur before next Presidential election...bio and/or chemical attack on American soil.
2)The "government" with the help of FEMA will inititiate Marshall Law on the citizens of the USA...including amendments to fully strip us of our civil and human rights and liberties.
3)US Citizens will be herded into arenas...stadiums...and underground facilities so the Zions can weed out the "bad apples" by imprisonment or execution and force the rest into slave labor camps.
4)This will also include sterilization...abortions...computer chips under the skin...etc.....population control mainly with a little genocide.
5)World War III!!!...the U.S.A versus the Chinese, Koreans, Russians, and Pakistanians for starters...with some of it being fought on home ground.

I am a born again Christian and pray every day to God/Jesus that somehow...someway things will start to get better in the U.S. and around the world. Our freedom is being stripped away from us and we are being brainwashed by the media..entertainment industry...and our own so-called "government". The Ten Commandments were taken down from a courthouse because good values and morals are no longer accepted and/or defended in America. We have become puppets in society to the needs and wants of the elite and rich. The website slogan "Deny Ignorance" speaks the larger truth of why we must search for our own meaning of life and existence in this time and day...and be prepared for whatever may come to be.

I hate to say this...but if all of this happen...and it's now more of a question of when...I am not prepared whatsoever to defend my liberty...and have no clue of what I could do defend me and my family from the Zions.

So my question is this: What preparation have YOU made and what is YOUR plan if my prediction is to come into play for a New World Order? What supplies have you collected...where would you go...who are your trusted friends and allies?

I'm even scared to join any groups who are speaking out against the Zions...in fear that I may be called a "terrorist"...whose to know if they are putting out "traps" for people like me who have these same feelings. Paranoid..yes...ignorant...no.

Quote from Jacques in a play:
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts"

Whereas I think George Bush is playing the part of President and Dictator..while the Zions set the stage for world domination.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any replies...all help and guidance is truly appreciated.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by xenongod]

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well for starters, I personally have supplies that will allow me to survive a short duration alone. I have a portable shelter, food(non perishible), clothing, tools to manipulate my enviornment(saw, shovel, firestartiing stuff, essential trap makeing items for wild game, water, TP must have TP!, medical supplies...you get the idea). I happen to be in the Largest "Militia" state in the world, and WE openly OPPOSE the NWO and UN. I fear not of being called a "Terrorist". I have served my country in the Armed Forces, and will continue to be loyal to "WE THE PEOPLE" and fight for LIFE, LIBERTY and the pursuit of HAPPINESS. I am a RESISTER of the corrupt government, and if my words seperate me from the rest of society, I am proud of that distiction!

Those of us who know are trying,
and we place only the lives of our fellow bretheren above our own. NEVER forget, we who took our VOWS to protect the US CONSTITUTION,
uphold those vows to this day, and those before me have sacrificed their lives for YOUR FREEDOM!

You don't need to be brave, you don't need to fight, leave that to me and my brothers.
For that, we have promised.

Truth in our hearts

Strength in our arms

Fulfilment in our tongues

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I've taken several of the same measures as ADVISOR, I have a portable shelter, non-perishible food, several gallons of bottled water, a saw, a shovel, several lighters/matches/lighter fluid, flashlights, basic first aid items, and clothing for all temperatures. I also have taken it upon myself to practice my marksmanship in the event that I have to resort to force to defend myself rather than hoping to escape.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you were to move to another country...Which country would you move to? What country now is safe from the Zions? I was thinking Australia for starters...the Lonely Island as they call it. Could turn out to be a "Road Warrior" scenario there in the aftermath of a world war...eh?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Maybe australia, or a heavily jungled area. Road Warrior sucked BTW.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
lol, welcome to the "fight" xeno, kaos *it's not official yet*...
Most important items: crossbow, Constitution, Bible, and a laptop with online satelite access.

There was an NWO survival kit thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then your dream "firearm":
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you hang around ATS and gain trust (assuming your not an agent), you'll become aware of "secrets" you never thought existed...
Hope it helps,
- Tass

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
xgod,

being in Denver is both good and bad. Good that you will survive most of what is coming, bad in that it is Draco headquarters.

I agree about the Zions but GWB is only hired help, you and most others are aiming too low.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
australia is a pretty good place, but i dont know if you would be safe from the NWO. because if it happens while john howard is still PM, and Bush is still president of the U.S.A little johnny is gonna be kissing someones butt like mad. (he already does).

you might be safe for a while but eventually NWO will get to you.

cus remember it is a New WORLD Order not just for the U.S.A, but i do think there will be some countries that resist.

back on topic.

i have got a torch and some non perishables. and a tent. our stupid gun laws prevent us having any weapon powerful enough. we can only have NON automatic, NON semiautomatic. so the best ive got is an air rifle.

i havent made any plans, i figure that by the time it happens i'll be long long long gone (as in dead BTW).

