It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of racist mob violence in Sydney.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Anyone notice that there aren't rampaging mobs of muslims in the United States like in france and australia?

you might want to go ahead and extract your foot from your mouth, because we have seen quite a few riots here over the last four decades. just because they didnt involve a muslim majority doesnt make it any less violent. what happened in ohio just a few weeks ago?

America is better at assimilating foreigners and treats them better. If australia doesn't want these problems, then it should adopt an american style of tolerance, acceptance, and assimilation.

yes and no. we are a nation of immigrants, but we've had our troubles in the past. i wouldnt say we've done any better than the rest of the world on this point....just that we've had more practice.

Originally posted by Trent
As for America, it is a tolerant country but i have heard that there are criminal elements in the US immigrant population too. Not sure of the scale but I'm sure they exist.
[edit on 14-12-2005 by Trent]

yes, we are having a particularly nasty problem with venezualan gangs right at the moment, especially on the east coast, and if the police and politicians dont do something about it very soon, i could see the same sort of rioting here...only it would be anti-hispanic instead of anti-muslim.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
O.K. violent attacks by one side, involving guns, bats, golfclubs etc. spread across uninvolved suburbs YET "Australians" brokered a peace meeting where both sides admitted disgust at the actions of those yobbos with warm friendly hugs and handshakes (none of this 'shake and scowel' BS of polititions) and where is the, "well done" from posters who want to think we're racist?

This was the point so many of tried to make, that despite occasions to develope animosity, the bulk of ALL Australians just want to and do get along damn well.

What the world was show on the news, was just a "blip" orchestrated by Government and media that the bulk of Australians said, "NO, we're not having that BS" to.

No wonder so many people from all over the world, choose Australia as their new home, in which to live in peace, that their native countries couldn't provide.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
We can only hope that we have seen the end of it. There was no reports of attacks last night, so that at least is a good sign.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Up to 1,500 police, armed with new powers given to them by an emergency session of NSW parliament, will take to the streets of Sydney and the central coast at the weekend, to prevent further outbreaks of racial violence.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

I hope they stop all the violence, but i especially i hope they stop these car convoys of Middle Eastern men going around smashing everything up in "retaliation" of the retaliation.

If 1500 police cant stop them, i guess the Army will be next ??

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
I hope they stop all the violence, but i especially i hope they stop these car convoys of Middle Eastern men going around smashing everything up in "retaliation" of the retaliation.

They seem to have stopped that themselves. I honestly don't think that many people will want a repeat of last week and I expect the voices of reason to win out. No one wants a race war except the white supremists and I doubt regular anglo or lebanese Australians will allow them to bait us into one. I really hope they make that "Australia first" group illegal after this if they haven't done so already, I believe in freedom of speech but this group seems to be about violence, not speech. Plus racists are cowards and this weekend they will be comming up against some real opposition if they want to try anything. Anyway i guess we will see what happens.

Sources within the Lebanese community said three busloads of young men from Melbourne - Lebanese, Serbians, Italians and Greeks - and more than 30 carloads were expected to arrive in Sydney today and tomorrow.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't accept that no body but white supremists want a race war.

To much proving otherwise, ie/ Gang rapes on white Australian's , Advanced terrorist attack plannings, Leading Muslim cleric stating Osama is a good man etc.

Actually far far to much eveidence pointing to a larger group than the White Supremists wanting a race war.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This could very well turn into an "whatever ethnic race U are Vs White Australians"

ya'll do realize this right ?

Will we see a thread started on the origins of the Italian gangs ? U know, the mafia ? remember them ? Or what about the asian triad gangs ? It was easy to forget about them after the few times they popped up in the headlines huh ?
They are a very big part of mob and gang violence here also. So perhaps the title of this thread should be edited to reflect U do solely mean arabs.

Do these gangs not pose a big threat to U and your family ? The ones who murder people in broad daylight and push unbelievable amounts of drugs in this wonderful country ? Where's the acknowledgement of them ruining your precious Australian society ? Oh, only when someone gets killed, right right.

