It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird earthquake or something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Did anyone else hear or feel the earthquake in southern california, laguna beach area today? It was very loud like 2 rapid explosions, the house hardly shook so i'm not sure if it was an earthquake. It happened at about 2 pm, my bother heard it at school and the firemen pulled all their trucks out for safety.

Normally the quakes start out rumbling and then the house will rock a bit but this was like 2 sudden jolts without the shake. It was very loud i thought some massive explosions had occured somewhere close.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
did you ever find out what this was?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
No, i looked on the earthquake site but none happened at the time of the event so i don't know what it was. What do you think about a low flying jet or something breaking the sound barrier?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
thats quite possible, If i were you i would ask around a bit more,

Try asking the fire crew why they pulled the trucks out? maybe they have an idea..

Is there an army base near you?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Two rapid explsions huh? First you probably heard a wooshing type sound, then the ka-boom. That was a sonic boom you heard my friend.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Are sonic booms a normal thing on the west coast?

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is weird. I live in Tennessee and like a year ago the news said that the military was testing some airplane out and that there would be really loud sonic booms for a while. For about 2 weeks you could hear them sometimes. They sounded like a bomb going off, one was heard in like a 80 mile radius!

It could be maybe some aircraft, that is the likely explaination.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I saw in the paper that it was a gas line explosion, they were doing construction close to my house and hit a pipe. Fortunately nobody was injured.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
great that we found out what happend, and more glad that nobody got injured,

Thanks for updating us on this,
have a merry christmas

new topics

top topics

join