It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race-based cookies start riot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is the crap I've been talking about. This is why I hate repugnants to the depths of my soul. This is why I think they're going straight to hell.

DALLAS -- Southern Methodist University shut down a bake sale Wednesday in which cookies were offered for sale at different prices, depending on the buyer's race or gender. The sale was organized by the Young Conservatives of Texas, who said it was intended as a protest of affirmative action.

A sign said white males had to pay $1 for a cookie. The price was 75 cents for white women, 50 cents for Hispanics and 25 cents for blacks.

LIE ALERT: Members of the conservative group said they meant no offense and were only trying to protest the use of race or gender as a factor in college admissions.

www.newsday.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Its this constant promotion of the LIE that makes me hate them so. That's why they're going to hell. AA helps women of all races first and foremost. Blacks males? Mostly no. They don't have the opportunity to take advantage of AA since many are prison bound but, the repugnants won't tell you that.

They just say AA is oppressive, build more prisons, and they're for the death penalty.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Lie alert - the continued assertion that affirmative action is right.
Oppression of the people - Not allowing the club to illustrate the absudity of the darling of the liberals.

Possible lie alert - Cookie sale starts "riot". I've sen no indication of a "riot". I guess it depends on how one might spin words to prop one's particular position. Being an Esquire, you are aware of spinning!

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Lie alert - the continued assertion that affirmative action is right.
Oppression of the people - Not allowing the club to illustrate the absudity of the darling of the liberals.

Possible lie alert - Cookie sale starts "riot". I've sen no indication of a "riot". I guess it depends on how one might spin words to prop one's particular position. Being an Esquire, you are aware of spinning!

You again. The lie that is propogated by the repugnants is inmy second post.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
heh, i was reading this book in the library, and it had this funny true story:

" Reagan's successor, the first George Bush, maintained the bandwagons momentum with a campaign which played freely on middle america's racial nightmares and used the word 'Liberal' the way joe mccarthy used 'commie'; it was run by the late lee atwater, a one-time southern soul-rocker. When a host of R'B and rock stars showed up to jam at a Bush inauguration party, ron wood presented atwater with his guitar. "

this incident led to a funnny comment by a Rolling Stone correspondence named Mike Woodward:

"By embracing blues music, the republican party hopes to attract many of the people to whom it gave the blues in the first place with its repressive elitist policies"

----

Hope you find as much humour in it as i do.
And why did you change your avatar colonel, the other guy was way better.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by TheSwordMaster]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Quite the appropo quote.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

by TheSwordMaster
and used the word 'Liberal' the way joe mccarthy used 'commie'

They still do. It's a technique they use to immediately pigeonhole someone into a negative category in peoples mind which makes it so much easier for them to dismiss others opinions and anything further they would have to say. You'll notice that Republicans have many more negative terms to describe Democrats than vice-versa. �Cheap labour Conservatives� and Colonel�s imaginative 'repugnants' are the only ones I can think of whereas the Republicans seem to have plenty which are often rolled out. I think that�s pretty indicative of some of types of people who become Republicans.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thats funny because the way i see it is that I could work my ass off for a perfect SAT score and some black kid could come out of nowhere and slack off and get into college before me. Thats the point that the group was making. They were saying that it isn't fair to the rest of the country's population.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
WAHH. WAHHH WAHH. How many black kids did you see in your college? What was the percentage out of all the students? Me being black, I remember mine---4%. That's 96% or so white students! Hell, there were more gays in our school than blacks! But, I guess you'd only be happy if it were 100%.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Someone was ranting about this earlier and I really thought he was joking. He didn't mention the objective of this 'sale', just the prices of cookies depending on race. All in all, my standpoint remains the same, people continue to create a division among themselves. It seems to be an everlasting situation that will only end with the destruction of humanity. ::sighs::

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry, Bangin. You're making me feel bad.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
That certainly wasn't my intent, Colonel.
::blows kiss:: I have some serious issues with humanity. I suppose most would call me a 'dreamer'. Deep down I think most want the same thing, equality. Newsflash--Equality doesn't exist regardless of your skin color. It's disturbing to me that people have an issue with something that we're born into...ie. our shell.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriousbob
Thats funny because the way i see it is that I could work my ass off for a perfect SAT score and some black kid could come out of nowhere and slack off and get into college before me. Thats the point that the group was making. They were saying that it isn't fair to the rest of the country's population.