[Edited on 9-25-2003 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Heres what I have:

4 packets of each type of primary Battery
Fire-making Flint
10 gallons of sealed purified spring water
Candles
5 flashlights plus one large spotlight
First Aid Kit
1 year worth of Canned non-perishables
Power Generator
Emergancy Supply of Oil and Gasoline
Matches
Hunting Knife and other essential wilderness survival equipment.
9mm Revolver with a box of 20 bullets
Self-defense Taser
Gas Mask
Duct Tape
Radio and walkie Talkie
Radio-wave Scanner
Air Filter
Map

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Necessities.
1-Shelter.
2-Water.
Dig a hole if you have to , line it with a tarp to keep from getting wet from the moist soil,better yet is a layer of grass or brush to make it soft and warmish.Put some sort of roof on it to cover you from the elements,a tarp under dirt and brush on a wood framework support kind thing will work nice,use camo tarps,you can buy a 7'x9' camo tarp at harbor freight tools for about 5$.Keep in mind that you have to have everything pitched right for drainage,camouflage is a good idea too,you don't want to put you hooch on a hilltop in the open.
Put your shelter somewhere near a spring,springs can be found nearly everywhere,you can find them near swamps and lakes above the water level of the swamp or lake is best,but for submerged springs you can make a sand filter by placing a coffee filter on the wide end of a funnel,putting the funnel over the spring and sucking water through a hose.
With these two things located prior you will have a better chance of dealing with things when they become harsh.

Other stuff.
Food.
Ramen noodles are light and easy to prepare,they store well are cheap,and nutritious enough to keep you going for awhile,48 packs weigh about ten pounds,but keep in mind that you need to find other forms of nutrition to supplement your diet,use the noodles if you can't find anything else.
Food Prep.
Coleman makes a nice little camp stove that screws onto a propane bottle,works with the kind of bottles that propane torches use too,they also make a nice little lantern which uses the same bottles,and you can use it to warm yourself up too,just don't fall asleep and asphyxiate yourself.10 bottles,more stashed around your area before hand will work even better,put them in plastic bags.

Cold weather gear.
break away type,insulated cross country ski pants,the zippers on the length of the legs will make it easier to keep from getting too hot,sweating will make you freeze quicker than anything else out in the cold.
Good Cold Weather gloves and jacket (forget about style,we're talking survival here,anything that works is good enough).
Lotsa socks.
Waterproof Boots.
Sandals and tennies.
Underwear.
T-shirts.
Sweaters or sweat shirts.
light pants and heavy.
Raingear.Ponchos fit over backpacks,rainpants.
Bicycle,no gas needed except ramen noodles.
Backpack.
Sleeping bag and blankets,extra tarps and bags.
Water containers.

Gun,one that breaks down to a small size,cased for legal transport,keep in mind that there will come a time when you won't want to be caught with one,so make sure it is useful to defend yourself too.Something that loads quickly with mags instead of a mag tube that you have to take out and load manually,but keep it legal so you won't be tossed into prison if you get caught with it,and figure a way to keep you ammo dry,grease will work in a pinch,but you have to wipe it off before you load up.

Fun like Camping,but long term,liberty requires preparation for sacrifice of creature comforts.

Prepare and you will feel at peace.
my 00.02 cents worth.
All this stuff will cost less than 200 bucks,aside from the gun of course.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
....so...since I have two others in tow...plus a dog...trying to get out of a big city. Let's say that the roads are blocked so no one can get out...so the only way out is by foot pretty much. It's basically gonna turn into a backpacking trip then...and I have some backcountry hiking and camping experience...even hiked over the Continental Divide...went 26 miles in two days. I will become a mule..carrying everything that my wife and two year old daughter probably won't. Damn...that sucks...and what was I was afraid of....hehe...even my dog is too damn old and has arthritis and won't be much of help...be yummy though. So that's my realy predicament in that area.

I already have some heavily armed friends...just don't have one myself at this time...and they offered to let us horde up with them if need be. That doesn't sound good to me to be honest...eventually you gotta come out for something...and GOTCHA!! Would be a little mini Waco ambush....with no survivors this time.

Think the best would be for me to get extra fuel and use my Subaru AWD Wagon for transportation.. offroad if need be...and shelter. Prepare the camping supplies and clothing(thinking out loud)...fuel...tools...water...more food...etc....hrmm...yah...need to get this started then...peace of mind when ready for whatever may come our way.

