It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of an advanced human past

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
According to some ancient texts, man kind has been here before. The Mayans talk of cycles and supposedly we have done this before and will do this again.

There are many odd creations that have been dug up - some hidden, some just simply unexplained.

Forget the pyramids, even though it is an interesting speculation as to how it was built.

I want to focus on what I think is the most interesting ancient creation in my book.

For years, the Trilithon at Baalbek and the Hajar-el-Hibla at Baalbek have me believing that man did in fact rise technologically, possibly destroying themselves and knocking us back to sticks and rocks.

Look at these:

(from www.world-mysteries.com...)

See the people in the photo's? That shows just how massive these carved stones are.

Even with the know-how of 100 years ago, there is no logical way man did this with kites or cordage or anything.

I think this is evidence of SOMETHING in our distant past, weather it be technology or outside help. One can only guess which, but it does show that there is MUCH more to our history than we are taught.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That is a big rock!

I must say that I'm skeptical though. That big monolith in the bottom picture doesn't look right to me. It looks out of proportion to the other 'rocks' in the picture.

The top picture looks weird as well, the people do give us a relation in size, but the plants in the front of the picture kinda give it away. They definately aren't very big, unless they ae the top of trees, which they could be.

I would like to believe that ancient civilisations had technology we don't know about, and I do believe it, but these pics just don't look right to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Point 1: Can you be sure that these photos are not fake?
Point2: Making a stone block and cutting it, isn't as hard as you would believe the transportation although difficult is possible. The problem is the time frame, people have displayed that you can do it but it took them weeks to move just one of them - meaning it would take years or thousands of people.

That is the glory of sand, you can move some of it without moving it all so several ropes, etc can be placed under to make it easier to move the objects.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Given the size of some of the structures that where built in the past one naturaly assumes some type of advanced tech must have been used to move such large stones but let me tell you what i did last weekend and just apply the process to a large stone.

I have an outdoor wood boiler that weighs in at 1,000 plus pounds (im not guessing at the weight, thats actual the scale only went to 1,000 pounds thats why i say plus ) It was originally loaded into a truck by forklift but of course at my house i dont have a forktruck. So by myself i took some 4x4 pieces of oak and set them up like a ramp and then took another 4x4 and used it as a pry bar to tilt the stove so i could wedge a round post ( Log ) under the front of the stove then i tied a rope around the stove then using the eyelets on the truck bed as make shift pulleys i lowered the stove down the ramp as it rolled over the first log i tied the rope off and then placed another log under the front of the stove. I kept doing this until i got the stove on the ground. I will admit i allmost collapsed the bed of the truck from the weight but it did work. Once in place i noticed the stove leaked so i had to reweld it, the only problem was my welder was 200+ ft away and i didnt have 220 volt electricity where the stove was so i had to move the stove to the welder then back again, so again i used a 4x4 to tilt the stove and kick a log underneath it then i used the same 4x4 to push the stove further onto the log then put another log in front of the stove and repeated these steps until i rolled the stove on the logs to the shop then welded the stove and rolled it back. So in about 2 hours one man who only weighs 175 pounds lowered an object 1000+ pounds out of a truck then moved it 400+ feet using no modern tools at all just esentialy sticks and logs. No magic no advanced technology just wood, Ive used this method to even move my 10x12 building that likley weighs more then 1,000 pounds.

Just imagine if there where say ten people trying to move a 10,000 pound stone the same principles apply.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The photos are definitely genuine - the 'trilithon' at Baalbek is well know in archaeology (both orthodox and pseudo).

The official explanation I believe is that the whole temple of Jupiter at Ballbek was built by the Romanas - and that includes the massive stones. The alternative theory is that the platform was already in existence.

Personally I have no problem believing that the Romans could have moved such large stones had they wanted to. Just not so sure why they'd want to though? Doesn't mean it was aliens or ancient lost technologically advanced civilisations wot done it though. After all, they too would have no reason to use such large stones.....

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
These are definately not fakes, they are real.

Another thing to point out - if this this was done without help or without some tech, it seems to me that they would have made them smaller. Why would they make each block so big? They could have made the blocks smaller, similarly to the stone work in Greece - in sections.

These are so rediculously heavy and large. Not only the weight and transportation, but their creation as well.

Man has done some amazing things, but I think this is beyond amazing.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Photos are real. You can view more photos at Google - Images.

For sure, this requires much more then hammer and chisel to make.

Edit: Search for Baalbek for more photos.

Edit 2: I did some research, and it appears archeologist believe that this was done in Roman Empire time. It more looks that roman's added stuff to something that was already built.