Again, I hope those who initiated the rioting are happy with their outcome
great solution to this problem

Let's see what this weekend brings.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
This could very well turn into an "whatever ethnic race U are Vs White Australians"

ya'll do realize this right ?

Will we see a thread started on the origins of the Italian gangs ? U know, the mafia ? remember them ? Or what about the asian triad gangs ? It was easy to forget about them after the few times they popped up in the headlines huh ?
They are a very big part of mob and gang violence here also. So perhaps the title of this thread should be edited to reflect U do solely mean arabs.

Do these gangs not pose a big threat to U and your family ? The ones who murder people in broad daylight and push unbelievable amounts of drugs in this wonderful country ? Where's the acknowledgement of them ruining your precious Australian society ? Oh, only when someone gets killed, right right.

Again, I hope those who initiated the rioting are happy with their outcome
great solution to this problem

The other gangs/groups you mention are not the main part of the origins of what started the riots, ive never read of these other Organizations Gang raping/planning suicide attacks/beating lifeguards and other racially motivated attacks.

As for your suggestion of it being every ethnic group vrs White, how ridiculous, every ethnic group in Australia has the same freedoms and the same things to protect. And generally every ethnic group and skin colour get along just fine here.

Oh and the people who initiated the rioting arnt the people you think they are , the people who initiated the original rioting are the violent criminals who Gang raped, racially attacked Australians, planned terrorist bombings, Publicly announced support for Osama bin laden, attacked life guards and generally created a racial divide in Australian society like no other seen before. And the people who didnt prevent this riot from happening are the Police and politicians who are so scared of being labled racist that they adopted a treat them softly policy towards ethnic criminals.

Denial isnt just a river in Eqypt.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Report Warns of Terrorists' 'Great Ramadan Offensive'
By Sherrie Gossett
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
September 08, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - Al Qaeda's plans for a series of spectacular terrorist strikes in October, targeting American interests as well as U.S. allies in Europe and the Middle East and said to be coordinated by Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenant in Iraq - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- are the subject of a non-public report issued by terrorism experts this week.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

www.cnsnews.com...\SpecialReports\archive\200509\SPE20050908a.html

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Anyone notice that there aren't rampaging mobs of muslims in the United States like in france and australia?

you might want to go ahead and extract your foot from your mouth, because we have seen quite a few riots here over the last four decades. just because they didnt involve a muslim majority doesnt make it any less violent. what happened in ohio just a few weeks ago?

America is better at assimilating foreigners and treats them better. If australia doesn't want these problems, then it should adopt an american style of tolerance, acceptance, and assimilation.

yes and no. we are a nation of immigrants, but we've had our troubles in the past. i wouldnt say we've done any better than the rest of the world on this point....just that we've had more practice.

Originally posted by Trent
As for America, it is a tolerant country but i have heard that there are criminal elements in the US immigrant population too. Not sure of the scale but I'm sure they exist.
[edit on 14-12-2005 by Trent]

yes, we are having a particularly nasty problem with venezualan gangs right at the moment, especially on the east coast, and if the police and politicians dont do something about it very soon, i could see the same sort of rioting here...only it would be anti-hispanic instead of anti-muslim.

You are correct in what you wrote, above, except for one thing: there is no such thing as an "hispanic." That was a word thought up or at least used by (sorry) the democrats to help them put people into groups, so they could pander to them.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by zappafan1]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The other gangs/groups you mention are not the main part of the origins of what started the riots, ive never read of these other Organizations Gang raping/planning suicide attacks/beating lifeguards and other racially motivated attacks.

So U don't see them as a threat as U do the arab gangs and youth ?
I thought this topic was "the origins of mob violence in Sydney" I was not referring only to the riots in my first paragraph, but why U failed to address them too. I think that it is clear why. Just come clean and admit the prupose of this thread was to arab-bash further.

