It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pub Ammo - Unnescesary Facts You 'Didnt' Need To Know!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A female pig's orgasm lasts up to 15 minutes

EDIT: OH IT WOULD BE THE FIRST OF A NEW PAGE!!!:bnghd:

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It takes 4,000 grains of sugar to fill a teaspoon.
Also
Shakespear's daughter was illiterate.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I love this thread!!

All mammals have tongues.

Whale excrement is largely liquid. The largest whales, blue whales excrete about 2% of their body weight each day. 3 tons.

Surfs up!!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Ever wonder why the sea is so salty?

The blue whale releases around 10 GALLONS of semen each time it ejaculates.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Technically (and legally), WWII didn't completely end until 1958, when Andorra, which was forgotten on the Treaty of Versailles, officially made peace with Germany.

Or..WWII ended officially with the reunification of Germany in 1990

Persia was renamed to Iran, meaning "Land of Aryans" as a pro-Nazi gesture.

Leap back in time a little further...

www.answers.com
Originally a group of nomadic tribes, the Aryans were part of a great migratory movement that spread in successive waves from S Russia and Turkistan during the 2d millennium B.C.

Throughout Mesopotamia and Asia Minor, literate urban centers fell to their warrior bands. Archaeological evidence corroborates the text of the Veda by placing the invasion of India by the Aryans at c.1500 B.C

The Aryans were in Iran long before any Nazis came into existence.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have one:

It is impossible to keep your eyes open while sneezing.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Glen Campbell did NOT play guitar on the "Byrds" hit, "Eight Miles High"

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I love this thread!!

Of course you do...I made it!!!

All Hail Me!!!

LMAO

Mic

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
All hail M.

The largest hail stone ever recorded weighed in at 15.8 kilos and was in the shape of a hickory nut. It fell exactly on the border of Texas and Oklahoma in 1950.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
1. The rising number of men arrested for sexual relations with girls under 16 has resulted in the the Sri Lankan Cabinet to lower the age of consent to 13;

2. A Russian supply ship, the Akademik Fyodorov sailed to the North Pole unaided by an icebreaker in August 2005. This is the first time in recorded history that an ordinary ship has made it to the North Pole;

3. California's San Joaquin Valley is the third smoggiest place in America, thanks to cows. The cows' flatulence and burping produce 50,000,000 pounds of organic compounds each year. This is far more than the area's cars produce;

4. In Gevas, Turkey, over 1,500 sheep jumped off a cliff. Only 450 died, however, as the last thousand or so fell on a soft billowy white pile of other sheep;

5. A Nigerian woman was caught entering the UK with 104 kg of snails in her baggage;

6. Malawi's president Bingu wa Mutharika has moved out of his 300-bedroom mansion, claiming it is haunted by ghosts

7. Malawi's president Bingu wa Mutharika ordered the arrest of reporters who revealed that he was afraid of ghosts;

8. U.S. President George Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld each had a slime-mould beetle named in their honor in early 2005;

9. A person will create enough saliva to fill two average size swimming pools during his lifetime;

And Finally...................

10. The World Health Organization says that the nuclear accident at Chernobyl in 1986 was not the catastrophe it was expected to be. At the time 600,000 people were exposed to radiation. Experts predicted that 4,000 would eventually die from the effects. As of 2005, less than 50 people have died from these causes, and most of those were plant workers who died in the first few months after the accident. The expected surge in birth defects also did not happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Actual incantation to help you score with the sex of your choice.

har har hou hou
dance ici dance la!
joue ici joue la!
har har hou hou!
dance here dance there!
play here play there!

the management will not be held responsible for

Indiscriminate use of this incantation!!!

[edit on 6-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here is another shocker for you all.................................................................

My mate, let's call him Deff Ned, can conceal a hard boilled egg inside his foreskin!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here is a couple for you....

*In 1970, Russel T. Tansie, an Arizona lawyer filed a $100,000 damage lawsuit against God. The suit was filed on behalf of Mr. Tansie's secretary, Betty Penrose, who accused God of negligence in His power over the weather when He allowed a lightning bolt to strike her home. Ms. Penrose won the case when the defendant failed to appear in court. Whether or not she collected has not been recorded.

