It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired spells.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I searched around and couldn't find anything relating to this:

For such a long time now, i've felt brittle and tired. Even after prolonged periods of sleep/rest and/or a healthy diet, I don't seem to feel much better. The only times it really goes away is when I get my adrenalin pumping; but afterwards I tend to feel really sick in the gut.
Probably the best way to put this is a feeling of being "fragile". Often, my bones (specifically my knees, femurs, forearms and lower back) tickle and ache incessantly and I get the shakes without being cold (my fingers and legs quiver a little).
This has been happening to me for a long time now. Lately i've recieved news from that doctor that I am not anemic, as we all thought. My parents think i'm just lazy and unwilling; I am starting to think that it may be nothing more than just mental.
I've tried increasing my iron intake and becoming more active; but *shrugs* I feel pretty much the same.
Anybody out there have any info I could look at or any bright ideas to fork over? Folks i've asked about this before just say it's lazyness (they take it as a joke).
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Why does one feel the need to wander away from their home? Perhaps a feeling of "slowing down" is just an indication that something has been moving too fast.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Try looking for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Immune Disfunction Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Short forms are CFS, CFIDS, FMS.
Do a google search and I guarantee you'll find more than you ever wanted to know about being tired. If the symptoms seem to match your own you can bring it up with your doctor, just be warned than many doctors still do not believe in these illnesses and think you are just lazy as you have said.

I have had CFIDS since 1991, its a pain in the____ insert word here.
There currently are no tests for finding if you have CFS, it is a diagnosis of exclusion. There are also many other illnesses that could cause fatigue as a symptom. eg. Lyme Disease. Go to your doctor and get a full panel of blood work done to rule out other illnesses.

CFS is classified by WHO as a neurological disease, so if you have it, it is in your head, but not just in your head. There are a great deal of doctors in the world who treat this illness, try to stay away from the ones who offer Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, because they believe it to be a mental illness.

Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Try laying off the caffiene. Most of the time, people get tired from drinking caffine. And the more you sleep the more you will feel tired. Try looking at what you eat and see if you have allergies to anything you eat. And more often stop using the computer for like a day and see if you feel more refreshed. Because CRT monitors usually make you feel tired.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I agree with the Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. I have both and no matter what I do it doesn't go away. That does not mean that it doesn't get better. Some days are better than others, some times are better than others. Take a walk everyday if you can, even if it is a short one.
I can tell you this about these disorders, everything will hurt if you have it. From your hair to your nails, your bones will feel broken.
Go see a doctor and ask the doctor to do the 11 point test. It is the only test they have for CFS and FA.
Rest get lots of rest.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Thanks Sparkie the Wondersnail and Zaimless, I shall look up these syndromes and see how close they match what I have been experiencing.

I hardly drink caffeine, indeed, most of my classmates and friends advised that I get accustomed to coffee since I sleep much much more in comparison to them. I've resisted drinking coffee and similar drinks for two reasons: 1) they taste horrid and 2) I would like to be able to go without those drinks (if I can help it).

You're info is much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This sounds like some type of medical problem, it's certainly not just being lazy. Try taking a walk through the park, breath in some fresh air, go jogging later on that day, and eat alot of carbohydrates. Stay away from TV and computers for a day or so, and make sure to get a full 8 hours of sleep. See how you feel after that.

top topics

join