As for your suggestion of it being every ethnic group vrs White, how ridiculous, every ethnic group in Australia has the same freedoms and the same things to protect. And generally every ethnic group and skin colour get along just fine here.

With the exception of Australian arabs and white Australians right ?
There is tension among other race groups, I assure U, I have been a part of it and I have seen it as a teen myself, as an adult I am now and especially as a bouncer. I have seen ALOT... or are we still just focusing our energy on the arab 'problem' ?

Oh and the people who initiated the rioting arnt the people you think they are , the people who initiated the original rioting are the violent criminals who Gang raped, racially attacked Australians, planned terrorist bombings, Publicly announced support for Osama bin laden, attacked life guards and generally created a racial divide in Australian society like no other seen before.

Wrong. It was in fact the white youth who initiated the riots. Are you still going to disagree with this very obvious fact ? All you are doing is trying to justify their actions. They are not justifiable, sorry. Ask majority of Australia and the world.
The riots are what happened last weekend just to clarify.

The violence in the years, months, days , hell minutes, prior to the riots can be put on the arab youth causing problems in Sydney, I grant U that. But don't try place the blame of the actions of those drunken idiots last weekend on the arabs. They did not physically pull them up from their binge drinking session and tell them to go attack innocent people. For all the bad they may do they didn't turn the eyes of the world onto us in utter disgust, no matter how far out of their way people will go to rubbish arabs these days.

And the people who didnt prevent this riot from happening are the Police and politicians who are so scared of being labled racist that they adopted a treat them softly policy towards ethnic criminals.

Agreed. Start writing your letters to your local state official to do something about that (assuming U live in Sydney)

The police in Melbourne aren't scared to go open a can of whoop ass on anybody starting trouble here, no matter the color of their skin.
I befriended a heap of cops in our local areas when I was a teen, they talked to us and we talked to them. It's called communication.
And if someone effed up we'd call the cops. That's how it works. We had out street fights, hell yeah, but we usually solved things ourselves.
Why should Sydney have special treatment ? It happens everywhere, how the men and women of your state deal with it is on them. If they don't think gang violence in your area is an issue, I would seriously suggest moving. Unless U like living in a ghetto.

Denial isnt just a river in Eqypt.

that's so ... cute

but it's actually The Nile

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Im sorry Imjaded, i just cant agree with you saying the Whites initiated this riot.

I beleive it was the racist Lebanese committing ethnically motivated crimes prior to the riot which set it off.

I am in no way justifying the white youths who attacked people because of skin colour, the ones who attacked innocent people are also violent criminals.

You try telling the 14 year old girl who was pinned down and systematically gang raped by Lebanese youth for hours and continually screamed at "you deserve this Aussie pig" "you are a slut", that it was white Australian's who launched this ethnic battle.
www.smh.com.au...

So i guess we need to agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Edited post decided to add to it and submit as op ed

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Im sorry Imjaded, i just cant agree with you saying the Whites initiated this riot.

I beleive it was the racist Lebanese committing ethnically motivated crimes prior to the riot which set it off.

I am in no way justifying the white youths who attacked people because of skin colour, the ones who attacked innocent people are also violent criminals.

You try telling the 14 year old girl who was pinned down and systematically gang raped by Lebanese youth for hours and continually screamed at "you deserve this Aussie pig" "you are a slut", that it was white Australian's who launched this ethnic battle.
www.smh.com.au...

I understand where U are coming from, I do.
I understand that the tension between the 2 groups has been ongoing, I understand that the actions of some of the arab youth there are tasteless to say the least but none of this gives anybody the right to take the law into their own hands and attack people who have had nothing to do with the ongoing violence and crime or them simply because they LOOK like them. That is just ignorant and racist.

U tell me to justify that 14 yr old girl's rape when U are in fact justfying physical assault on strange people just beacuse they look Middle Eastern.

I don't deny that that was awful, a horrific thing no female should go through, but the men who physically did it are responsible, nobody else.

I don't like to ASSume and generalize a whole race of people due to the actions of a few, so yeah we can agree to disagree, I agree with U there

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
quote: Denial isnt just a river in Eqypt.

