It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Katrina A Cover Up? Ummm Ya....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Katrina Victims Testify Before Congress
www.dailykos.com...

And Just As a Reminder...

www.vaemergency.com...
(if link doesn't work-paste it in your web broswer)
- Practice Drill Called "Katrina" takes place in Virginia May 25

www.fxnetworks.com... - Movie Called "Oil Storm" airs On the F/X Network June 5th 2005

www.nbc.com... - July 12th 2005 NBC Soap Passions Airs story called "Tsunami hits Harmony"

www.redcross.org... - July 26th 2005 - NBC Soap Passions in joint association with the Red Cross promotes "Preparedness" Campaign (ONE MONTH BEFORE KATRINA MAKES LANDFALL)

www.total411.info... - Locals Say It Was "Blown Up"
(right click - save as ) or just click

www.total411.info... - Eyewitness says he's convinced Levee was blown up

www.driftingaway.net... - Farrakhan says Levee Was Blown Up

www.driftingaway.net... - Locals Believe Levees Intentionally Blown

cytations.blogspot.com... - "Bomb Residue found on Levees

www.driftingaway.net... - Man Made Huricanne

www.driftingaway.net... - The Strategy For World Government

www.driftingaway.net... - Halliburton Gets Rebuilding Contract

I would encourage those of you who are skeptical of such claims to read through all the links when you have time. It is quite revealing. I realize that it is alot to digest, so I thank you for your patience.

In order to understand how one can come to such conclusions regarding the Katrina Disaster, we must first look to the past to see if there is indeed evidence to suggest that much of what is happening now has been planned well in advance.

Much of what we have termed "natural disasters" and "unexpected" "Terrorists Strikes" have been foreshadowed in uncanny accuracy in various movies and television shows.

For example, The Oklahoma City Bombing of the Alfred P Murrah Building was foretold through a book called “The Final Jihad” written by author Martin Keating who also happened to be the brother of the then Oklahoma City Governor Frank Keating. In the book;

• A group of “Terrorists” decide to blow up a federal building.
• The main suspect in the book is named “Tom McVey”
• The terrorist in the book are stopped by Oklahoma state troopers for a broken tail light.
• In real life Timothy McVeigh is stopped by an Oklahoma state trooper because of a missing license plate

Within the book, a group of terrorists shoot down an airplane flight called TWA 800 with a missle and also crash Jetliners into the World Trade Center. This book was originally written in 1991. Martin Keating dedicated the book to his brother, Frank Keating who was Governor of Oklahoma at the time of the bombing and also to the Knights of Malta, a clandestine secret society type of group, whom many conspiracy theorists have linked to a group often referred to as the Illuminati.

The Final Jihad: When the "Best of the Worst" Finally Come for Us

www.alibris.com...

So what we have here is a text book example of mass media being used to “deliver” a message. A warning of events that are planned well in advance. Martin Keating’s book would certainly qualify as an example of the military industrial complex “hiding things in plane sight”.

So now lets fast forward to the September 11th attacks which as I am sure many people on this very web site are aware of was foretold by a television show called “The Lone Gunmen” produced by the creator of the X-Files. The pilot episode aired 6 months before the 911 attacks. The episode depicts a small faction within the US Government that attempts to crash a 757 Jetliner into the World Trade Center in order to create the pre-text for foreign occupation in a Middle Eastern Country and generate immediate profits for various Defense Contractors.

killtown.911review.org...

So once again, we see another text book example of clandestine groups hiding their plans in “Plain Sight”. The following article explains this in further detail……

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Menses]

MOD EDIT: Fixing a long link that the government put in there to disrupt the flow of the post.

[edit on 12/14/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm curious...Have you looked at how the opposition addresses these claims? Telling skeptics who have looked into some of the points you presented isn't going to change their minds this time, unless you were to address the opposition's (the people who believe Katrina was...a...you know, natural disaster) counter points.

Also, if you haven't looked into how the opposition addresses these claims, why would you expect that the opposition would look into how your side addresses their claims?

EDIT: By the way, I had a friend way back in the day named Katrina...You think she was involved, too? I'm sure she was alive in 2005...For that matter...What about mothers who named their daughters Katrina? I'll bet they had something to do with it too...lousy punks...

[edit on 12-14-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Have U read the links Menses has provided junglejake ?
Just curious because by the time the original post was posted and the time you responded are quite close.
This info may have been covered before and debunked but I am unaware of it so if so I apologize.

I for one am interested and will read your post and the links when I get home Menses, from what I have read from skimming over, you have my interest no doubt

[edit on 14-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I haven't yet, no. I started to read the first Kos link, but that was after my post and work got in the way, as did a certain nazi…Erm, I mean mod who wouldn’t leave me alone on AIM(
). Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't think so, and I'll explain why. I have been following this for a while, although the politicization of the disaster did turn me off of any kind of political discussion for about a month. I have read a lot about it, though, including people's claims of a levee bomb, etc. and I intend to read through several of these links because I don't fear the opposition.

Daily Kos I know well, and he does, occasionally, make some good points. Many of the other links come from sites I don’t know, though. I don’t really want to spend my time reading inane comments or points unless they hold up to scrutiny. Hence the reason I asked Menses if (s)he had addressed the other side. If (s)he had, then I would expect those links to be worth reading. If not, those links may be worth the time to read, but there’s an equal possibility they are drivel telling people what they want to or fear hearing without any regard to reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I haven't got the time to read thru all that stuff, can you summarise in here please? I'm interested, but too busy.......thanx in advance.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's a little re-assuring to see that some of our (ATS') "theories" are beginning to hit AP news.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

WASHINGTON - It's become a strongly held belief by some in the storm zone — the idea that the destruction of New Orleans’ heavily poor, heavily black Ninth Ward was neither an accident nor an act of nature.

