It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns Guns Guns!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hello everybody! I was wondering could anyone here help me out on finding some information about guns. Any kind of guns from rifles to pistols. What I am looking mainly for are websites (yes yes i could do a google search but it will take me forever to find some really good sites :cryb

Sites such as

How to operate a gun.
Laws for guns in America (licences and such)
Lists and profiles of guns (sorta like a gun encyclopedia)

Thank you very much for your help!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
For the profiles I would check out this place:

world.guns.ru...

Then there is

www.gunlaws.com...

[edit on 12/14/05 by jetsetter]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If you want ammo, go to CheaperThenDirt.com.

If you want a pistol get a sig 9mm.

AKs suck.

Any more info and I will charge you...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
AK is a fine gun, but you will never legally get one in the USA without selling your soul to the federal government.

worldguns.com is an excellent source.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
AK is a fine gun, but you will never legally get one in the USA without selling your soul to the federal government.

worldguns.com is an excellent source.

I have owned an AK - it's no problem in PA. (granted it wasn't full auto)

IMHO, they suck!

Seriously, I have owned a LOT of military assult rifles, and the AK was BY FAR the least accurate of them all. Yes, it may fire when covered in mud, but damnit, it makes me look bad on the range!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
For most shooters an SKS is a better choice, far cheaper and considerably more accurate apparently. I woudn't know myself, never had an AK. And you still get to use the cheap as dirt 7.62*39 round. If I was in the market for anything new myself (I'm not, too much to store already) I think I'd want an FN FAL. I have an FN-49 (Egyptian 8mm mauser version) and that thing's a beauty.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is a gun buying website, don't know if it's what you want, but here goes :

www.gunbrokers.com...

Hope that helps you some.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
IMHO, they suck!

Seriously, I have owned a LOT of military assult rifles, and the AK was BY FAR the least accurate of them all. Yes, it may fire when covered in mud, but damnit, it makes me look bad on the range!

Yeah, but look at what it was intended to do. Around town, it is just fine. The average soldier will not be shooting past 250 meters and at this range you can put that group right in the body, which is where it needs to be.

The accuracy is just fine for what it was intended for.

What I would take issue with is the round. Talk about weak! Any military the AK was intended to go up against has body armor that will defeat it, a large part of the reason the American body count in Iraq is so low. I tell you right now, I would never face a modern well equipped soldier with 7.62x39. I have personally seen American body armor stop it at point blank range. The guy got the wind knocked out of him, but didn’t even bruise.

If you want something that looks good at the range, your opinion doesn’t count anyway :shk:

PS - 5.56 sucks just as bad, I know from very person, repeated experience

[edit on 14-12-2005 by cavscout]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The AK gets ALOT of flak...

But its a 60 YEAR old gun...

I got to give the Russians credit... Thats the ONE thing they have EVER made that is great... There are better guns out there now.... BUt only recently HAS the AK-47 been replaced...

The AK-47 is the worlds most Manufactured gun...
ITs on a Nations Flag
The Gun has killed more Americans across the world since WWII then ANY OTHER GUN...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Hey balon0, you interested in purchasing a gun?

wikipedia list of firearms

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thats the ONE thing they have EVER made that is great...

Err, well there is the SKS, the T-34 tank, the JS-2/3 tank, the LA-5/7 series fighters, the Mig-15, Su-27, Vostok, Soyuz, Mir, Sverdelov class cruisers (one of the best looking gun cruisers ever), the Kilo class sub, etc... I could keep going for a while, but I think I've made my point.

The Russians have a pretty solid track record of good, practical engineering, nationalistic wanking aside...

BTW if you want a gun for home defense, a rifle is just about the worst possible weapon, unless you don't have any neighbors, or don't care about accidentally shooting innocent bystanders through walls.

A pistol or better yet a 12ga. shotgun is useful for home defense, a combat rifle is not, unless you're defending against an army. On the other hand an SKS makes a great bargain ranch gun or sport shooter.

The SKS is a much better (and cheaper) rifle for most people anyway - since any AK variant you can get is going to be semi-auto - it's a lot more accurate and nearly as foolproof, though if you don't ever clean it, slamfire becomes a concern.

An M1 Garand or an FN-49 is a better semi-auto rifle than either, but they're a lot pricier & harder to get.

new topics

top topics

join