It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Viral Marketing / Critter.... or maybe its real...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
But some of the first indications should be that...

A) Time and Newsweek hasn't picked it up yet.

B) Well... there is just a lot of sketchyness to the site.

www.paleoshilling.nl...

We all know what the word SHILING means... don't we H.R.?

This isn't the thing you guys keep talking about is it? The collosus thing?

Or is this a "NEW" giant critter found?

-VMX

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've seen this site before... During the time when all the colossi (colossus pl.?) made their appearances here. For some reason I didn't bother much with it. Maybe because of all the other "hoaxes" (or call it what you like). Maybe because it's to good to be true and there's no international media coverage on it. Sony messed up the crypto world with their stupid Viral marketing! Now anything can slip by us that might actually be the truth...

Whichever it is, a lot of time and effort went into the creation of the pictures. But not quite up to the standard of the "official" Sony videos.

Cug

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's looks to me to be more games.

The domain was registered on 16 Sep 2005, and there is no record of it on archive.org wayback machine web.archive.org...*/www.paleoshilling.nl...

The domain in the "authors" contact me link does not exist.

I just see no evidance that the site was running under this name on some of the posting dates that are claimed.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The sketches towards the end look like the 14th Colossus, so I'd have to say hoax on this one. The photos are quite suspect in their appearance as well (very clean fossil shots, etc)

edit: found a good screen cap of the 14th Colossus, to better illustrate what I mean. Of special note are the "Whale Fin Wings"

[edit on 13/12/2005 by Thousand]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Im starting to wonder if they've made a website for each of the colossus'.. Maybe we should dedicate an entire thread so we can gather info on all of them, so we wont get cheated in the future..

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Im starting to wonder if they've made a website for each of the colossus'..

I'd be interested in the spin they put on each one. Sounds like they've put a fair amount of effort into it already...great game, too.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
IMHO - a pox on sony and all thier " marketing geniuses "

innitial assesment , the claim of " it was uncovered by the earthquake " does not mesh with this image :

so i vote fake

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think it would be a good idea for a mod of this cryptozoology forum to post one of those "always at the top of the forum" threads labeled "READ THIS:Colosuss' are Sony Viral Marketing."

ALTHOUGH. If any of you heard the article recently where they got video evidence of the until now legendary Gaint squid. They also got a "bloop" on the radar (a potential predator of the GS) that "was 6 times larger than a blue whale".

Its like if the "bloop" creature was me, the blue whale would be a bagel"
if that helps to visualize the size. And the GS and bloop article was NOT a viral marketing by Sony"

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
hey , i second the idea of "shadow88"

we should have a sticky with an idex of the following :

known SOTC vrtal sites [ with evidence ]

[ insert links list ]

sites suspected to be SOTC VIRALS

KNOWN FRAUD SITES [ NOT sotc RELATED ]

ETC

kudos to shadow88 for thinking of it - at least it will cut down on the " whats this " questions

[edit on 13-12-2005 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OOO is that what theyre called: Stickies
Definately. I mean, we're getting another "OMG! Giant Creature skeleton found!" thread every second day. It would just be useful as to not annoy everyone with Sony's marketing of evil!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Help a fella out here...
Viral Marketing? Sony... wha the hell does the sucky CD company have to do with collossus?

DO I have other reasons to hate Sony?
do tell... with links to other threads on these giant hoaxes please...
thanks
Danka
Denada
Domo arigato

and as to this pic: I call real... only because it does look embedded and it does look impressive and very old...

[edit on 13-12-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sony games.

And for links just look in every thread with the words collosus or giant found etc in the title.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
and as to this pic: I call real... only because it does look embedded and it does look impressive and very old...

Unfortunately, it looks embedded, impressive, and old because that's what the artist was going for when he/she photoshopped them together. It's definitely another one of Sony's sites.

