It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Condoleezza Rice Accuses World Of Ignoring Saddam Trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The US has invested some $US128 million ($169.8 million) to train and equip the judges and lawyers in the trial against Saddam and the others on charges of crimes against humanity, according to Human Rights Watch.

They spent how much doing this? We have people in America living on the streets, our cities are in disarray, schools are falling apart, hurricane victims are homeless and they spend this amount of money on a trial for that goon in that wild west of a "country"?? This administration never ceases to amaze me...

I can save us all $127,999,999.50 and put a bullet in that psychopath and call it a day...We can then turn around and bill the 50 cents to whats left of his family living in Syria or Lebanon or wherever they are holed up these days.

Priorities=all mixed up

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Escrotumus]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The world IS paying attention to the Iraqi elections.
I know that Iran is paying attention..
They are so impressed thay they sent 1000's of fake ballots over the border,
just to help out..

truth is, Nobody cares about the trial, only the result..

***raises purple finger, sticks it in Saddams eye****

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well of course people are ignoring Saddams trial its a farce !
There is only one possible outcome guilty and did the laws that Saddam is on trial for breaking exist before this farce began?
128 millon dollars the Bush admin has more money then sense.

How many of Saddam croines will simply disappear and take part in the new government rather then take part in this farce ?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by xpert11]

[edit on 14-12-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I know that the trial is a one sided trial, not that I'm saying Saddam should get a fair trial, he's guilty of doing all he's been accused of, there's no question about it.

The question is, how do they do this? A trial by his peers? Not gonna happen, not how the US would do it at least. There isn't anyone in the country of Iraq that hasn't heard of his exploits, & even if they were brave enough to be on a jury, he'd have their families killed or totured, or both.

At the same time, I don't think they should just hang him, that would'nt do anything but open up the right to kill people guilty of lesser charges than Massacres & mass population extermination.

I think the whole thing is crap to begin with. We, the US of A, should never have stuck our noses in their sand in the first place. I Myself, take the isolationist point of view to some extent. We should let them worry about their own desert, & stay out, period.

Well, you ask, but what the oil that we need for gasoline production? Guess what John Q Ignorant Public....we have enough oil in Texas, President Bush's family owns like 99% of it, & in the Alaskan pipeline, to fuel the rest of the World for the next 150 years.

Don't know what to tell you about Saddam Hussein & his trial, but I know I'm only watching it to see the implications of how they will twist it around to hurt us Americans.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
When they bring out the real Saddam and put him on trial, dear Condi, I'll watch it.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
When they bring out the real Saddam and put him on trial, dear Condi, I'll watch it.

LOL, so Saddam is actually sitting in a basement somewhere watching his own trial, - I fooled them ALL!

And if the DNA samples after the execution does not match up, it will be swept under the rug, you know it. We shall never know...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
The world IS paying attention to the Iraqi elections.
I know that Iran is paying attention..
They are so impressed thay they sent 1000's of fake ballots over the border,
just to help out..

truth is, Nobody cares about the trial, only the result..

***raises purple finger, sticks it in Saddams eye****

Both the outcome (guilty as charged in the deaths of 140 Shiite Muslims in retaliation for a failed assassination attempt against him) and sentence (execution, by hanging?) is already set in stone. The trial is just a play. I don't find soap operas very entertaining but that is just me. Just get it over with and move on in the process, this is not the victory or goal. Maybe they were expecting more popularity through this... how disappointing.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
So the CIA helped put him in power.
Does that make him less of a despot somehow?

Nope - but when he was a terrible Dictator he had ALL the USA Support he wanted.

He wanted Chemicals - he Got'em!

He wanted Bio-Weapons - he Got'em!

He Wanted Military Technology - he Got it!

And when he Killed thousands of Kurds with Chemical Weapos, all that the USA did, was Supply him MORE of them!

When Saddam killed all those People - he was in Bed with Pentagon.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

When Saddam killed all those People - he was in Bed with Pentagon.

.and with lots of worse others....

But there is one huge difference.

The United States corrects mistakes - while others are sitting on the couch, only having a big mouth.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Riwka]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join