Trying to get out of the country idea propably wouldn't work in a hurry because they would get you at the airports or the airplanes would probably be grounded...so...no go there.

Keep the ideas coming though...helps me organize things out.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
in the event of ww3 there would be almost no were to go every one would be throwing nukes every wich way. if i could afford to invest in a nuclear submarine i would because the bottom of the ocean may be the only place to go

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
9mm Revolver with a box of 20 bullets Posted by WolfOfWar

Dude, where do you get a 9mm revolver? Is that one of the OLD Charter Arms 9mm Federals? Or a Ruger SP101 that uses 9mm in moon clips?

If the former, bad choice, as ammo is way too hard to find, even in the collectors classification. Either way, that is just not the stopping power you need, and a revolver really isnt the way to go for personal protection anyway, unless you are a serious Skeeter Skelton type.

My advice is nothing smaller than a .40 (preferably .45). If you do go with a revolver, nothing smaller than a .357 magnum. Also, 20 rounds just aint gonna last you when you need it... stock up on a couple of cases minimum.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I forget whenthe gun was made, I don't know much about guns and like, it was my grandfathers, so I assume it's pretty old.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Heres what I have:
Map

No compass?!

You got's a map, but no compass....
Inform me or someone you trust(highly) of your address and I'll make sure you get a compass for christmas. Your going to need it with that map.

WolfofWar, do you need a quick course on map reading along with how the compass is used? Not trying to be a dick here, but your supplies are some what flawed.

Hello everyone, todays lesson is going to be selecting a movement route useing map, orient a map useing a lensatic compass, convert azimuth.

ADVISOR Lesson #0-01
NAVIGATE

Select a movement route useing a map:

CONDITIONS
Given a 1:50,000 scale map and a compass.

STANDARDS
Select a route with the following characteristics:

1. Takes advantage of maximum cover and concealment.

2. Ensures observation, (always look around, pay attention to detail).

3. Allows positive control of all elements.(only matters if you are moveing with others=elemements).

4. Accomplishes the movement quickly without unnecessary or prolonged exposure. (see standard #1.)

TRAINING and EVALUATION
Training Info Outline

1. Select the route that makes the best use of terrain. You will spend more time moveing. Becuase encounters usually is at a time and place of unknown, you must use a terrain route to your best advantage. Proper use of terrain has two advantages:
a. Cover and concealment to protect during the movement.
b. Maximum effectiveness of those traveling weapons/protection.

2. To properly use those advantages, you must understand the aspects of terrain and be able to apply them to any given situation, whether it be a defense, a delay, or a road march.
a. the primary requirements for any type of movement is cover and concealment.

(1) Cover is any type of shielding from the effects of weapons fire, especially direct fire. You must take advantage of EVERY ravine or depression in the ground to protect and cover your self/ves. You must evaluate the terrain, and what lays around it. Includeing the position of known and suspected unknown people/locals. Visualize a cross section of the terrain and determine where "they" cannot interfere with your route.
(2) Concealment is anything that hides or disguises your movement. You must concider concealment from both air and ground observation. If you are in vehicle, exhaust or dust can reveal your movement.

b. If you are moveing in an area where contact and observation is expected, you must ensure that your proposed route can be covered.

3 Select the route that provides the most favorable tactical adventage and meets the requirements. If speed of movement is is critical, the route should be over the most easily negotiable terrain, avoiding difficult obsticles. The route should include movement from one easily distinguishable terrain feature to another. When moveing you must check the terrain based on the above considerations and select the quickest and safest route.

4 Planning a route can be aided by use of special-
purpose maps and aerial photographs. If those aids are available, use them to ensure that you have the most current information.

ORIENT A MAP USEING A LENSATIC COMPASS

Conditions
A standard 1:50,000 scale map, a protractor/ruler, pencil, paper, and a compass in daylight.

STANDARDS
Orient the map to the ground useing a compass so that the north-seeking arrow of the compass is within 3 degrees og the angle shown in the grid-magnetic(G-M) angle of the declination diagram(declination is difference between magnetic north and true north) shown on map.

