It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honda improves the ASIMO Robot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Honda's ASIMO humanoid robot has gotten an upgrade.

asimo.honda.com

TOKYO, December 13, 2005 – Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today debuted a new ASIMO humanoid robot that features the ability to pursue key tasks in a real-life environment such as an office and an advanced level of physical capabilities. Compared to the previous model, the new ASIMO achieves the enhanced ability to act in sync with people -- for example, walking with a person while holding hands. A new function to carry objects using a cart was also added. Further, the development of a "total control system" enables ASIMO to automatically perform the tasks of a receptionist or information guide and carry out delivery service. In addition, the running capability is dramatically improved, with ASIMO now capable of running at a speed of 6km/hour and of running in a circular pattern.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Click here for video.

ASIMO can now run very well. Watch the video it is impressive

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I like this little guy:

www.sony.net...

Imagine having this as a kid? Who would needs friends?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think that robot 'evolution' is very fascinating. I really like watching how the ASIMO grows and becomes such an amazing thing. Sony's QRIO is pretty cool too. I've seen a demo video where they are dancing and it is amazing.
18 years of work and research have gone into making the ASIMO. Imagine where it will be in the next 18 years, or even in just the next 5.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well they might look cute & innocent now, but they'll be using us as Duracells soon

Guess it doesnt help that I just rewatched all the Matrix movies last night

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The program looks amazing however I would like to see a large on/off button, something you could easily head butt, its one thing to be freaked out by aliens, but to open the door and find one of these guys tearing the head of your dog, jeepers, that combined with the size a of the unit and the points of light for eyes, as I said - JEEPERS.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hollywood has made everyone so scared of robots....

Its ashame. You think good nice robots would make money? not really. Thats why Issac Asimov movies never get made. I robot was a total rip off and had nothing to do with the plot.

This is amazing I have followed Asimo closely in the past. This really is a step int eh right direction for technology. I dont think peopel realize how big of a feat it is to get him to even ballance on two legs. Thats amazing in itself. Now we are getign deeper into it. Robots are really starting to pick up in the recent years and this is great news.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Don't fear the ASIMO. Even with its new speed you can still out run it

Mizar is right, Hollywood has over done the killer robot plot.
If you want to fear the machine, fear it because you depend on it. When you depend on a machine and one day it is gone what will you do?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xander68
Well they might look cute & innocent now, but they'll be using us as Duracells soon

Guess it doesnt help that I just rewatched all the Matrix movies last night

Use Robocop 1 as a chaser next time mmkay he is the true Lord and all

www.belowtopsecret.com...

top topics

join