It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis is almost a demonic possession!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SantoJuJu

I've been reading through many similar posts and I'm researching the Shadow Beings - which before you dismiss the idea, please hear me out. After reading posts on this site and many others found elsewhere, having an encounter of my own and some from people I know, I'm starting to think that these "beings" are manipulating us. I have a friend who is also a paranormal investigator as am I, and he's had similar encounters, but being a little harder to frighten, these beings actually telepathically tried to coax him out of his body by offering him full knowledge of everything - sounds a bit different doeesn't it? However, it's had me wondering why his encounter was so different from all the others I've read. Based on things I've gathered from other investigators and individual accounts, I'm suspecting that these beings, for what ever reason, are desparately trying to either absorb our greatest energy or take over the physical body - many I've talked to have told me that if you are not afraid of them and use very strong language with shadow beings, they usually leave you alone. It almost as if they are trying to trick you out of your body - and OOBE's - I'm seeing them described more and more among posts I've come across. If you're interested in getting some info on the shadow beings, take a look at my blog at Myspace.com/HauntingzInk - I've post my own story, titled "Haunted House-what do you think?" (which was posted before I started researching the shadow beings topic) and several others specifically about shadow people. I have nothing to base my theory on other than the repeated accounts I have been compiling and their similarities. I will tell you this much - the paranormal investigators I have talked to, including my own opinion - these are not ghosts. They are something entirely different, but no one know for certain WHAT they are.

Last piece of advise.....sleep with the lights on, they don't like light, but check out my blog on myspace as I have listed some protective measures that seem to work. I can't tell you for certain that SP is directly related to these shadow beings, but I've read enough accounts of shadow beings that included SP to suspect the two may go hand and hand.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ive been experiencing very similar dreams "more like nightmares" where i feel like i am half awake ...something tells me i need to wake up and when i try i feel pinned down to my bed like and i feel a strong presence there this happened to me 4 times in a row a week ago i have been sleeping with the lights on since that was until last night when i feel asleep on my couch watching a movie the lights were out and i felt the same need to wake up and get up when i tried this time it felt like an even stronger presence was over me or even in me i couldn't move at all i tried to scream and i let out a small cry before it was stopped as well then instantly afterward i heard and felt like this presence was moving away from me i heard two foot steps next to me and then i was able to move, when this happens i don't feel like i have awaken from a dream it doesn't feel like a dream at all

...Im not religious nor do i believe in this type of stuff for the most part over the past year or so i have had trouble sleeping at night "always with the lights off" i get a lot of nightmares i guess it also doesn't help that my house is located about 20 feet from the cemetery

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I am so glad to know i am not alone. Everything you have described i have experienced. I am up now at 3 a.m. because i just went through the most terrifying "night hag" yet. Dear Lord i believe it is demonic as well. I dont know what to do!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There's so many people uninformed about this topic. IT IS NOT A DEMON. Sleep paralysis is a natural occurrence, that happens when you become conscious of your body during a particular phase of sleep. This can happen from many different things like stress or sleep patterns or just random. People also say you can achieve and out of body experience from thinking about leaving your body when your in this state. I have done it many times and believe it to be an out of body experience. All I do is just imagine my body floating up and up when I'm in this state and sometimes I come out or sometimes I just partially come out and wake up.

I have also never seen any demons or any negative things in these states, because I'm not afraid of the dark or believe that demons can possess me. The only reason you guys see these things is because I think your mind is scared of leaving the body or being paralyzed in a weird state, so your sub conscious creates a fear in a hallucination to make you wake up. Also, if you think you can get possessed all the time and think something is after you, your mind is going to mess with you.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have experienced almost everything that the OP described, short of the the second experience none of mine have ever been that bad. I always say " the blood of christ compells you" and whatever I want to happen example " leave me in peace" or "leave my home" or whatever it it at that peticular time, I have always thought SP to be evil in nature I often hear the "buzzing" sound in my ears as well, I have never seen a shadow being but let me asure you when I do it's time to annoint my bedroom and have a preist come bless my home!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
My Dear Brother,

These night attacks are usually demon attacks. They come in spirit even during the day to oppress the victim. Your story is very similar to mine. I have suffered from these attacks for a large part of my life until the Lord Jesus Christ delivered me.