TRAINING and EVALUATION
1. with the map level, place the compass parallel to the north-south grid line with the cover side of the compass pointing towards the top of the map. This will place the black index line on the dial of the compass parallel to grid north. Since the needle on the compass points to magnetic north, we have a declination from true north.
(see converting azmuth)

2. Rotate map and compass until the directions are true north. (again see converting azmuth)

3. If the magnetic north arrow on the map is to the left of the grid north, the compass reading will equal the
(G-M) angle (given the declination). If the magnetic north is to the right of the grid north, the compass reading will equal 360 degrees minus the G-M angle.
(360 - grid magnetic angle=true north)

4. Remember to point the compass north arrow in the same direction as the magnetic north arrow, and the compass reading (equal to the G-M angle or the 360 degrees minus G-M angle) will be quite apparent.

NOTE: If the G-M angle is less than 3 degrees, do not line up the north arrow.

5. Some maps have built-in protractor consisting of a pivot point "P" on the south neat line of the map and several degrees of arc along the north neat line of the map. The G-M line is obtained by connecting pivot point "P" with the appropreate value of the G-M angle (taken from the declination) on the arc. The map may then be oriented by placeing the compass parallel to this line and rotateing the map and compass until the needle point is aligned with the continuous line formed by the index line and the sighting wire. the map is then oriented.

6. An alternate method is to draw a magnetic north line on the map from any N-S and E-W grid line intersection useing the protractor/ruler. Align the straight-edge of the compass along this magnetic north line and rotate the map and compass together until the north arrow falls beneath the fixed black index line on the compass.

EVALUATION PREPARATION
Setup: Select an area that is free ofmagnetic interference(powerlines, vehicles). Use a scale map(topo-1:50,000) protractor/ruler, paper , and compass.
Performance Measures: G-M angle must show declination, and not exeed 3 degrees.

CONVERT AZIMUTHS
Conditions
Given a standard 1:50,000 scale topographic, declination, pencil, magnetic azimuth(north direction), and grid azimuth(grid north) that must be converted.

STANDARDS
Convert the given magnetic azimuth to a grid azimuth and the grid azimuth to a magnetic azimuth without error.

TRAINING and EVALUATION
1. The north-south lines on your map give grid north. The needle of your compass points to magnetic north. Grid north and magnetic north are usually different by a few degrees. Neither one points straight to the NORTH POLE(called true north), but you do not need to know true north to keep from getting lost in a given situation.
The difference in degrees for every map is shown on the bottom of the mapsheet. (May only pertain to military and or topo maps)

2. The difference between grid north and magnetic north is called the grid-magnetic (G-M) angle. The declination tells you how to change grid azimuths to magnetic azimuths and magnetic azimuths to grid azimuths.

3. For example, you aim your compass at a distant point. The compass reading you get is 190 degrees(south x south-west), the magnetic azimuth. The declination tells you that G-M angle is 9 degrees, and it also tells you that "to convert a magnetic azimuth to grid azimuth, add the G-M angle". Therefore add 9 degrees to your compass reading. This gives you;
190 + 9 = 199. Your grid azimuth is 199 degrees.

4. The G-M angle depends on where you are in the world.

5. Convert azimuths when given an easternly G-M angle.
a. To convert a magnetic azimuth to a grid azimuth, add the value of the G-M angle to the magnetic azimuth.
b. To convert a grid azimuth to magnetic azimuth, subtract the G-M angle from the grid azimuth.

6. Convert azimuths when given a westernly G-M angle.
a. To convert a magnetic azimuth to grid azimuth, subtract the value of the G-M angle from the magnetic azimuth.
b.To convert a grid azimuth to a magnetic azimuth, add the value of the G-M angle to the grid azimuth.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Personally, I have a crossbow, katana, spear, and MANY knives, night vision goggles and a sonic ear, lock-picks, bolt cutters and pry bar... and an ATV (that'll come in handy). I have been training in sword-play for many years. Why edged weapons? Government can't ban them... bolts and arrows can be reused, knives shaped from whatever is available (they, unlike bullets, can't be traced)... and, in a spiritual sense... when I walk through the woods with the sword on my back, knives about my person... there is a sense of... feeling right? with myself (being ture to my nature).
Although I live in a heavily wooded and swampy area, I have a few escape routes and bolt-holes. The first place I am heading for, wether it be National Guard or the Ancient One's returning is my parent's home... for some reason, having a Vietnam veteran nearby gives me a sense of security.
I honestly have no worries for myself... I think being involved with arcane and occult studies pretty much prepares me for anything. What concerns me would be my family. My wife, bless her, won't believe in ANYTHING unles she sees it for herself!
When the DAY comes, there will be those of us who will lead, others will assist "normal" people... myself... I'm preparing for battle.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
But I am one of those gifted people who has an uncanny ability to navigate with the stars,the sun and a watch or a sundial,and remember almost every single road by memory within 300 miles of my home.I don't plan on leaving known areas unless absolutely necessary either. Photographic memory with orienteering skills attained in the military,cover and concealment is an issue everywhere,all the time,good habits die hard,I even drive an unobtrusive,inconspicuous old 4wd subaru that is painted dark grey so it is nearly invisible at night,but a car is going to be a liability if the # flies,the best place to be is in a hole where you won't show a thermal signature,pent up until things calm down,any movement will give you away until the excitement passes,until the guard relaxes a bit.I have first hand knowledge that they use thermal imagery up here in wisco,was sitting on a log out in the woods at night and a pair of choppers were going over my position at about 3000 to 5000 feet altitude,no fire,no lights,no nearby structures,and as they passed they put a spotlight right on my position for about 10 seconds,turned it off and flew on without altering their course,this # is becoming somewhat bizzarre.....

