It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Passengers Carnival Cruise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
So now by your own admission you have essentially admitted you are completely biased towards the cruise industry. That alone is a good reason not to believe what you say.

Is that a joke?

Please, tell me you are not being serious...

This guy is CLEARLY in the business. Whatever his role, from cruise-booker to vomit-cleaning-janitor, he CLEARLY knows way more about what goes on than you do.

But, instead of being thankful for having an ACTUAL Subject Matter Expert at your disposal (rather than a so-called SME who just has a lot of articles posted), and taking the opportunity to learn something, you just berate him for being BIASED??!??!?!?!?!!

I must be in the twilight zone.

Does that mean when you ask the waiter what he recommends, you should not eat because he works in the restaurant biz and is biased toward food?

OOOOOOHHHH, I know, it's more like going to the doctor because of some giant, stinky sore, then, after she tells you what do, you say, "no, I'm not gonna do that, 'cause your biased toward health."

Ridiculous.

Denying ignorance starts with ourselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamburglar

Is that a joke?

Why on earth would I joke about his clear bias? If I were in his shoes and if I worked for the cruise lines I would probably step up and try to down play what is going on for the simple fact my income depended on the industry. I am sure everyone would do the very same.

Also allow me to point out just because someone works for one certain industry does not mean they are an expert on the subject.

Now lets look at a few facts here

What would happen if you painted over evidence within hours of a crime?

Answer you would get charged with tampering with evidence. The same applies to the carpet that was replaced within a day or so. Yet Royal Caribbean got away with it and that too me is wrong.

Those are not ways to treat a crime scene, you leave them in place until qualified law enforcement officers/investigators have time to gather all of the forensic evidence.

Does las Vegas immediately clean a room after a crime to protect thier image? No absolutely not the room may be closed for days, perhaps more simply because they are regarded as crime scenes. You cannot say the same for the cruise industry or so it appears.

The main thing I object to here is the fact that cruise lines can do what they want when they want and do not have to follow the laws.

A good example would be where crew members are accused of rape. What happens after they are accused.? More then likely the ship just puts them off the ship and sends them home again (at least according to some news reports that is the cae) that is wrong they should be held accountable when accused.

Just to set the record straight not once did I say the cruise industry was not a safe place to take a vacation. All I have done is point out what I feel was done wrong in at least one case. Now if that makes me ignorant then I plead guilty.

[edit on 12/21/2005 by shots]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Originally posted by esdad71
If you have ever gone on an Alaskan crusie, 80% of those on the ship are over 65, and there are deaths due to age related or health related incidents. I know the facts, I am in the industry, and you are taking partial fact and trying to turn it into fear.

Esdad, maybe it's just me, but you seem to be taking a very defensive stance on all this.

It is clear, that crime statistics are not completely or reliably reported on cruise lines. The numbers reported by the Alaskan Cruise ships may indicate a more reliable statistic if they are in fact American companies, but either way, there are discrepancies in what's being reported you seem to choose to ignore.

Actually, I think Esdad's right. We were on a cruise two years ago, and they have electronic tagging of the passengers. We had a passkey to get off the boat and a passkey to get on the boat. They knew very accuratly who was on board and who wasn't.

Someone got left behind because they didn't think to return on time. While we were onboard, a man suffered a heart attack (hardly a surprise, since he was over 60).

BTW, we were on a Holland American ship.

I don't know if Carnival is as tight-wound with security as HollandAmerican is, but they were REAL sticklers for knowing (unobtrusively) who was where at what time.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join