Dyan French, also known as “Mama D,” is a New Orleans Citizen and Community Leader. She testified before the House Select Committee on Hurricane Katrina on Tuesday.

“I was on my front porch. I have witnesses that they bombed the walls of the levee, boom, boom!” Mama D said, holding her head. “Mister, I'll never forget it.”

Maybe all hope isn't lost in our war for the truth.

-hypo

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypomonk
It's a little re-assuring to see that some of our (ATS') "theories" are beginning to hit AP news.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

WASHINGTON - It's become a strongly held belief by some in the storm zone — the idea that the destruction of New Orleans’ heavily poor, heavily black Ninth Ward was neither an accident nor an act of nature.

Dyan French, also known as “Mama D,” is a New Orleans Citizen and Community Leader. She testified before the House Select Committee on Hurricane Katrina on Tuesday.

“I was on my front porch. I have witnesses that they bombed the walls of the levee, boom, boom!” Mama D said, holding her head. “Mister, I'll never forget it.”

Maybe all hope isn't lost in our war for the truth.

-hypo

"Hope is a Good Thing, Maybe the best of all things" - Andy Dufraine

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wouldn't there be evidence if they blew the levees? Wouldn't the remains be even slightly charred?
I've seen the breaches, there's nothing whatsoever to suggest that the levees were blown.
They were flawed, it's been admitted. We knew they wouldn't stand up to a storm like this anyway. And, to the best of my knowledge, there is a plan in place to fix this problem, and to rebuild the entire levee system.

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Levee Info: I was asked to post here:

Maybe this is nothing, I really don't know but I figured I'd post it.

I know this woman in her 70's who told me she went to get her hair done about 2 weeks after the storm. She said all the regulars were there at the hair drying station and a lady who she knows well according to her for many years, told her that her son blew up the levee with others to allow the rising water to go to the poor black lower areas of town so certain areas that were more affluent and white would be saved.

I know nothing more. I will say I have known this woman for about 24 years and she is one of those east Texas girls that just doesn't blow things out of proportion.

Now this may be just some ole' lady spouting off at the mouth but what if? Has anyone else heard about this?

Is there a place on the web that agrees with this line of thinking?

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Why would my friend tell me this if she didn't really hear the lady say it? She wouldn't. This is why I'm posting it.

I'm busy so I just wanted to post what I know before I go back to work. Should I take this seriously?

Edit: The above post was copied and pasted from another that was locked so I could bring it here to allow for a better discussion on the topic. Thanks

[edit on 15-12-2005 by TexasConspiracyNut]

Edit Two:

I read the above links and this one fits my post the best:

cytations.blogspot.com...

I believe she said he was a diver but for a company not part of the Government, a private company. If you guys want I'll dig deeper tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I believe she said he was a diver but for a company not part of the Government, a private company. If you guys want I'll dig deeper tomorrow.

Please Do !!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I will. It may take a while but I will. A day or two

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hi Gang,

I've been working on a master key job.

I got in contact with Lois. I'm going over to her house to see if I can get some help moving a safe. Her son can help and it wont cost so much. She has been playing the slots. She came out ahead 39 bucks, it was fun.

I haven't forgot and stand behind my statement after my short conversation with her.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
Hi Gang,

I've been working on a master key job.

I got in contact with Lois. I'm going over to her house to see if I can get some help moving a safe. Her son can help and it wont cost so much. She has been playing the slots. She came out ahead 39 bucks, it was fun.

I haven't forgot and stand behind my statement after my short conversation with her.

I appreciate your efforts! I would love to be ablet to speak with her....!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.arcticbeacon.com...

Eye Witnesses Living Near 17th St. Levee Say Loud Explosion Heard Just Prior To Raging Waters Flooded 9th Ward

New Orleans resident, Terry Adams, heard "bomb-like explosion" right before he was forced to his rooftop and it floated away downstream. City Bus driver, Ryan Washington, adds hundreds more people with the exact same experience are being ignored by the mainstream media.
9 Jan 2006

By Greg Szymanski

Eye witnesses are starting to come forward, some only a block away from the 17th St Canal levee break, saying they heard a loud, powerful explosion right before water starting gushing in, as they ended up in a matter of minutes floating downstream on their rooftops.

Terry Adams, who lives one block away from the 17th St. break, remembers hearing what sounded "like a bomb going off" from where the levee gave-way before rushing water forced him to his rooftop.

"Everything was calm, it was late at night and the storm had passed. I thought we had dodged a bullet and there was no water in my house and I was only a block away from the 17th St. break," said Adams, a lower 9th Ward resident, in an extended conversation this week from New Orleans.

it's a fairly well-known fact that "they" blew the levees in 1927; and by that, killed lots of people... so i don't really see why so many people won't consider the possibility that it was blown up this time. maybe most of these people just don't know about the incident in 1927? maybe most of these people just never do any frigging research.
anyway, i seriously hope that all of this levee stuff hits the mainstream.

Edit: Huge copy and paste.

Please review: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-1-2006 by intrepid]

top topics

join