It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk governments no to 7/7 enquiry.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Home Office here in the UK has stated it will not be holding an public enquiry into the London bombings on 7/7.

www.sky.com...

Even without taking into consideration the conspiracy theories here on ATS about these bombings, i personaly feel that an independant enquiry should be carried out if requested by the victims and thier families.

When the government tries to brush somehing like this under the carpet, or refuses to look into it any more, can they really be suprised no-one trusts them?

I particularly like the bit which says that whilst the investigation is still ongoing, the security services have built up a good picture of the circumstances around the bombers. Did'nt they say that about the Brazilian guy they wasted on the tube?

Also....."almost uniquely in the history of British crime and terrorism, details of the perpetrators' actions are unlikely to emerge through the normal means - a criminal trial - because the four bombers are dead".

Now if i was to be thinking along the lines of a conspiracy theorist, i'd say that was pretty handy. No enquiry, the bombers are dead, so we'll tell you what really happened that day ok?

CX.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by CX]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think the point is being missed here.

There are several 'independant' enquiries underway on this matter in the UK at the moment and our government has promised to make those findings public when they report.

What they are not going to agree to is a brand new and what we call a public enquiry.

The reasons they give for this is the diversion of resources and to a large extent the duplication of what is going on already.

Mr Blair said it was already known "essentially" what happened on 7 July and said there would be up to five Commons select committee inquiries.

"If we ended up having a full scale public inquiry... we would end up diverting a massive amount of police and security service time and I don't think it would be sensible," he said.

He added that the written narrative - to be compiled by a senior civil servant - would include all of the evidence the government had.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If they want to know what happened they should ask the coroner. Suicide bombers all leave one thing behind when they blow themselves up, and that is their head. Here are some examples of what I mean.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURES
www.thenausea.com...
www.thenausea.com...
www.thenausea.com...

As you can see, this would be undeniable proof it was a suicide attack.

new topics

join