It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crips Street Gang Founder Executed in California (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have always thought that we should "RETURN THE FAVOR" if someone ever killed anyone. In other words kill them Back as quickly as possible. This is the first time I have ever thought about the persons soul who had commited the Murder or felony. His soul may have been saved, because he was on death roll for so long. He had actually turned his life around, only because we didn't execute him back in the 1970's when he commited his crime. What do you guys think about Capitol Punishment and keeping these guys that thier lives are coming to an end, alive ?

aolsvc.news.aol.com
SAN QUENTIN, Calif. (Dec. 13) - Convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams, the Crips gang co-founder whose case stirred a national debate about capital punishment versus the possibility of redemption, was executed Tuesday morning.

Williams, 51, died at 12:35 a.m. Officials at San Quentin State Prison seemed to have trouble injecting the lethal mixture into his muscular arm. As they struggled to find a vein, Williams looked up repeatedly and appeared frustrated, shaking his head at supporters and other witnesses.

"You doing that right?" it sounded as if he asked one of the men with a needle.

After he was declared dead, his supporters shouted in unison: "The state of California just killed an innocent man," as they walked out of the chamber.

The case became the state's highest-profile execution in decades. Hollywood stars and capital punishment foes argued that Williams' sentence should be commuted to life in prison because he had made amends by writing children's books about the dangers of gangs and violence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Do you think that we should have waited all these years to put him to death ? We wasted many meals on him to keep him alive and he didn't do anything to help society out when he was in the Penetentiery. If he did change like he says he did, only god would have known. But was it worth your tax money?

[edit on 13-12-2005 by 5Lostboy5]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
if he was as guilty as he was, why didn't they execute him earlier?

if they prolonged his life just to kill him later, isn't that somewhat sick?

if there is evidence that can be introduced into his conviction, why didn't he get a retrial after all these years?

it just doesn't add up to me, and i'm getting the feeling it never will.

i heard how sickening FOXnews were trying to justify the actions simply because he wouldn't snitch to the police of members that he knew of so just of that he shouldn't get any special treatment.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Lead up story and the execution has already been covered by Grady in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Lead up story and the execution has already been covered by Grady in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am sorry ... that people cannot read ...and just want to be negative to the post ... I AM SORRY .

Any how ... Conspicuouz ... It doesn't make any sense to me either why hold someone ... for Decades only to kill them ??? Why do or Did they need him all that long ?? Because he was so high up in the Gang maybe if anythign ever big went down they could use him ???

This is the only reason I could see holding him for that long without a retrial ... or some other reason for not sentencing him to death earlier in his life ... Although it did sound like, he may have been a changed man ... after 20 years in the pen.

Or maybe they had someone that was the big boy inside of the pen team up with him ... and gradually pulled information from him .... ??? When you are in the pen ... the government controls ... most of what goes on .. Even if it it the CORRUPT government ...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
5Lostboy5,

There's absolutely NO need for this

We are not discussing ... How the he was Executed ... and if you cannot read then go somewhere where the Forum is Audible ... Otherwise open up your Damned eyes ... and READ ....

Please be civil to your fellow members.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
5Lostboy5,

There's absolutely NO need for this

We are not discussing ... How the he was Executed ... and if you cannot read then go somewhere where the Forum is Audible ... Otherwise open up your Damned eyes ... and READ ....

Please be civil to your fellow members.

I apologize ... I can ignore ignorance ... I just can't ignore someone .. not even reading a thread and just posting ... random things without even reading the TWO POST WITHIN A THREAD !!! .... Anyways ... I am TRYING TO DISCUSS is it RIGHT TO HAVE SOMEONE KNOW THAT THEY ARE DEAD and JUST SITTING IN A PEN for more than a couple weeks ???? SUCH AS 20 YEARS ?? Is this ETHICAL ?? Ok you are dead not sit here ... and wait for us to call your number .... This has to be INHUMANE ... Kill them or let them go ... or set a sentence for them ... LIFE IN PRISON ... What is this for ?? To keep them off the streets ... if they can't be on the streets do they really need to be here at all ? Unless we start making ... somethign else useful for them ... they are just wasting my Tax money ....

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5
Any how ... Conspucuouz ... It doesn't make any sense to me either why hold someone ... for Decades only to kill them ??? Why do or Did they need him all that long ?? Because he was so high up in the Gang maybe if anythign ever big went down they could use him ???

The reason they wait on death row so long is because they have to wait for a death penalty appeals lawyers. Then convicts can wait for years while appeals are filed and protests lodged. Supreme Court-mandated suspension of the death penalty from 1972 to 1972 to create a less arbitrary system resulted in lengthier appeals, as mandatory sentencing reviews have become the norm, and continual changes in laws and technology have necessitated reexamination of individual sentences.

Republicans do want to change the system...
Republicans to move on legislation streamlining death penalty cases

[edit on 13-12-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The reason it takes so long to be executed is because of the appellate process takes too bloody long. The system is backed up and its never going to recover. But as for him being innocent, if he was so innocent why didnt these groups find evidence and help get him out, he had 25 years of appeals.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5
Any how ... Conspucuouz ... It doesn't make any sense to me either why hold someone ... for Decades only to kill them ??? Why do or Did they need him all that long ?? Because he was so high up in the Gang maybe if anythign ever big went down they could use him ???

The reason they wait on death row so long is because they have to wait for a death penalty appeals lawyers. Then convicts can wait for years while appeals are filed and protests lodged. Supreme Court-mandated suspension of the death penalty from 1972 to 1972 to create a less arbitrary system resulted in lengthier appeals, as mandatory sentencing reviews have become the norm, and continual changes in laws and technology have necessitated reexamination of individual sentences.

Republicans do want to change the system...
Republicans to move on legislation streamlining death penalty cases

[edit on 13-12-2005 by andpau66]

I think I heard something about a FAST TRACK LANE TO DEATH ROW .. this needs to be the only way ... Either Kill them ... Let them face thier Sentence and let them out to kill someone else or .. Just let them FREE to kill someone else without a sentence .... Either way ... Let them show who they are ... and if it is another life at least we will not have them sitting in Jail .. .wasting thier lives away .... They can either be good or bad ... Just let them be ... and that will be it ... don't tell them .. Wait 20 years .... Then let us Deliberate a little while ... Although on the positive side, I might have another brother in heaven .. he may have truly changed but that is only for god to decide ...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
The reason it takes so long to be executed is because of the appellate process takes too bloody long. The system is backed up and its never going to recover. But as for him being innocent, if he was so innocent why didnt these groups find evidence and help get him out, he had 25 years of appeals.

Because he was not even Close to INNOCENT ... Although he may have been a relatively good Brother .. he was not a Good Man .. he did kill or have killed either way .... He deserved to be put to death the next day .... The system needs to be fixed .... never thought I would say thiws but GO REPU... never mind I will not say that ..

top topics

join