*A lawyer defending a man accused of burglary tried this creative defense: "My client merely inserted his arm into the window and removed a few trifling articles. His arm is not himself, and I fail to see how you can punish the whole individual for an offense committed by his limb." "Well put," the judge replied. "Using your logic, I sentence the defendant's arm to one year's imprisonment. He can accompany it or not, as he chooses." The defendant smiled. With his lawyer's assistance he detached his artificial limb, laid it on the bench, and walked out.

*Spiral staircases in medieval castles are running clockwise. This is because all knights used to be right-handed. When the intruding army would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties of climbing the stairs. Left-handed knights would have had no troubles, except left-handed people could never become knights because it was assumed that they were descendants of the devil.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Dusty, We meet again

The average person falls in love 7 times before marriage.

By my last count I'm on no. 578 . No wait, 579.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the phobia of long words..

Mean....

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Load up on a few....

1920- Babe ruth hit more homeruns than any American League team

Sports Illustrated magazine allows subscribers to opt out of receiving the famous swimsuit issue each year. Fewer than 1% choose this option.

The biggest dog on record was an Old English Mastiff that weighed 343 pounds. He was 8 feet, 3 inches from nose to tail.

The time spent deleting SPAM costs United States businesses $21.6 billion annually

More people study English in China than speak it in the United States of America (300 million).

I like this one....

The day after President George W. Bush was reelected, Canada's main immigration website had 115,000 visitors. Before Bush's re-election, this site averaged about 20,000 visitors each day.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Dusty, We meet again

The average person falls in love 7 times before marriage.

By my last count I'm on no. 578 . No wait, 579.

Good to see you again too whaaa! I guess I am not normal compared to your statistic since I married the first person I dated.

Anyways here are a couple more.....

*The duration record for a face-slapping contest was set in Kiev, USSR, in 1931 when a draw was declared between Bezbordny and Goniusch after 30 hours.

*The mother of all mothers? The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69. From 1725-1765 a Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets...OUCH!!

*Malcolm Lowry had pnigophobia—the fear of choking on fish bones.

*Augustus Caesar had achluophobia—the fear of sitting in the dark.

*Androphobia is a fear of men.

*Caligynephobia is a fear of beautiful women.

*Pentheraphobia is a fear of a mother-in-law.( I definetly have this one..:lol

*Scopophobia is a fear of being looked at.

*Phobophobia is a fear of fearing.

*Mageiricophobia is the intense fear of having to cook.

*Papaphobia is the fear of Popes.

*Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive.

*Clinophobia is the fear of beds.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
In 1981, Turkish scientists concluded that disco music turned mice homosexual

That simply stuck out as difficult to believe.

have you not seen the villagage people? :-P

sorry had to.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Or..WWII ended officially with the reunification of Germany in 1990

Sounds like a stretch to me. The last of the implements of surrender/peace were concluded in 1958. If you go by the breakup of Germany as the continuation of WWII, then WWI is still on because the Ottoman Empire is still split up.

Persia was renamed to Iran, meaning "Land of Aryans" as a pro-Nazi gesture.

Leap back in time a little further...

The Aryans were in Iran long before any Nazis came into existence.
[edit on 5-1-2006 by UK Wizard]

I'm aware of the historical Aryans, but you miss my point. Aryans came into vogue in Europe when it was realized that Sanskrit was from the same linguistic family as European languages- the discovery of Indo-European language relations was a real problem, but the Aryans were a convenient answer.

The Aryans were ficticiously portrayed as a lost master race of white people who conquered India long before modern empires, thus explaining the linguistic similarities and simultaneously reaffirming the misguided belief in the superiority of whites.

Iran had a perfectly legitimate claim to the name Iran since both the original language and religion of the area (Zoroastrianism and Avestan) were Aryan influenced, and Eratosthenes did make mention of the term Iran. However it wasn't until 1935 that Reza Shah Pahlavi asked other nations to formally refer to Persia as Iran, although I concede that the term was hardly unused within Iran prior to that. Later, Britain and the USSR had to invade Iran and force Reza to abdicate because he wouldn't let them station troops there and it was believed that he was about to ally with the Nazis.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The world's largest Air Forces are [according to the Guinness Book of World records]

No 1 - The United States Air Force;
No 2 - The United States Navy Air Force;
No 3 - The United States Army Air Force;
No 4 - The United States Marine Air Force.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join