Imjaded says ...that's so ... cute

------------------------------------

Yeah ... i know

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
In Sydney, there are gangs of Lebanese, Vietnamese, Italian, Japanese, Caucasian...the list goes on.

I believe the growing anti-muslem sentiment and the demonisation of Islam both in the media and in general society has had a lot to do with the kind of tensions we are now seeing flare within Sydney. I think it is obvious that Australian Muslems and for that matter, most muslems in western countries are steadily being descriminated against and are are putting up with anything from funny looks on the street to open verbal harrasment.

I know when i'm on a train and see someone obviously from the the middle east, perhaps wearing a turban/ burka etc i can't help but wonder.... It's a sad state of affairs that has created a situation where westerners are increasingly more suspicious of Islam and it's followers, based on the iresponsible and destructive behavour of the extreme few.

Please remember that a lot of these riots were instigated by White supremisists ( spelling! ), I believe that the lebanese we are dealing with here were not prepared to back down and are fighting this public discimination the only way they know how...offensively. Unfortunatly they are only making matters worse....

Is Australia's immigration policy at fault? i think not...Does there need to be more open dialogue between Australia's Islamic population and the community at large? Yes. Do the Sydney police need to deal harshly with all rioters and gangs regardless as to ethnicity? Yes. Does the community accept with open arms Sydney's widely respectfull Islamic community and emphasise the fact that they are not second rate residents? Absolutely.

Will all this happen? We can only hope.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

www.smh.com.au...

I understand where U are coming from, I do.
I understand that the tension between the 2 groups has been ongoing, I understand that the actions of some of the arab youth there are tasteless to say the least but none of this gives anybody the right to take the law into their own hands and attack people who have had nothing to do with the ongoing violence and crime or them simply because they LOOK like them. That is just ignorant and racist.

U tell me to justify that 14 yr old girl's rape when U are in fact justfying physical assault on strange people just beacuse they look Middle Eastern.

I don't deny that that was awful, a horrific thing no female should go through, but the men who physically did it are responsible, nobody else.

I don't like to ASSume and generalize a whole race of people due to the actions of a few, so yeah we can agree to disagree, I agree with U there

Your accusations are quite offensive i have no where justified attacks on innocent people of middle eastern appearance, one of my closest friends on this planet is Eqyptian heritage and looks.

So please realise that im not offering justification of these acts but what i perceive as the true origins of it.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

OK plenty of people are trying to place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the native Australians who went on a drunken rampage, but you NEED to see the origins of this problem.

For about two decades Australians have tolerated an escalating amount of violent middle eastern crime.

Oh man, and here was me worrying about all that racist violence by Vietnamese gangs in Cabramatta and all the time it was the "Lebs" who were causing all the problems, assassinating local pollies and whatnot...

I do place the blame for the violence at Cronulla beach squarely on shoulders of the "white" Australians who went on a drunken rampage.

No SMS campaign equals no drunken bogans draped in the flag looking for trouble. Then there would be no campaign by the "Lebs" to get their mates in to defend each other.

If the "white" (not "native", they're "black") Australians had gone on a protest march to the town hall to demand action, which is legal, they would have been on tv and made a much more effective statement. And the general public would have supported them, instead of spurning them and their actions and attitudes. And they could have had Ray, Lawsy, Jones and co interviewing them and giving them full support.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

How do you know that a rampaging mob of black men isn't majority Nation of Islam?

If America is so good at assimilating foreigners, what do you call La Cosa Nostra? And why are the Minutemen down on the border? And how are you doing with the Hmong? And who are those guys running around with white sheets on their heads? And why are you exporting your gang problems to central America?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

quote: Denial isnt just a river in Eqypt.

Imjaded says ...that's so ... cute

------------------------------------

Yeah ... i know

lol I know U know dear, t'was a joke. Was tryna lighten up our debate here.

Mayet
on your post, U broke it down quite nicely

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join