It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favourite peice of Propaganda?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here's mine

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic and nwscc

I had to take a min to get the coffee off the monitor from those two!

I would have to say that mine is ( Trust Me )

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I always liked this one... OK, it's not real propaganda, but it's damn good satire!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
Duck and Cover.

No really, that desk will protect you from the nasty megatons, it will. . .

lol that one had me rolling... "look at how Mr. Turtle protects himself.... simply duck and cover"

heres some good ones...

images.google.com...://mcel.pacificu.edu/as/students/propaganda/rat.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mcel.pacificu.edu/as/students/propagan da/poster1.html&h=557&w=411&sz=131&tbnid=NBoaulyZ6WUJ:&tbnh=131&tbnw=96&hl=en&start=13&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpropaganda%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26 sa%3DN

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here's one I love- CNN complaining the 9/11 commision was too partisan. Another great one- Fox news claiming 400 Taliban officals being airlifted by the army to Pakistan was a plane accident and not an airlift. Here's an absolute classic as well:

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Nakash]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nygdan,

Thanks for the bit of Roman history and sculpture. Beautifully done, wasn't it?

Regarding propaganda, it has been honed to such an art/science, and so much is being churned out every day by all sides of every issue that picking a favorite has become somewhat like picking your favorite Super Bowl commercial.

But if I had to pick a recent example, I'd have to go with the broadcast interview with "Baghdad Bob" which showed American tanks behind him in Baghdad, while "Bob" was claiming that the U.S forces had been exterminated.

djohnston77's entry also made me laugh. The french are actually borrowing a design for their monument from the Romans who conquered them 2,000 years ago (hint to the iranians for future "victory monuments").

[edit on 12/27/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Napoleon's arc of Triumph. Great piece of Imperial France propaganda.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Lusitania
Gulf of Tonkin
Saddam has WMD's
Texas was stolen from Mexico
The War on Drugs
Terrorist
Al-Qaida
Rumsfield telling people that because Saddam supposedly gave money to suicide bombers in Israel it means the US is in immenent danger from Iraq (what a douche)
Fox News (news? I see/hear no news)
Family Values (can we put an end to this crap please?)
Illegal Downloads (for cripes sake it is called file sharing)

Well, I could keep going on...

You are either with us or against us
Enemy Combatant
It was a tremendous blunder for the British to lose to the Zulu (but never a great victory for the Zulu over the British?)
Judeo-Christian values and to extend on anything applying Judeo-Christian values to the foundation of the US (blow it out your ---)
It is in the bible
Civil rights/liberties
Freedom of speech (last two because the meanings are misused)
Even if Saddam didn't have WMD's it was ok to invade

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ok, here's my real pick for the best propaganda ever. It makes you think France can actually win wars:

Guess you never heard of Napoleon Bonaparte. I think my favorite propaganda is the smear job on the French for not supporting our little war and then the truth coming out that they were right about the intel being false.
We owe a lot to the French they helped us fight the English way way back in the late 1700's about the same time some old guys wrote the bill of rights that are now being used for toliet paper.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ok, here's my real pick for the best propaganda ever. It makes you think France can actually win wars:

Guess you never heard of Napoleon Bonaparte. I think my favorite propaganda is the smear job on the French for not supporting our little war and then the truth coming out that they were right about the intel being false.
We owe a lot to the French they helped us fight the English way way back in the late 1700's about the same time some old guys wrote the bill of rights that are now being used for toliet paper.

Hey. Bonaparte won some battles - but he lost the war! Just ask Wellington or Blucher (excuse my lack of umlauts). Or even ABBA....

I always find it slightly ironic that the country that helped the US come into existence was run by an absolute monarchy at the time. Wonder what Louis would have done to the authors of the Bill of Rights?

Have a good 2006 all

TD

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I guess I'd say that the oneliner that Nixon used during the WaterGate scandel "I am not a crook" Alltogether there are many more I have heard but I woke up in a Republican mood this morning.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Onward Christian soldiers, the glorious crusader knights, valiant and devout, bringing the love of the church to the world. I like that tall tale the best. It is so good. To take a series of murderous trips that were mostly looting, pillaging, raping, genocide, burning, and even cannibalism, and which targeted fellow Christians many of the times... and with a bit of editting, song writing, promotional work, turn that into a glorious and righteous deed that helped the Lord save lost souls........ I applaud.
Oh ya, and the 'get over it' campaign that is dealing with all the kids of the victims of slavery, bigotry, discrimination, and prejudice and the survivors of the genocidal bloody conquest and forceful taking control of America, is good too. So many more are worthy, I will be back.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The University and Science communities like to spread the notion that somehow education, diplomas, and years of schooling makes one smart. It would be so great if that were so, but from my life, sadly, it is not. I have met academics with doctorates who teach at Universities, who I cannot seem to figure out what they tell me is very deep stuff. Sure, the words are big, and the concepts are theoretically sound, but they have no correlation or value to reality.
Other people I have met, without even highschool, have, to me, made more sense. They say what they mean, in words I can quickly understand, and they know really valuable stuff about life.
So the spin job that sells the idea that school makes you smarter is one I salute. Good job.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The one that we aren't wrecking everything, and we're doing a good job of fixing things, and scientists are reassuring us that we haven't effed the earth up beyond repair. In fact, we are taking good care of it.
That is the best one.
So many people are sold on it.

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Some of my favorites come from N Korea

My all time favorite is some of the Cartoons and Comics from WWII. Like the The Popeye-Olive oil cartoon of 1942, "You're a Sap, Mister Jap"
Or some of the GoldAGE comics with Superman fighting Hitler. I cant find examples of these off hand though they are pretty hard to locate.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Flyer distributed by KMT (Taiwan's Guomingdang, the world's richest political party) against the DPP:

Translation:
"I am the terrible Bin Laden.
I support Chen Shui-bian* in Taiwan the most."

*Chen Shui-bian is the leader of the DPP. (Taiwan’s president)

From the same flyer:

Translation:
"I am Saddam Hussein.
You all must obey my orders."

And of course, McDonald's, the healthy choice:

No translation needed.

EDIT: Added translations.

PS: Nygdan excellent post, thanks.

[edit on 30/12/05 by ConspiracyNut23]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join