It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cunningham Contact Connected to DeLay Contribution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Texas DA Ronnie Earle is seeking bank records and other financial documents in this latest subpoena to come out of his investigation of Tom Delay and Texans for a Republican Majority. One of the subpoenas involves Brent Wilkes, one of the four individuals to go un-named as co-conspirators in former Rep. Cunningham's recent plea agreement. Wilkes' company, Perfect Wave, made a $15,000 donation to TRM in 2002.

www.washingtonpost.com
Prosecutor Issues Subpoenas in DeLay Case

By SUZANNE GAMBOA
The Associated Press
Tuesday, December 13, 2005; 6:52 PM

WASHINGTON -- A Texas prosecutor has issued subpoenas for bank records and other information of a defense contractor involved in the bribery case of a California congressman as part of the investigation of former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay.

District Attorney Ronnie Earle issued subpoenas late Monday afternoon for California businessmen Brent Wilkes and Max Gelwix, records of Perfect Wave Technologies LLC, Wilkes Corp. and ADCS Inc. in connection with a contribution to a fundraising committee at the center of the investigation that led to DeLay's indictment on money laundering charges.

Wilkes, head of Wilkes Corp., is one of four unnamed coconspirators listed in Cunningham's plea agreement, Wilkes' attorney, Michael Lipman of San Diego, has said. Lipman did not immediately return calls for comment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Ah, the plot thickens. Connections are being made, the money trail followed. A whole pattern of corruption is starting to emerge and be verified. It encompasses favors for business from the hill (the flow of government contracts and money), basically kickbacks, usually in the form of large campaign donations, which are in turn used to influence elections and restructure voting districts.

The appalling thing to me is the involvement of defense contracting in a time of war. This is in addition to the blatant war profiteering of Halliburton and its subsidiaries pointed out by Bunny Greenhouse.

War is a money-making venture for them. They profit off of destruction. They line their pockets with gold while the grieving families of the war dead line their memories with tears.

It makes me sick.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I just ran across this little article about Brent Wilkes....
if anyone is bored out of their minds and loves a challenge.....
I haven't had time to verify anything that is stated here, but if it's true......

www.nomorefakenews.com...

well......

-------------------------------------------

"The truth: Wilkes was a mechanism by which public funds earmarked for national defense were funneled to G.O.P. candidates and causes."

cannonfire.blogspot.com...

--------------------------------------------

[edit on 16-2-2006 by dawnstar]

hey, it's hitting close to home!!!

www.timesdispatch.com...!news!politics&s=1045855 935264

I also ran across the news article that announced the birth of mzm, it looked so familair to me. there were many, many announcements made up in NY while I was living up there, with about the same results....jobs promised, never delivered, ect. ect.....ect...

sweetheart deals made to the contractors paid for by the taxpayer...god only knows where the money went to.

the idea that all this money was somehow funneled to compaign coffers really needs to be looked into though. I don't like being "forced" to support politicians that don't work for my interest.....and well, by what I am reading, I could interpret this as being that..... millions upon millions of dollars funneled to bogus companies through contracts that never recieved much of anything for what was paid....and well, then that money in turn, given to polis to support their political campaigns....of course after a nice chunk was skimmed off the top for the ones running the bogus companies....

[edit on 16-2-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the investigation is now centering in on the number three man of the CIA, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo.

abcnews.go.com...

new topics

join