Wikipedia on Baalbek

[edit on 12/15/05 by vietifulJoe]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This type of thread always has my interest. However, I have a slightly different take on things, or a skew, if you prefer.

I wonder if, perhaps, the civilized technology of the past is not so much advanced, as just different.

We look at possible solutions for these question through eyes that are educated to our current technology and civilization. We may be missing other solutions, simply because we don't tend to think outside of the box. And when someone does think outside of the box, they are often put on a shelf as being eccentric.

For instance, the South American Natives had roads that go back... oh... say several thousand years, but the only real evidence that I know of, that shows they knew anything about the wheel is found on their toys. Could there have been an alternate use for the roads? One that, perhaps, we can't think of because we are used to seeing roads jammed with cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles?

I have read that the South Americans also used a plant mixture that, when applied, made stone malleable and moldable, and so, the very tight seams between large stones in their many archeological sites. We as a civilization tend to view stone work as something to be done with force... Hammers, chisels, Jack-Hammers, explosives, and the like. We are, for all of our, supposed advancement, a base sort of culture. Not necessarily behind any advanced cultures of the past, but more tucked into the way we do things, which is normal.

Maybe the ancients had a different insight, not necessarily better, just different. And those insights led them into different inroads in the physics and practical applications of their sciences.

One more thought. Let's look for a moment at Germany, in WWII. Many of their scientific applications were based more on silic on, or so I have been told. Maybe, if they had won the war, we would be using a whole set of scientific principles and concepts than we do, even now.

Just thoughts.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The trilithon is definitly not a fake. It is somethign of a mystery, if you beleive that it couldn't've been moved by primitive man. The stones are incredibly massive.

But, if this means that man had super-advanced tech, why the heck are they moving around big rocks?

Of course, that doesn't mean that it must've been made with primitive tech.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

I wonder if, perhaps, the civilized technology of the past is not so much advanced, as just different.

That is possible too - different. Of course not like we are today, because we would just use concrete. However, the fact that we don't know how it was done still means that the knowledge was lost, again pointing to the possibilty that man was here before and beyond what history teaches.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To me, it seems that archeologist often assumed stuff in absence of evidence. It is hard to explain how people with primitive tools made monuments like that, and in my own opinion it is harder to find a good reason / motive for such projects.

Even if we prove that they had a tools to carve those stones, question that still will be unexplained is how did they move those stones, and in some places, how did they lift them on such a height.

English is my second language, sorry for all Grammar mistakes.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe
To me, it seems that archeologist often assumed stuff in absence of evidence. It is hard to explain how people with primitive tools made monuments like that, and in my own opinion it is harder to find a good reason / motive for such projects.

Even if we prove that they had a tools to carve those stones, question that still will be unexplained is how did they move those stones, and in some places, how did they lift them on such a height.

English is my second language, sorry for all Grammar mistakes.

Your language is fine... But now... I challenge you to think outside of the box. Apply the culture and views that you have from your native land, and see if you can come up with alternate views. This could be fun!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

even if we prove that they had a tools to carve those stones, question that still will be unexplained is how did they move those stones, and in some places, how did they lift them on such a height.

I think i may have answered that question in my above post, a man with a 4x4 and the right fulcrum can lift a ton with ease. Two men can lift even more...

For sure, this requires much more then hammer and chisel to make.

That depends on the type of rock it is and the mason who is crafting it. Look at the statues on easter island and they where alll man made.

Why would they make each block so big?

This may sound stupid but possibly to limit the amount of work they had to do. Think about it , its easier to carve one 10ft x 10ft x 10ft block then to carve 1000 1ft Square blocks and the 10ft square block would be alot stronger against intruders or whatever your putting behind the big block. Again this all depends on the hardness and the ease in carving the rock type your dealing with.

But, if this means that man had super-advanced tech, why the heck are they moving around big rocks?

ding, ding we have a winner..........that has got to be the best question ever asked.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, considering that they are in fact real, I am baffled. They are truly massive! I would love to go and see them some day, hopefully i'll get the chance someday.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
Given the size of some of the structures that where built in the past one naturaly assumes some type of advanced tech must have been used to move such large stones but let me tell you what i did last weekend and just apply the process to a large stone.

