It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran Sent Forged Ballots to Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Iraqi border police seized a shipment of thousands of forged electoral ballots coming into the country across the Iranian border today, inflaming tensions between Washington and Tehran. The U.S. has long been suspicious of Iranian meddling in Iraqi affairs, especially in the heavily shi'ite southern district. The driver of the truck carrying the illegal ballots has indicated that at least three other trucks laden with forged ballots had already crossed the border undetected. Iraq is scheduled to hold elections for its first long-term representative government on Thursday.

www.nytimes.com< br /> BAGHDAD, Iraq, Dec. 13 - Less than two days before nationwide elections, the Iraqi border police seized a tanker on Tuesday that had just crossed from Iran filled with thousands of forged ballots, an official at the Interior Ministry said.

The tanker was seized in the evening by agents with the American-trained border protection force at the Iraqi town of Badra, after crossing at Munthirya on the Iraqi border, the official said. According to the Iraqi official, the border police found several thousand partly completed ballots inside.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly, said the Iranian truck driver told the police under interrogation that at least three other trucks filled with ballots had crossed from Iran at different spots along the border.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I hope that the system is set up such that such ballots can never get into the system, as ballot box stuffing by the Iranians certainly can't lead to anything good. It would be horrible to see our brave soldiers' blood to have been shed just to expand the theocratic Iranian regime.

[edit on 12/13/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 12/13/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't know what you can trust anymore. Besides, these ballots could have been planted to make Iran look bad, I just don't think one can take anyone's words for a fact, such is the state of the world... Some countries have way passed their credibility. Could be a setup. Seams almost to obvious to me. Trust no one.

I'm not putting the blame or removing guilt off of anyone, just a reminder to keep things in a perspective and an open mind.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Tell me its not so! Just the thought of someone importing a bunch of fake ballots is so uncivilized. I wondered who Bill Daily was consulting for these days. I certainly hoped they had a better machine to punch them. I get the suspician that hanging chads mean soemthing all together different in the mideast.

Anyway, its good the one truckload was stopped but where does that leave the election now that several more got through?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Iran would not do such. Iran has not sent foreign fighters into Iraq. Iran has not equipped insurgents. Iran is only seeking a peaceful nuclear weapons arsenal. Iran is not a radical nation. The Holocaust never happened. Israel is bad and Iran is good. Have no fear people, Saddam will be vindicated and returned to power. America evil. Iran good. Die infidels. 72 virgins anyone?

seekerof

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Seekerof]

Sep

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Why would Iran do this? The Iranian allies have the majority in the current Iraqi government and look set to win the next one, with the blessing of the Iranian Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani. Doesn't really make much sense. Also regarding the boarder guards seizing this, if I had to make a bet, I would say that the boarder guards near "Badra" (I assume they mean Basra) are either Sadr loyalists, who are neutral or just leaning towards Iran or a member of the Badr Brigade, completely loyal to and trained by the Iranians. Why would they try to make Iran look bad?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yeah it makes no sense for Iran to attempt this. The government will almost certainly have a Shi'ite majority anyway which will be pro-Iran, and the last thing Iran needs right now is the negative press of trying to stuff ballot boxes in Iraq. Also how would they have gotten official ballots to make all of these forgeries from in the first place? Something doesn't seem to add up with this... I can only hope this isnt the propaganda machine getting fired up again.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Fortune Favors The Bold

This is why Iraq needs to switch to Diebold electronic voting machines as soon as possible.

It's the only way to prevent rampant vote fraud.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The critically acclaimed New York Times and CNN are never wrong. America evil....

Update to this topic:

Iraq border chief denies forged ballots seized
Did NY Times Bias Lead to "Wishful Thinking" On Bogus Forged Ballots Story?

The New York Times, bastion of the liberal press in America, appears to have pulled a Mary Mapes, wishing a story to be true instead of verifying it to be true.

seekerof

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
Why would Iran do this?

www.twq.com...

Oh ... there are lots of reasons. The leaders of Iran are nutz,
the conquest of Mesopotamia, religious reasons, political
reasons ... PLENTY of reasons.

[edit on 12/14/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You have voted Seekerof for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have one more vote left for this month.

Excellent input, as always, SEEKEROF.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The critically acclaimed New York Times and CNN are never wrong. America evil....

seekerof

Yeah I just saw a report on this from FOX and they said there are conflicting reports and cautioned this might be a false story.

And they call FOX "faux" :shk:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Why would they?

If they make ballots with the name of who they desire to win on them and then place them in the box, the number of recorded voters will not match the amount of votes... I doubt anyone in the Iranian Government is that foolish.

We can see the news next week:

Shock turn out in Iraqi Election 112% turn out to vote.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

seekerof

Yeah I just saw a report on this from FOX and they said there are conflicting reports and cautioned this might be a false story.

You're only as good as your sources.

Eh George?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by djohnsto77

seekerof

You're only as good as your sources.

Eh George?

ALL left leaning media should have their FCC liscense revoked immediately. Only talk radio,John Gibson and Hanity should be allowed on MY airways.........

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Dont you think it would be wiser for the iranians to print the ballot papers inside Iraq? Iraq is a large area i just think it would be easier to print the papers inside Iraq under some front charity/company then to risk crossing the boarder with this?

Looks to me likes another of those Payed for by Uncle satan/sam spin stories the USA bribes to get aired.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
HiddenReality, the New York Times or Turner-CNN would not take a red cent from Bush, his administration, or the government. It is self-evident as to why.

At any rate, this article was an error/incorrect/mistake/wrong.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Funny How the Iraqi Boarder guards are even calling the USA liers for this.

Link

I guess Americas thirst for oil is growing, pity the USA doesnt realise opening a war with Iran would end there ME interests unless they use Nukes or mass air strikes, which would hurt the USAs already messed up image.

When will you Americans wake up and start to demand your elected leaders stop lying to you and the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

HiddenReality, the New York Times or Turner-CNN would not take a red cent from Bush, his administration, or the government. It is self-evident as to why.

At any rate, this article was an error/incorrect/mistake/wrong.

seekerof

The article was a mistake, or the USA was caught out once again trying to decieve the world? I also think CNN the and most other media stations have little control of what they air of the US gvt, the only time they air bad things about the US is when the US has been caught out and has no possible excuses or lies to cover there actions.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Do you really think the New York Times would print something that would benefit this adminstration? I love your doubt and suspicion in all this, but really.....not the New York Times or CNN, whom seriously hate Bush and his administration and would not print this article for their benefit.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It wouldn't suprise me that they would do this, it's more suprising to me that they think they'd have to, given how Iran-friendly the new Iraqi .gov already is.

And the New York Times hasn't been a "liberal bastion" in about five years BTW, your information is out of date. The NYT made a distinct right turn after 9-11.

Why would they print it? Perhaps because they thought it was true at the time?

If the Iraqi government is denying it, something smells fishy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join