I no longer experience them as long as I walk in his will. Its not that Im doing perfect in the ways of the Lord, but Im trying my best.

The demon spirit for such oppression is specifically dedicated to you by the kingdom of darkness. It will find you where-ever you go.

When it has arrived in the vicinity of where you are, your spirit [By design of the living God] will alert you (and you feel incomprehensible fear and you start to have ominous feelings clearly indicating that something evil is around).
That time, you need to quickly rise from your sleep and sincerely confess all known and unknown sins to the Lord Jesus.

Then pray very hard with unwavering faith, binding the demon(s) and taking taking authority over them, and command them in the name of Jesus to go to Hell from where they originated and continue praying very hard and for a long time

Dont have mercy on your enemy, your toturerer, you can even call for file from the Lord to scortch hte demon(s) as they are driven away from the place. As you do this in faith, it is really happening in the spirit realm and very soon, you will start to feel calm and relaxed, as the evil demonic presence is driven away by the power of the Lord.

Demons dont easily give up on their victim, they are such unhappy, vexed and cursed evil beings that the only thing they will do is to fight on coming back to continue the oppression on the victim. The is nothing good for them in hell because it is such an unpleasant place to stay.

So they may come back, and you need to rise in prayer once more and re-examine yourself take authority over them once again.

In some cases, satanists can come in spirit to oppress, suck blood and cause harm to people. Fervent prayer will disarm them and they will flee for their lives.

Ultimately you will have to go for deliverence from demonic powers. You might have been exposed/connected to the demonic world by parents/guardians or the activities with the devilish world. Some covenants unknown to you were made. they have to be broken.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I had similar experiences of sleep paralysis since I was thirteen years old.I still get them off and on. Last year when my dad died . I had strange visit two nights in a row. I was woke up by a loud buzzing noise , It felt like someone was in my face and looked over and seen a big bright ball of light, it was red and white.It harrasessd me for a couple of nights, starts out with a odd loud buzzing sound to wake me and then the the orb appeared . I was'nt scarred just curious.I've never had that experience before and I havent seen it again and I dont get the loud buzzing noises anymore.I had my ears checked and there fine.I know stress of losing a loved one can stress you out, but I know what I seen , heard and felt.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?
I've had similar experiences when it comes to sleep paralysis. Being awaken by something and held down and cant move and able to look around and feel a presence of someone there.It started when I was thirteen,I was woke up by something heavy pressing down on the bed and at the same time it was growling and breathing hard right next to me. I was awake and could'nt move, my arms and legs were pinned down spead eagle. I can only move my head and looked around the room and I could'nt scream or talk .I finally was able to get up and got out of that room.It scared me to death.I got ready for school. I felt scared, but fine.
Half way through school I suddenly became ill and had to go home. I had a temperature of a 102 degrees for 24 hours and then I was fine.It still haunts me today.I still have them,I had another one when I was in my mid 20's, I was woke up by an evil raspy deep voice man, he said you are going to die.I still dont understand why this even happened,It's very frightening experience.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I use to get sleep paralysis all the time, almost every night before. I experiance it all. Sometimes, I know its coming when I hear the buzzing sound in my ear. I get it so often, that it doesn't scare me as much and I actually get angry at times and try to fight off my imagination of what ever it throws at me, even if it's some evil spirit or shadow.

One time, I was so piss that I jumped out of bed and started punching and kicking the air. My gf was like WTF. I snaped out of it, then went back to bed. Sometimes, I don't even try to fight it off because I'm just too tire, bad idea, because it can last for hours.

Here is a big tip for you guys that get it. When I get sleep paralysis, I found out that the only body part I can move is my feet. It you are capable to moving your feet, than u have a good chance of snapping out of it everytime.

I believe the things people see is just their imagination. Ur eye may be open, but the things you see are hallucination. I know because I use to sleep walk when I was younger and I would see all sorts of stuff while wide awake and moving, but my mind was still in a dream state and I can just imagine things up and they would appear as if it was real.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have sleep paralysis, obe's. When you are paralyzed, ... you are on the verge of obe'ing. 98 % of what your experiencing, ..... is just you !!!! your imagination playing tricks on you.

For instance, .... some people feel the heavy sensation on my chest, .. and think, ... oh my god, a demons sitting on my chest, ... and all of the sudden thats what your mind will create for you, ... it will seem as real as this screen in front of you. you must control your mind, .. it is your worst enemy.

