It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex sells in the x-men?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Today i was on www.uncannyxmen.net... a site i frequent a lot and i came across an article that was about the word sex being hidden in the pictures in one of the x-men comics.Some of the words are visible really clearly.Did Marvel put subliminal messages into their comics?
Has anyone else heard about this ? what do you think?
The comic was from 2002
Here is the Link

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wow

That is crazy. I think some of the pictures shown there might be stretching it but for the most part Sex is blatant in the photo.
Like this one,

I don't think it is something subliminal to help in book sales. X-men have been a top selling comic for a long time.
New X-men #118 was penciled by Ethan Van Seiver and inked by Scott Hanna and Sandu Florea. It could be that Van Seiver was having fun or a protest and did this but when I look at an image like this one,

I have to say that the inker(s) were behind the 'sex'. But then looking at the protest signs above the colorist decided to color the letters S, EX red. The coloring is contracted out to HI-FI Design.

So who is really behind all of this? I have the trade paper back that includes issues 118-126. I scanned the rest of the book for sex and didn't find anything.

The same art team worked on Issue 123. The only difference is that there are 4 inkers instead of two. I don’t understand why you would need more than one inker to do a book. Maybe this has something to do with it?

This is all really bizarre. Good find obiwan15

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Cartoon vixens with large breasts. I don't know what you're talking about sex sells.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
in some of those pics i couldnt see the word sex.
milking a cow is symbolism. Some people need to think with their top brain not the bottom one. :shk:

[edit on 19-12-2005 by gothica91]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Why sex?

Every time there's a hidden message it's always sex or have sex.

Not that I mind that as it's far less world changing (providing you have taken responsible protective measures) then a phrase such as Kill Bill for eg.

Whilst the inclusion of the word sex is normaly outed as the mischievious workings of the immature mind, the concept of control through suggestion is so over looked by society because of our own dismissive egos.

Most people would refute that they could be controlled by others, that their will is their's alone. They just order a pizza not because the television add came on at the right time , or they go to a place of worship on a particular day of historical importance, or they wear the clothes that are cool this winter, drive the car that says your another persons idea of what a real man is etc.

Advertising, Politics, Religion. All use repetition of icons, imagery,symbols, words and power phrases to control you.

World changing subliminal messaging....

nah... it's not serious.

For most it's not an issue, being controlled even if it's the slightest suggestion that they should act this way, wear these clothes or look like this is acceptable.

This is one of the best conspiracies of all time, it's right in front of every one and everyone chooses to ignore it.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Im sure its pure boredom, come on who is going to buy something just because it has the word sex.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Most likely was.

In animation the lowest ranking job traditionaly was the "in-betweener".

They drew the frames within the key frames or action frames that were done by the animator. They draw the action in between when the action begins and ends, allowing the animator to spend more time on animation rather then the sequential monotany of drawing each and every frame.

Their job was not very creative and extremely repetative. It's happened in movies and comics.

It's not serious....but suggestion is.

"You can go about your business....these arn't the droids your looking for"

GL is the NWO.

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Living in Detroit in the early seventies, and part of comic fandom, I was fortunate to have known and worked with artists who, later, became luminaries in the world of comic books; i.e., Rich Buckler, Greg Theakston, Mike Nasser, Tom Orzeckowski, Arvel Jones, etc. Working with these great artists, through personal experience, I recognized a deliberate effort to incorporate key words into artwork. I don't believe that this was anything that Marvel or DC sanctioned, it was just young adults "playing" and "goofing" around but I witnessed these artists and others deliberately placing the "F" word and other words into panels ..... just for kicks. It happens and it happens for no other reason than "to have fun".

top topics

join