It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore awarded Boeing a contract for 12 F-15SG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Boeing announced in its website that the Government of Singapore has awarded them with a contract to make 12 F-15 as their next generation fighter with option for 8 more.

Link

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, I wonder what it looks like, It is probably ATF't up with blended wings, angled surfaces, thrust vectoring exhausts and front canards.

I may find some images of it!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
Sounds interesting, I wonder what it looks like, It is probably ATF't up with blended wings, angled surfaces, thrust vectoring exhausts and front canards.

I may find some images of it!

Or , more likely its an F-15S with updated avionics and localised weapons fit

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's about what my guess would be - an upgraded F-15S. If anyone has ever played the game "AceCombat 5," you'll know what I'm talking about.

www.masdf.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">F-15S/MTD

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My guess is that it will look no different from the F-15E it is based on, just an upgraded avionics fit.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Its just an F-15 with different components than the other versions. SG is for Singapore just like the f-15 J stands for japan. Its the customise version so that each country feels special.

I wonder why Singapore chose the F-15 specially since they seem to be closer to Britain and that even Tony Blair went there to lobby the acquisition of British planes. Jacques Chirac also went there to try and sell the Rafale if I am not mistaken.

I wonder why the US did to win this contract to Boeing which seems to be on fire (check the B 787 Quantas thread)

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

"...is probably ATF't up with blended wings, angled surfaces, thrust vectoring exhausts and front canards. "

No. It is just an F-15 E with some government- or customer-furnished equipment (GFE/CFE) such as Singapore's choice of engines (perhaps RTM rather than GE) and some Singaporean radios and maybe part of the ASE suite.

My company usually can't sell a system to the customer unless they have some special things of their own on it; this "domestic content" keeps some of their engineers and factories at work.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The Boeing F-15C Eagle is the most capable and lethal air-to-air fighter currently in service worldwide. The F-15C has an air combat victory ratio of 95-0 making it one of the most effective air superiority aircraft ever developed. The US Air Force claims the F-15C is in several respects inferior to, or at best equal to, the MiG-29, Su-27, Su-35/37, Rafale, and EF-2000, which are variously superior in acceleration, maneuverability, engine thrust, rate of climb, avionics, firepower, radar signature, or range. Although the F-15C and Su-27P series are similar in many categories, the Su-27 can outperform the F-15C at both long and short ranges. In long-range encounters, with its superior radar, the Su-27 can launch a missile before the F-15C does, so from a purely kinematic standpoint, the Russian fighters outperform the F-15C in the beyond-visual-range fight. The Su-35 phased array radar is superior to the APG-63 Doppler radar in both detection range and tracking capabilities. A few F-15Cs are equipped with the APG-63(V2) Active Electronic Scanned Array (AESA) radar and Fighter Data Link (FDL). Additionally, the Su-35 propulsion system increases the aircraft’s maneuverability with thrust vectoring nozzles. Simulations conducted by British Aerospace and the British Defense Research Agency compared the effectiveness of the F-15C, Rafale, EF-2000, and F-22 against the Russian Su-35 armed with active radar missiles similar to the AIM-120 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM). The Rafale achieved a 1:1 kill ratio (1 Su-35 destroyed for each Rafale lost). The EF-2000 kill ratio was 4.5:1 while the F-22 achieved a ratio of 10:1. In stark contrast was the F-15C, losing 1.3 Eagles for each Su-35 destroyed.

I KNEW IT!

Go to the bottom to where it says "The Boeing F-15C" the very last paragraph

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I played Ace Combat five, and if its anything like that.....it will be awesome!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This news should be expected in past. I just wondered that Singapore oght to use a kind of fighter that has capability to do STOL, a Singaporeis so small that no long time and long runway to take warning.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www.scramble.nl...

Try this site if you lot want to know the worlds air forces, Beast site this must see for all ATS users.

new topics

top topics

join