...... and the only reason these " attacks" cease when you bring up god, jesus or whatever........ is simply because you beleive it will work. its all in your head man, ... on the other side, thought to reality is instantaneous.

..... I've been doin this stuff ten years, trust me. However I still have bad experiences sometimes..... It can be hard to take control of your thoughts once they spin out of control. In that case, .. try moving your hands or feet, once they move everything else will follow.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
sleep paralysis is NOT a demon possesion.... iv had 1 and it was NOT a demon possesion. its just that the body is asleep and the mind combines the real world with the dream world... wen ig had it i saw a bloke and he kiked me..i mean why would a demon kick you rather that strangle u????

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have experienced this several times in my life, all have been very similar experiences and have occurred in the same physical location which is why I find it odd.

My family has owned a lake house in N Indiana for sevaral generations and it has always been a source of infrequent(at least it seems so as we are only there a few weekends a year), paranormal activity. When I was 6 or 7 there was an event there witnessed by many family members that was my first experience there and, eventually, led to my father, grandmonther, and other relatives opening up about their experiences there which I won't go into as it would be OT.

In any event, the most memorable experience I had up there involved me sleeping on my bed upstairs in the old part of the house - a lower floor was actually built in under an existing 1 story cottage by my great-grandparents. I "woke up" in the same place I was sleeping under the exact same conditions I had fallen asleep - right down to the drink I had put by my bed in case I woke up thirsty - with the frequently mentioned symptoms of utter dread and the inability to speak or move. All at once, something grabbed my ankles and yanked me out of the bed, drug me out into the main, open room upstairs and started swinging me around in the air. Once I was grabbed I was able to use my arms and would grab the top of any doorframe I came close to and hang on until ripped loose.

Eventually, I got away and crawled back in bed and climbed under the covers pulling them over my head only to get yanked out of bed again. I had this "dream" several times in a row as when I'd escape back to my bed is when I would kind of "wake up" disorented and still freaked out. I remember looking around trying to determine if I was, indeed, awake or asleep and it really became hard to tell after a few times in a row. Finally, the last time I was grabbed I managed to get ahold of the headboard and hold on so that it couldn't pull me out of bed. It was still trying to and I remember being tired and p1$$ed off and telling it quit being a coward and show itself and it materialized. The best way to describe what I saw was a charcoal grey entity with jagged black holes where it's mouth and eyes should have been and it had arms and a torso but no legs. What it reminded me of was one of those black entities that come out of the sewers to drag evil souls to hell in the movie "Ghost." I jerked one of my legs free and kicked at it's "head" and, at that point it dissolved and faded away and the series of dreams ended for the night at that point.

The next day I called my younger brother and told him about it knowing he'd had something similar happen a few years earlier that scared him to the point where he, to this day, still won't stay there alone and never talked about it. He was really quiet when I described everything that happened and finally said the exact same thing happened to him there but it had dragged him up the stairs from the 1st floor before swinging him around in the same room. He never saw what it looked like though.

I just find it odd that it only happens at that location and the same situation happened to both of us without either of us knowing about the others experience.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Necrosis]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
is it possible that some cases of SP are demonic influenced? or maybe something from the spiritual realm at work? i don't believe it's totally explained by psychology and medicine.

one night i was sleeping on my stomach and i start hearing a buzz on my ears and felt like drowning on my bed.

a few minutes passed and i felt a presence in the room, a bad one. then i felt a pressure on my back, like a kid or a cat had sit on my back and i couldn't move or scream, but i could look to my alarm clock in the corner of my eye, it was almost 6.

it stopped when i prayed for gods help in my mind.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Picollo30]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Last night, I had this experience happen to me for the first time in a long time. I had just woken up from my sleep. I was stretching and all of sudden I couldn't move. Everything went deaf and my body was paralyzed. I was so scared and was trying to call my daughter. I couldn't scream. I started praying in my mind and finally, I was released. I don't believe in the psychology all in your mind bologna. I believe it was a presence. The first time I had this experience was 5 years ago and prayer was the one thing that released me from this paralysis. I strongly believe I need to read my bible more often.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I deal with SP on an almost every day basis. It's getting worse and stronger. I don't know what I can do? I've experienced the getting pulled off the bed, floating, being sat on, evil low voice talking to me, sexual assaults, sounds of the door opening/closing, foot steps, sensing evil, seeing shadows of things in the room (ie. shadows of a dog, bird on my head, black mist, and shadow person), had something grab my foot, and even waking up to find little cat scratch sized claw marks on various places of the body.