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm going to post something I just thought of... in regards to this... might get some interesting feed-back.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Please bear with me, as I myself have thought about this for awhile...

I want to look at it from the outside first and then the inside.

So all heck breaks loose! What will 'I' want to do. Of course I would pack up the kids, the noodles, the guns, and the compass, and head for the hills. But then I imagine 250,000,000 people in their 5 square foot plots, in the foxholes, fighting over each others noodles, when someone wants to steal mine. We would be sitting ducks, in the woods, and hungry, shooting at each other.

The city, out of the question, for obvious reasons. It would be the central point of the NWO propagation.

So what to do?

I think back to the British controlling early america. A form of the NWO at that time, you think? We rebelled, fought, and died, to drive them out and gain control of our new freedom.

Now if the charge for the NWO occurs in modern times, it will be via the NATO forces, no doubt? Including our own military, except they would be on other NATO missions abroad, to keep them from being sentimental and reacting adversly to the NWO cause. Foreign representation would be HERE. Probubly from anti-american NATO members. Our local 'military' 'friends' would be the police. They would attempt to protect the community. As well as armed citizens deputized.

Again, just thinking outloud, and this is where I probubly get de-bunked...

The most recent NWO attempt we have experienced, well,...the Civil War. The war of the north and south. The Union was implementing federal governings onto the states. The south, had a different mentality, and was for the states having control over their own populations individually. The union wanted more federal control, 'as a betterment for the country' unified. The confederates fought fiercly to maintain anti-federalism. The south were more constitutionally minded in the literal translation of the ammendments.

The union won.

The confederates have been berated as being red-neck hicks, beer drinking, cross-burning hillbillies. To the winner goes the spoils of war. The winner writes the history books.

But the confederacy was more for the preservation of the constitution as our founding fathers had envisioned it.(or so it would appear I believe this).

I have read much editorial on the constitution being watered down to nothing, and all our rights slowly being taken away.(nothing to do with the civil war, just modern editorial) I believe this to be true.

Notice how to this day the south has confederate representation, at the state government level. It takes action of anti-slavery symbology to remove the flag from public places. Interestingly this had little to do with the origins of the war, but appeared to do with political posturing for a platform, in the presidential election of the time.

Where am I going with this?

If the US gov attempts to combine with a NWO effort, as many threads here seem to imply, the answer for your responce would not to be to run for the hills with your supplies. The answer should be to ban together with your supplies, as the early americans did, to stand up and fight for freedom. Stand up in groups to protect our constitution as the confederacy did.

Probubly nukes, probubly germs, probubly deaths. But it seems this is likely either way, even before any 'invasion'.

But to go out as individuals and hide, would beget defeat. Occupancy would be a simple pleasure it seems for any invaders.

(as a side note, I was born in the north and educated in the north and south. I dont consider myself a yankee or a southerner, just blue blooded american)

Final note...what did that time traveler say...Titus?...Know 5 people you trust with your life,..learn guns,... ride bikes,...it seems if everyone worried knew 5 people they trusted, you would have a massive trusted mobile army to defend itself.

My editorial, done.

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
basically what i only have right now is, my trusty 12 gauge, (cant wait till im 21 and Wisconsin passes that damn concealed weapon permit bill!), food, map, water (from a tapped well, and she wont quit flowing), (trying to get gold coins), tools, saws, gasoline, cigars (LOL!), matches, machati, and my CB. I think thats it, if i forgot somethin, oh well. Oh, and my scanner, for the cops and the gov't

And for where i would go to avoid the NWO, the best place to go is visit the Swiss, if my memory serves right, all males 18+ must (law) have a semi-automatic rifle, and be prepared for defense, cause they dont have a large military. And dig deep with some good chocolate makers, LOL!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join