It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Titor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I know nothing about time travel, but what if, because he came back in time to tell us all this, that the military found the guy who he was in this current time line and they killed him and have tried stopping what he said is going to happen which means that they're stopping what needs to happen in order for our universe to keep going normaly, which could make the end of the world 2012 because maybe the universe will rip open?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Or maybe he was just some crazy person, who devoted his entire life to the study of time travel, and lived out his fantasy on the internet. Our current timeline will never end up like he said it would. Because we are headed down a different road. Because he posted stuff on the internet, and generated a media frenzy. The government took notice and changed a few things.
Its like my timeline theory, if you go back in time, and change something you start a whole new timeline from there on, but at the same time, the timeline you left is still the same, and will continue to go on. There is no way to get back to your original timeline, because you are now on a different timeline. You can jump to the future but it will not be the same. It will be the future of the timeline you are on.
Thats if Time travel worked like that.
I don't know, you don't know no one knows yet. So all we can do is take his information with a grain of salt, but it will always be in our minds, so as if it happens as he says we will be ready.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The military would be more interested in Titors time machine and future technologies, they would not care to kill him. If Titor was caught he would be kept at a secret CIA prison somewhere in Europe and tortured next to the world's largest particle laboratory "CERN" .......

Harvestfreak is correct, our world-line is not the same as Titors.

Titor

Yes, this is true. If I go forward on this world line, the future will not be my future

If I go forward on this world line, the future will not be my future. I get home by going
back to 1975 before I arrived and then going forward to 2036.")

As you can see Titor does mention that our world is not his. Not only that, we are moving to 98% divergence from Titors story. Each world-line that Titor enters is around 2% divergence. Titor actually came from 1975 to our world and then he back tracked to his 2036. That would put a divergence of time well over 100%.

The universe will rip open?
.......................... Are you saying the universe will rip open like a balloon?

I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but if does the universe will appear again someplace else. The universe is immortal. As we move through time, parts of the universe are still being created. We may very well be living in a reproduced universe.

join