Affirmitive action sucks. It guarantees people who are not qualified will get preferential treatment for jobs, promotions, and schooling.
If some ghetto homey wants to go to college let him study books at night instead of gang banging around.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Colonel, you have got to quit this liberal political correctness bull$h!t.
If you are going to be that way, at least do it yourself...

You must understand, most conservatives don't even know the true value of the conservative party, just as most liberals don't understand it is that very party which encourages social inequality..
Think about it, if we were all capitalists, the low-income class of society would be abolished, you'd be alright, rich, or rich, rich *****'n RICH!!
If we were are radiacal liberals, we'd all be "almost" ok.
This social welfare crap, it's like communism, you people that want to work, work and feed the others.
You people that don't, that's ok, I'll make someone else feed you...
Take time to reflect on the Democratic values and compare them to those of the Republican values,
Angered by ignorance of reality

- Tass

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Affirmitive action sucks. It guarantees people who are not qualified will get preferential treatment for jobs, promotions, and schooling.
If some ghetto homey wants to go to college let him study books at night instead of gang banging around.

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Colonel, you have got to quit this liberal political correctness bull$h!t.
If you are going to be that way, at least do it yourself...

You must understand, most conservatives don't even know the true value of the conservative party, just as most liberals don't understand it is that very party which encourages social inequality..
Think about it, if we were all capitalists, the low-income class of society would be abolished, you'd be alright, rich, or rich, rich *****'n RICH!!
If we were are radiacal liberals, we'd all be "almost" ok.
This social welfare crap, it's like communism, you people that want to work, work and feed the others.
You people that don't, that's ok, I'll make someone else feed you...
Take time to reflect on the Democratic values and compare them to those of the Republican values,
Angered by ignorance of reality

- Tass

First of all, never EVER tell me what to #in do.

Secondly, I know most conservatives don't know how even to read, analyze, or even care to---their representive Bush proudly disclaims that.

YOU. You're looking for utopia. It ain't happening, son. All men are inherently evil with touches of good. I would rather work for the good and be wrong than throw my hands up and say everything is #ed...like YOU. I mean, if you ain't offerin any solutions, what else are you sayiin?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
AFFRIMATIVE ACTION HELPS WOMEN?

Could have fooled me.

Ims till waiting for that myth to kick in.

I have been turned down for mechanical and ellectrical jobs that I have applied for and was more qualified than the non english speaking immigrant who got the job in my stead! Where is this affirmative action thats supposed to help me?

Affrimative action in the military got alot of people who werent qualified promoted or sent to the right school. But it didnt help me none. Even thought I worked hard at what I did.

And to tell you the truth, I dont see affrimative action helping alot of black people either. I see a couple who have benefitted from it, but not many.

Personally, I see it as basically a useless idea now. Long ago when blacks were suddenly desegragated and no longer told to get thier asses to the back of the bus, it was needed to ensure they could get a fair shake from a society that at that time, had grown up with blacks only restaraunts. But now, in an age where we have black people doiung just about everything, I think its divisive and pointless, and really aint helpin anyone.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes, yes Colonel, I am looking for utopia.
It's because of people like you it will never happen.
I don't offer any solutions?
Well then Col., enlighten me...
What are your solutions?
These are the one's I've seen:
1.) Assasinate Bush AND Cheney, bad idea, you'll get shot first.
2.) Impeach Bush and Cheney, not happening.
3.) Change America so everyone is the same. Socialogically speaking, this is impossible. No one will except being the same as everyone else. This is not a human flaw, rather, it it the natural desire all humans have (or should have unless it was suppressed by some damn liberal teacher) to "Be all they can be".
That's my new motto.
That's the view of a capitalist for you.
That's the view of an American...
Cheers
- Tass

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Yes, yes Colonel, I am looking for utopia.
It's because of people like you it will never happen.
I don't offer any solutions?
Well then Col., enlighten me...
What are your solutions?
These are the one's I've seen:
1.) Assasinate Bush AND Cheney, bad idea, you'll get shot first.
2.) Impeach Bush and Cheney, not happening.
3.) Change America so everyone is the same. Socialogically speaking, this is impossible. No one will except being the same as everyone else. This is not a human flaw, rather, it it the natural desire all humans have (or should have unless it was suppressed by some damn liberal teacher) to "Be all they can be".
That's my new motto.
That's the view of a capitalist for you.
That's the view of an American...
Cheers
- Tass

People like me? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your #ing fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join