It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The D-Ego (Digital Ego)...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HBStar

Doesn't hurt to try

Well, I wouldn't guarantee that it doesn't hurt, it just might, a bit, but the point is both you and the rest of us will get over it.
I look forward to hearing you point of view on things, whether I ultimately agree or not, I am sure there will be something to learn.
cheers!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Good thread, teach all of ´em spammers a lesson. Luckily, as i´m a eleven year old, i don´t have the problem of D-Ego.

Stop the Spammers!

Bildeberg

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Springer:
Occasionally, a "good" member will have a bad day, a bit of "drunk" on, or simply go stark raving mad and act the fool (the D-Ego gone haywire). When this happens we certainly DO take into account the history of the member in question and act accordingly. Usually this sort of situation is resolved with a stern "talking to" and a warning.

LOL
That cracked me up! Guilty

But a good reminder of how things roll around here.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
True...

This one deserves a "Bump" !

I was gonna say something ridiculous, but my better half got the long straw.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My D-Ego is no match for my RW-Ego.

-somsom

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm glad that this thread was written as I, though I was not trying to look for trouble, but trying to get a point across was verbally assaulted like never before on ATS, and realized that many that were spewing such hateful words were newer members and sad to say a few older members.

I did not make a complaint as I wanted to see if this would continue if no one noticed, and it did. The thread eventually died (thankfully), but I noticed that many members were angry, and bias, and yes hurtful at times. People said things that I am SURE they would never say to my face, but with the bravado of an online membership felt that they could say what they wished.

My thread could have been ignored as any other, but though my explanation was thorough, those that knew what I was saying were also accosted, both in the thread and U2U'd, when sticking up for me/my thread.

I hope that I can speak by following the T&C and never have to face such hate again. I never want to feel that my words have to be silenced due to the out lash of those who do not agree.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
True...

I was gonna say something ridiculous, but my better half got the long straw.

at times my EGO can be huge , not that it ever does me any good ...

edit on 27-2-2011 by elevatedone because: per request of member.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I found meeting people that encounter your D-Ego and wondering why you're nothing like that in reality was humorous.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well - here's a surprise for me.

My D-Ego is more measured and controlled than my RW-Ego....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for your reminder , after reading through some of my posts i can see what you mean and offer my sincerest apologies if i offended anyone on this forum or elsewhere in any way . Sometimes pure ignorance , sometimes low self-esteem , at other times the need for staying cautious and vigilant , even mistrusting in the eyes of a possible danger takes over the desire to finally live a life of love , harmony and peace , free from any conflicts . But thanks for pointing out mistakes and giving everyone who reads this a chanche of improvement .
i will do my best and will try to avoid these childish mistakes which consume our valuable time in the future .
Sorry , and Peace , Brother
edit on 15-12-2011 by BoB420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Bump this thread,

Thank you springer I think this is the first spot of call for new members to ensure they don't take up this position themselves, and also don't take it personally as such when they can see other members responding in this way.

Want to link in a thread just started, that discusses on ATS the effects of this

The World is Big Place Remember Where You Come From

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bumping as a reminder.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I agree Springer, well said.

You can traverse any number of forums on the net and witness proper, logical and thought out discussion go downhill because some become, what the internet community has come to call "butthurt"

I follow the simple idea that a lot of what is certain on Planet Earth is simple uncertainty. And when nothing is obvious, how do you find truth? Well hopefully people listen to each other respectfully, offer healthy criticism and more or less teach each other. If we can combine our thoughts free of judgement, the bigger picture will fall in place, I'm almost certain

I leave my skepticism at the door and open my mind to the ideas of my brothers and sisters. So glad to be on ATS ^^

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I never tend to get mad, not even in forums. I'm too afraid of confrontation I think
I have found some threads before this forum which do make me mad though, and that's when I boil on the inside yet on the outside I appear to be mildly irritated. I wish people here would stop calling each other names over llines of text which could easily be a misunderstanding on the author's part.
edit on 19-7-2013 by InSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bumped for those who may have missed it earlier.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think the below needs to be emphasized every few months or so.

I have seen the reality of that APPEAR to GREATLY IMPROVE over time--over my what--8 years hereon?

And, coming from a very scrappy conservative forum about as large . . . it took me a while to "get" the British notion of civility and NO insults.

I do think an area that's still overly fuzzy . . . and I don't know how to improve it . . . is the sarcasm thing. Certainly some sarcasm can be easily and obviously over the insult line.

However, I also think that sarcasm against IDEAS, ASSERTIONS, BELIEFS, STATEMENTS etc.

VS

sarcasm against the personhood, character of the other poster

OUGHT to be great and OK. Am I wrong?

Sometimes, it still seems like I can get blind sided by a mod who takes my sarcasm as an intolerable insult. I don't recall the last case. It's conceivable. It's something I've been somewhat given to writing for much of my 66 years.

However, I don't really want to take anyone by the verbal jugular and thrash them about the head and shoulders, even with sarcasm.

Yet, using sarcasm against ideas, statements, beliefs . . . I'd still like to do that as fitting. Am I off base?

The standard on the RELIGION FORUM on FREEREPUBLIC.COM was that if a PERSON was identifiable or an identifiable member of a group--then there could be no insults. Yet, saying that

"most wife abusers are despicable cretins"

could be OK as long as no specific FREEPER was identifiably included in the group of "most wife abusers"

I don't know if there's any usefulness in such a criteria or boundary--modified however suited--for ATS on such scores as sarcasm, or not.

= = = = =

In terms of D-Ego . . . what's a psychologist know about that. LOLOLOL. I plead the 5th.

I think mostly I do OK as long as I don't feel personally stalked and assaulted relentlessly in some sort of heavy-handed, double standard way by folks who can get away with it.

I don't think that's happened for several years and I'm EXCEEDINGLY THANKFUL for that. It has meant that I've stayed around--for better or worse. LOL.

Anyway--Much appreciate the great place and the typically good modding. Rarely does it seem overly lopsided and arbitrary any more.

THX THX THX.

Blessings,

quote]Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
How about even more of a "peeling of the onion" on this D-ego?

You, the members should know that WE also take precautions to keep our own D-egos in check. This provides all of you the saftey and protection from persecution, etc.

What the heck do you mean Zedd?

I mean that when we take action on most things (maybe excluding a small 20-point one-liner warn or something), we discuss the matter among the other Staff members. This assures that one day Zedd doesn't go rogue, banning all those members that he just plain doesn't agree with on subjects.

I bring this up because it IS a topic we always hear..."the nazi mods are out to get me" or "Zedd just doesn't like me and is out to get me." Believe me...because I AM being completely real here. If I were to do something like that, there would be angry Mods, angry Councilors (who members vote in and are privy to some action matters) AND I would have an Admin's foot imprinted heavily on my backside.

You ALL do that?

Yes we do and it's NOT just at a set level..that goes to the top. Admins also "check themselves" and absolutely DO take advice and criticism from other Staff members.

So, all-in-all...we do police ourselves and you should do the same. It's easier when you only post and don't have a "ban button" handy, so you don't need a committee like we do. Simply ask yourself if what you're about to post falls into the various traps that Springer outlined above. Even take a walk for a few minutes first and then...think a second time. All steps YOU can take to keep your "D-ego" under wraps.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Of course it is a role-playing and such. Yes masters, get your feet in the air, we are all digital. But what real Ego would look like. Is not digital also? In a sense yes, it is a pattern it is a thing, that comes from no-thing. The trick is not to kill it, bury it, or pee upon, it is just to remember where you come from.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ty for the info

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr Love

This forum is for me then. Great, no fallacies/

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join