I really do love the campaign, though. Very inventive. That news footage of the giant washed up on shore with the "archaeologists" studying it...was that part of it too?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yes it was part of it and it was a fake. When the people put there hands over any part of it they went fuzzy. FAKE fake fake

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
kudos to Sony for a good marketing scheme. I actually appreciate them for making this very creative advertisement, because no matter what people said, we were all scratching our heads about this one
. Usually, companies just use commercials and banners to promote video games, but Sony went out of their way and spent thousands of $bling$ to promote their game. I played the game at my friend's house too, graphics are amazing!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Only reason I remembered this, (because crypozoo ain't my bag anyways - was just tryin' ta help out - ) ..is because I picked up the game.. and I'm like.. "I posted something about this accidently didn't I?" .. sure enough .. here we are ...

God I feel dumb by getting (ALMOST) taken in by this. AT LEAST.. I had a feeling about it (and heard something was going around).

Sorry guys, btw. (dumb dumb dumb dumb)

Soooooo ... anyone want to know how the game is?

(I pan this game below, because its hollow)

Uh.. its not bad. Interesting idea anyways. Thre is ONE really huge problem with the game though.. well two actually.. They really should have, put some more stuff, in between the killing the Collosi and ... passing out after killing one and waking back up at HQ being told where the next one is (at least they don't make you run home everytime... with NOTHING to do in between) .. so you just go out there and .. kill it ... same as the last one.. its a 15-30 min horse back ride out there... and there is NOTHING in between to do... no...critters... nothing...

... like there is a whole RPG missing in here somewhere.

Or its like Prince of Persia 3, with...out the... difficulty of the chariot races ...with only 10% of the acrobatics and climbing styles... and only boss fights... no minions.

I guess if you have a weak video game, that has ONE REALLY FANTASTIC IDEA, but milks IT, over and over for 13 times and would also look really nice if they used some colors besides.. 4 of them...

"I'm going to model an entire HUGE ultrahigh polygon count game space for the player to run through on his horse and paint it all with the same four shades of green and brown which are actually quite close together on the games color spectrum anyways.. and add some grey stones and mountains too."- who does this?

... then I guess you need a VIRAL MARKETING CAMPAIGN to get anyone to take a look at it. This product is seaverly lacking content (and color) in the end. It can not have any replay value besides making itself more aggravating on a more difficult level (can't wait). But really..I think this whole game was suppose to be something bigger but they ran out of time/money/system resources to do what it was they really wanted to do.. hence.. this campaign. If you have an empty end result from your product I guess you would think of resorting to something like this, and that is how I pretty much feel about this.. Shadow of the Colossus viral marketing campaign.

There you go... make me look even moderately dumb (thats MY JOB ya jerks) and I'll totally pan your product even if it is mildly enjoyable on some level.. and yes, the two other things it does well, the game grandure is fantastic.. them bosses are huge (of course) .. but that does not a game make.

(the horse is really cool though... this screensaver mode where the horse just runs through the world is almost worth the rental itself in relaxation value though..... this horse just running around the game space is the best part about it so far... even with the complete lack of color in the "world")

I should have just got it from the guys name in the article in the first place. Shilling... as in for Sony. Damn. Well... I think we all learned a lesson here right?

(mods.. sorry about the review.. it just so happens I'm playing it right now, and then realized I DID get taken in by a viral campaign.. damn.. dumb - I don't know why when I double checked it, for some reason my brain still didn't register what was going on - or maybe it did and thats why I got a feelin about it.. ah well... won't happen again.. probablly)

Sorry again. Damn.

-VMX

PS: If they get free advertising from these message board screw ups like this thinking that its going to work in their favor.. no.. not going to play in to that.. like a pawn.. so I MIGHT have been able to find something nice to say about the game.. but I think that would set a bad precident in general.. so, its an okay rental.. maybe, but there is nothing here, but some flash.. and that doesn't last long even if the pan is Colossus sized.

top topics

join