It' good to see that I'm not alone, but it's also terrifying and I'm not sure what to do. I'm 28 and this needs to stop:/

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Veritas

I have also been able to eventually move an arm during SP, but what's weird it that I couldn't see it. I'd hold it in front of my face and it would be invisible or something. I could even see my arm still lying at mt my side. I've even touched my face and tried to grab at "whatever" is there. I could feeling my face, but not the thing that was with me

Sometimes, I wonder if we (the people that have this every night) have been cursed at some point in our lives.

I really think it may be a good idea to try to figure out our similarities. Maybe we're all having this for similar reasons or things in our pasts

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You have to have strong conviction and I don't mean religion but in yourself and your ability to defend yourself.

These shadow forms prey on people who become 'detached' from themselves in some manner usually through trauma, illness or depression/mental fatigue.

My first experience was when I was quite young, I saw a small 2 dimensional (As if drawn on paper, flat) shadow form dancing upwards at the foot of my bed, as it did this I felt the paralysis trying to take hold.

For whatever reason, to this day, I am able to fight it off and take control of the situation quite quickly (in the past I was frozen but I quickly calmed down and mentally lashed out in way that I wanted back control of my body which worked).

Since then I have held a strong conviction in myself through practicing bio-feedback and sensitivity (I practice martial arts and do body building 6 times a week which has helped me develop sensitivity coupled with being acutely empathic).

I think SP affects people who are more sensitive to their environment than others hence we tend to see and feel things that others normally wouldn't.

I totally believe these beings are malevolent so make no bones about their intention, they are not friendly and intend harm over a long period of time.

In my second experience I was attacked by 3 shadow like figures/demons and for many months I felt like someone had clawed into my rib cage and liver area.

After I got over the fear and mentally recognized what was going on I found I was no longer under the effect of paralysis, in fact I was fully conscious and able to take control of the situation which probably saved my life the third time.

In the third event I witnessed 3 dark figures approaching me, then the middle figure spoke out stating he was more powerful than me, strangely as if I was watching myself I replied "you may be more powerful but I will still destroy you" and as I said that I watched one shadow figure implode into a bright light and I remember noticing the whole house shook (it was violent enough to wake up my wife and kids).

After that I got disturbed a few times in my sleep but whatever the hell they were they never attacked me like that (I have been disturbed on the odd occasion in my sleep).

I think people with religious beliefs tend to have strong convictions so are usually able to fight off the shadow entities (I believe a type of demon) but anyone who develops discipline and focuses their mind with strong self belief can fight them off.

I found visualizing them as a piece of paper which I then proceeded to tear apart helped my mind focus and become defensive during the SP episodes.

Has anyone who has experienced this noticed when it happens everything goes black and white and usually just before it's as if you are suddenly drugged up i.e. not falling to sleep the way you normally do - I think the SP takes place just as you are about fall asleep (probably when your mind/body connection is less strong momentarily?).

I don't believe in ghosts or such like but I have held a strong conviction in demons however I am not religious either (but I do believe in a supreme being or creator), I work in the field of science and technology but for some strange reason all my life I have had an awareness of demons and innate knowledge of them (if that makes sense).

Anyway good luck and hope you beat this

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As an avid astral projector, I will say sleep paralysis is one of the catalysts I use to be successful. When in a sleep paralysis state, that allows you to move your astral body away from your physical body without actually moving. If you were to move your physical body, you would wake up.

When I move my astral body, its usually a rolling out to the left, where I then roll off the side of my bed and float to the ground. It really does feel like I am rolling over, and I consciously have to do it. When I know I am on the ground, I wait a few seconds and open my eyes to my bedroom.

Once out of body, I float up off the ground and proceed out my door or through my door, depending if its closed. I tend to follow the same paths I do when I am awake - I'm guessing its habit - although instead of opening a door I usually just float through it.

