It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know Something Is Up In Washington They Don't Want Us To Know When ________________.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What on this earth makes you think that someone didnt control the Watergate scandal to the proper conclusion ..or the conclusion desired?? That Watergate too was not a managed spectacle?? And not by the American public. Watergate was obviously a power struggle..with the American Public being the losers. But whom exactly were the real players??? How do you know it was not a managed spectacle??? It is obvious to me that the American public were the real losers.
I am looking for a complete unedited version of Richard Nixons resignation speech on video or DVD. I have heard from limited sources that the unedited speech in its entirety is a intresting listen.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Originally posted by orangetom1999

What on this earth makes you think that someone didnt control the Watergate scandal to the proper conclusion ..or the conclusion desired?? That Watergate too was not a managed spectacle?? And not by the American public. Watergate was obviously a power struggle..with the American Public being the losers. But whom exactly were the real players??? How do you know it was not a managed spectacle??? It is obvious to me that the American public were the real losers.
I am looking for a complete unedited version of Richard Nixons resignation speech on video or DVD. I have heard from limited sources that the unedited speech in its entirety is a intresting listen.

That is a very interesting perspective. I honestly had never given it much thought. Of course, I was pretty young back then, and not old enuogh to really understand much about politics. Although I did watch his resignation speech (I guess it would have had to have been the edited version, since it was on TV), I still didn't have a grasp of what was really going on.

I didn't until much later. But the idea that it also could have been a bunch of trumpt up hype, never occurred to me until I just read your post that it also could have been organized by those behind the media, or something like that. It is an idea that is new to me. I might sound stupid to those who have thought of this years ago, but anyway, it is a new and interesting concept to me. It broadens my thinking when it comes to government, and it frightens me to see that reality really could be that no matter what the constitution says, and how their powers are supposed to be limited to an extent, the system of checks and balances, etc..... all really mean nothing unless put into practice by a moral and ethical government.

Somehow putting those words all in one sentance was difficult: "moral", "ethical" and "government". Certainly a corrupt one, and this one is quite possibly the most corrupt, can really manipulate things so that they can do basically anything, and manipulate the people into believing about anything they want them to. SCARY!

I was watching "Nightline" a couple of nights ago, and they were debating whether what the President has done is truly illegal, and one so-called expert was saying something to the effect that the rules were different for a wartime president, and that yes, basically, there were no limitations on his powers. Yikes!

And yes, if an unedited version of Nixon's resignation speech is available somewhere, besides under lock and key at the Whitehouse, I also would be interested in seeing it.

CyberKat

[edit on 12/24/2005 by CyberKat]

[edit on 12/24/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Good point, about the whole "fake out" thing. It could've been a "puppet show", but why would they need him to resign as a distraction?

<< 1   >>

join