It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

robot warriors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i saw something on the history channel the other day. it said the gov. had been devolping a robot that had machine guns for arms and ran on treads. is this true or complete crap. and how usefull would they accutally be in a fight.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.ref.army.mil...

I've only heard of them being armed with shotguns.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Check out the TALON bot.

Anyways a full sized, large machine built and designed solely for the purpose of war, would be a bit too expensive, but I for one support it, I believe that a machine would go places soldiers couldn't, and would increase soldier survivability in combat, it is impossible to prevent deaths in war, all you can do is keep it down to a minimum and be damn good at it.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well in urban combat I think an armed robot would be very efficient. I don't think too many soldiers would stick their heads out from around a corner or from behind a wall to see where the enemy is when they have AK an RPG fire from 20 different directions being fired at them. However, a robot doesn't care and has no fear, it can stay out and let the soldier know where the enemy is located. If its armed it can retune fire at the control of a soldier who is in a position away form the firing zone.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
this is what im talking about! especaly the lower one, 4 grenade launchers?

but seriously, i think this subject was discussed quite on some other threads, should look for those.

theyr pretty old i guess, havent been on here for the last.... six months?

top topics

join