It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im getting my pilots license..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Okay, I would just like to PROUDLY announce that I am getting my private pilots license (single engine land) withing the next 7 months. I just wanted to ask a few of you the "dos and donts" in a checkride. I really want to pass this and am really excited about it as my passion for flying has escaladed.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Do not" fly into a building during the checkride.

"Do not" jettison your fuel during the checkride.

"Do not" wear a helmet that says "Maverick" during the checkride.

If you can help it "do not" dress like a terrorist the day of the checkride.

"Do" keep your landing gear down throughout the checkride. If you put that baby up then it doesn't come back down when you need it..............you're toast!

"Do" wear a parachute just in case.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dang, I was just getting my turban back from the dry cleaners.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And never, ever leave your wingman.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, good luck!
Maybe someday I can hitch a ride with you, that'd be cool, eh?

So, yeah, apparently you should watch "Top Gun" a whole lot, that's the vibe I'm getting from the thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
DO: Listen to your instructor.
DO NOT: Add anything to the flight.
DO NOT: Do a high speed flyby of the tower at 500 knots.
DO NOT: Do an inverted pass over the top of another plane at 3 meters to take a picture of the pilot.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Dude!!!!...thats freaking awesome...i fly microlights and am hopefully going to embark upon my commercial liciense next year...well.....no matter how long it takes and how much money...at some point i will do it.

Flying is just the most amazing form of travel ever,ever,ever......as i posted some where on the boards, i get to fly as a passenger in a pals ACRO SPORT bi plane quite a bit.....it absolutley blows my mind....i get so excited when were on the runway i could piss myself!!

my dream is to get my seaplane conversion and build up some hours over the next couple of years so i can start a little business out in africa or the south pacific ferrying tourists and getting flight kicks daily.

Good luck mate and keep us updated!!

BRING IT ON!!!

top topics

join