I have an outdoor wood boiler that weighs in at 1,000 plus pounds (im not guessing at the weight, thats actual the scale only went to 1,000 pounds thats why i say plus ) It was originally loaded into a truck by forklift but of course at my house i dont have a forktruck. So by myself i took some 4x4 pieces of oak and set them up like a ramp and then took another 4x4 and used it as a pry bar to tilt the stove so i could wedge a round post ( Log ) under the front of the stove then i tied a rope around the stove then using the eyelets on the truck bed as make shift pulleys i lowered the stove down the ramp as it rolled over the first log i tied the rope off and then placed another log under the front of the stove. I kept doing this until i got the stove on the ground. I will admit i allmost collapsed the bed of the truck from the weight but it did work. Once in place i noticed the stove leaked so i had to reweld it, the only problem was my welder was 200+ ft away and i didnt have 220 volt electricity where the stove was so i had to move the stove to the welder then back again, so again i used a 4x4 to tilt the stove and kick a log underneath it then i used the same 4x4 to push the stove further onto the log then put another log in front of the stove and repeated these steps until i rolled the stove on the logs to the shop then welded the stove and rolled it back. So in about 2 hours one man who only weighs 175 pounds lowered an object 1000+ pounds out of a truck then moved it 400+ feet using no modern tools at all just esentialy sticks and logs. No magic no advanced technology just wood, Ive used this method to even move my 10x12 building that likley weighs more then 1,000 pounds.

Just imagine if there where say ten people trying to move a 10,000 pound stone the same principles apply.

In all fairness, you only moved a 1000 lb. stove. These massive stones are on the order of 100-250 tons, which makes it pretty near to impossible to move by any kind of fulcrum/levee system, prehistoric or modern. And when it comes to moving objects of increasing weight, it's not directly proportional, it's actually exponential.

To illustrate, lemme use a thought experiment. You have a 10,000 lb truck that you need moved off the road, and for some reason or other the parking brake is stuck in the on position, and you can't get it out. Plus the truck won't start, so you can't move it. You have 6 2x4's and 40 ft of rope. How do you move the truck? No matter where you get a hold of the truck, you cannot move the thing very far. Lets say 6 people show up to try and help you move it, and each grabs a lever and starts trying to budge it. Sure, the truck will rock from side to side, and you may even get a 2x4 under a tire in the back, but what good does that do you when you can't push it forward? So 3 more show up and grab the rope, cut it into equal lengths, and go tie onto the truck to see if they can drag it some distance.

How far do you think that you 10 guys will get with the truck, using the same principles that you have laid out in your post? Maybe I'm wrong, and am just thinking inside the box. If so, I'd be more than willing to accept that, provided I get a reasonable solution to my thought experiment. Remember though, you have to use only what I've given, since according to what you've said, it should be plenty.

I await your reply....

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
www.geocities.com...

The Trilithon has 27 blocks, each in excess of 300 metric tons (661,386 lbs) and 3 of more that 800 metric tons! That's over 1,763,697lbs.

The second picture shows the Hadjar el Gouble (the Stone of the South) it weighs aprox 1,170 metric tons or 2,579,408 lbs. Why did they even bother making this stone unless they thought they could move it?

Whether advanced technology or just plain brute force was used, these blocks are some of the most massive ever moved by mankind.

The majority of the Great Pyramids stones were only 2 1/2 tons (5,000 lbs) with the largest being 50 tons (100,000 lbs) to give you some frame of referance for the size of these stones. THe largest Block in the Great Pyramid was less than 1/6 the size of the base blocks used at the Trilithon.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Further showing how impossible it is to move objects of that weight. It's just not possible by any known method.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
According to some ancient texts, man kind has been here before. The Mayans talk of cycles and supposedly we have done this before and will do this again.

sounds alot like battlestar galactica, "we have been here before, and will be here again"

Actually i have no problem with believing there were ancient advanced civilizations, but the evidence is often open to interpretation and far and few between. and the biggest problem is no advanced machinery, or anything else has been found, so unless they left and went, somewhere else say, space, they must of taken all there tech with them, but thats is far fetched. The only thing i would even consider evidence were the ancient sanskrit texts, which are few, and i cant read them, so im not even sure about those.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
The second picture shows the Hadjar el Gouble (the Stone of the South) it weighs aprox 1,170 metric tons or 2,579,408 lbs. Why did they even bother making this stone unless they thought they could move it?

Maybe that's the very reason its lying like that and isnt in the construction. They did think they could move it, only to be proven wrong in practice

Still, these stones are far more impressive than the tiny stones in the pyramids.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Who knows?

Maybe they saw no need in squibbling their ideas and culture down on walls anymore....

After all, the first battery dates back to 250bc.... Isn't reasonable to believe that they had other advance tools aswell?

Who knows what else they developed?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join