It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Information Act - can i get this document

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
hey everyone,

A document exists, leaked somehow from the US State Department to an independent British reporter named Greg Palast. The document is titled 'Moving the Iraqi Economy from Recovery to Growth'.

And this document is more of a bombshell than its name suggests. Its the actual plan of how Iraq was going to be privatised and carved up for private US corporate interests. And the plan was followed exactly in Iraq, not to mention the fact that the document was written long before the invasion.

So i mailed the reporter and asked him if i can somehow get a copy of it and was told:

I checked into your request and unfortunately, for various legal reasons and per the guidelines of our editors and producers, we are not able to release the full document at the moment.

I am also unable to provide you with a source other than the information provided in the article and the Newsnight report - for the same reasons addressed above.

So a reporter can get hold of it, and so can Newsnight... but no-one else can?? Is it possible to somehow use the freedom of information act to get this document? Do you have a freedom of information act in america? If you want to know more about this document, read the thread titled 'operation corporate freedom' in the War on Terror forum.

Its the smoking gun as to the real intentions of the US in Iraq.

Moderators, if this thread is in the wrong area please move it, thx.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by metallicabrainz]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well you can certainly write to the State Department and ask them to send you a copy. You can also search their website for any info on it.

www.state.gov...

also not sure if this is related or not, but it was an interesting read
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

www.globalpolicy.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't *think* you can request leaked confidential documents. I'm not sure how that works.

Apply and see if you can get it, won't hurt.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
well it is classified.

And its actually a USAID/US Treasury document.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by metallicabrainz]

top topics

join