Sleep paralysis for me is a random event, and took me quite some time to get used to the feeling. Sometimes the paralysis isnt total, but you may only be able to move in very slow motion. Occasionally I hear chattering, loud rumbling train-like noises, and can see through my eyelids.

I think that you are able to get sleep paralysis more often if you can teach yourself to recognize the phase of sleep where you are conscious, yet entering the dream state. This is where you need to keep yourself in order to project. If you go too far you will just fall asleep and dream. If you dont go far enough you will still be awake. It is usually best to try to project in the early morning hours after you get about five to six hours of sleep. This allows you to fall back into the necessary state very quickly, but not be so tired as to where you instantly fall into a deep sleep and past the key waking-sleep state.

I wish I was able to project at will, and still practice it in hopes of being able to one day. Although currently I project naturally at times, I find by putting into your subconscious that you are going to project that night you tend to have better results. Techniques such as reality checks I find to be extremely helpful as well to help recognize when you are awake vs dreaming and subtle differences between the two.

Without sleep paralysis, I would probably not be able to project nearly as often, and as scary as it used to be I am completely thankful for this necessary step to such a wonderful ability. I implore everybody to not let the fear overcome you, and to be strong. By relaxing during the paralysis and going with it, you may find yourself out of body before you know it.

Lastly. A falling sensation is also sometimes noted as well when you are in the between state of awake and falling asleep. This is probably the rarest, as well as the scariest way I have used for separation, but it does work. After being able to not have the crap scared out of me by the sudden falling sensation, I was able to let myself continue with the fall until I no longer felt like I was falling. When I opened my eyes, I was outside of my body. I'm sure many of you have experienced this falling sensation when going to sleep and if you can keep your cool and go with it, I think you will be quite amazed with what happens at the end. I believe the falling sensation is actually caused by yourself randomly astral projecting, but the fear often wakes us up.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in a bit about sleep paralysis and that its not all bad. I have many other threads on this topic you can view by going through my profile. Hopefully this helped even just one of you and I hope that one day you can overcome the fear and enjoy a world you'll never want to leave.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by morbidlyobtuse
reply to post by 1Veritas

I have also been able to eventually move an arm during SP, but what's weird it that I couldn't see it. I'd hold it in front of my face and it would be invisible or something. I could even see my arm still lying at mt my side. I've even touched my face and tried to grab at "whatever" is there. I could feeling my face, but not the thing that was with me

Sometimes, I wonder if we (the people that have this every night) have been cursed at some point in our lives.

I really think it may be a good idea to try to figure out our similarities. Maybe we're all having this for similar reasons or things in our pasts

You were actually moving your astral body.

You feel exactly like you are moving you're arm, and you are. Just its not your physical arm. This is one of the early steps of learning how to astral project, and I hope if you have an interest in the subject you can achieve that state again with practice. Also, being able to see through your eyelids is another ability you have when viewing from your astral self. It's quite an amazing experience.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

I've been told this a few times before, but I feel like since %90 of my SP has involved sensing a malevolent entity in my presence, I'm reluctant wanna leave my body for fear of become possessed or attacked on a different plane, ya know?

There's been times I've felt like my body was floating or being pulled off the bed. Is that OB related?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by morbidlyobtuse
reply to post by deadline527

I've been told this a few times before, but I feel like since %90 of my SP has involved sensing a malevolent entity in my presence, I'm reluctant wanna leave my body for fear of become possessed or attacked on a different plane, ya know?

There's been times I've felt like my body was floating or being pulled off the bed. Is that OB related?

Floating, yes. Being pulled.. I would have to say no on that. Any time I leave my body I actually have to roll out of it, literally. But instead of my physical body rolling, its my astral body. Much like how your hand was moving, yet it wasn't. Well think of that, just with your whole entire body separating instead of just one part.

I think the feeling of being watched, or something evil is basically from the fear involved. I will be the first to admit its scary as hell when you dont know what is happening. I used to be terrified of sleep paralysis so much that I would only sleep on my side in hopes to minimize it. Now that I've found out a use for it, I dont get it nearly as much as I want, lol.

Now, you also could be dreaming that you are in your bed and being pulled off it. Its not uncommon to dream that you are laying in bed, and sometimes when things happen in the dream, people think that it really happened over night. I am not dismissing it as this, just saying it does happened.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join