It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you still on the same Earth you were born on?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. Could shifting realities explain occurences of deja vu? Or that nagging sensation that something is not quite right but you can't put your finger on what it is? Sometimes I wonder if maybe in the future....maybe not too far in the future....that people might be coming back into the past and be changing things. What about folks who experience past lives? Shifting realities (Earths)? Maybe our past is constantly being altered by future powers to be. OK now my head hurts.....man it feels like I have typed this before!

---Warpfactor9

[edit on 20-12-2005 by warpfactor9]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
My feeling is that time isn't linear like that. I don't really buy into the shifting realities and alternate universes created by every decision or any time traveler would create a parrallel universe by the act of traveling in time. My opinion is everything happens at once. All that was/is/will be happens simultaneously and a time traveler would be part of that fabric from the beginning and so the idea of "changing" the past is flawed because it's happening all at once.

Ok, now my head hurts too.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, this is quite an idea.
I remember that the summers did seem warmer etc, but I KNOW that I didn't understand how society truly worked.
There were still murderers about when I was a child, there was still wars and there was still doubts of where we were and where we're going.
I believe that as we 'plod' through our lives, we may become more cynical as our points of views become more stable.

I haven't changed 'Earths' it's just I also see my hopes and dreams slipping away sometimes.
Nice thread!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
fnord Kind of interesting how reality constantly shifts... Each decision you make changes your reality in some fashion either infinitely or infitessimally (wowsers! I can't spell today) fnord ... Those are the dimension shifts for you. NO Draconians. No aliens from the planet Munimula, although they are fun to think about.
FNORD

Your reality is exactly what you make it, or what you shift to. As Robert Anton Wilson says, "Reality is what you can get away with".... fnord

Really kind of deep when you think of all the implications! And for those of you in the know, there are no "fnords" in this post! I repeat; this is a "fnord free post.

fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this thread all day!
I'm wondering whether I may have been moved to another Earth while I slept or something.
I remember that my parents were not like they are now and I think my sister is
a little different, I've been thinking for a while now that they may not be real.
I wonder that if this a different planet, the powers-that-be may be reading this
right now and feel they need to stop the panic by send the bad ones back!
Great Thread

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
with all due respect

I don't think you've been around long enuf too see the changes.

-------------------------------
that being said

interesting concept but,

this IS the same planet , just run more into the ground than ever by a bunch of lunatics that we can't identify...

---------------------------------

and whose idea was it to put the cointelpro tag up there ? I'm not amused...[ sorry ]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join