It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman is a known Ufologist. He's quite respected in the world of UFology. But it seems that many don't care for him due to him being very vocal about hoaxers and liars such as Bob Lazar. What do many of you think of him. What is his background other than him being a Nuclear Physicist? I admit that I am a fan of his but I did a lot of reading and it seems he's made a bit of a career calling out the frauds I see no problem in this...any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Right now I must admit I am somewhat disapointed in him.

I sent him a very professional email tip - to his self advertised contact email address - and I never even got so much as a form letter back from him months later.

The tip was that he should investigate Joseph Gutheinz who was a very legit NASA insider who has made some big claims against NASA regarding hidden alien bodies to UFO magazine.

I even included the link to our research thread here regarding him:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I told Mr. Freidman that I believed he was an excellent person of interest because he has a long, legitamate resume that shows his close ties to NASA, he is now teaching as a professor and can be easily reached, and because he makes specific claims about specific locations that could be verified by independant researchers as true or false.

Why Mr. Freidman did not follow up on my lead, when he supposedly has followed up on several anonymous leads in the past honestly perplexes me.

I think it shows a lack of respect for the work we ameteur UFOlogists do here at ATS and on other websites across the Interent.

If I ever get the chance to meet the man I will tell him as much.

Perhaps someone else here might write him an email about Joseph Gutheinz and the added peerp pressure might influence him to devote some resources to the case.

Any help from y'all would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Wow I would think he'd be all over a heads up! He seems to be a busy guy though , only time will tell, or perhaps he has already exhausted that route and tip already?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
just popped in to add this...

ATS conducted an interview with Mr. Friedman a while back. Search for it. Its a great thread!

-Jared

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
heres the forum with the interviews and questions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres alot of it so it wouldn't be hard to miss.

-Jared

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman received TONS of "Important" E-Mails! Just because you sent one that he did not reply to does not mean he did not read it either.
He is a very busy person if you know anything about him, and he does not spend time in things which he doesnt really see it necessary to.

I think Friedman is doing and has done great things for Ufology and for all of us, with his serious- no BS attitude towards researching UFOs.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Unplugged]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
You know, I saw this post & just had to comment, lol. I'm halfway through reading Stanton Friedman's book "Top Secret/Majic" about Majestic-12 & the alien conspiracy/cover-up & I actually e-mailed him & he responded to My e-mail.

I asked him about something I noticed about the Cutler/Twining memo he refers to in his book, & he said I was wrong about it, but nice try. I'll ask him if I can post his response along with My original e-mail in this thread about him.

Don't want to piss him off, without at least giving him the respect of asking permission first. I'd like to keep e-mailing him, so I'm playing the diplomat in the middle.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
just popped in to add this...

ATS conducted an interview with Mr. Friedman a while back. Search for it. Its a great thread!

-Jared

I loved the fact that ATS got him to answer some question that was really Top notch ATS stuff if you ask me.

I personally like Friedman alot he says alot of stuff im often thinking. One program for example I can remember him and he recieved a FOIA document dealing with a UFO case and something like 75% percent of the document was blacked out. He simply remarked with "Yeah there not hiding anything"

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have read "Top Secret/MAJIC". I fact it was the first UFO related book I got and made a big impression on me.

I get the feeling that in a subject full of debunkers and criticisms he is becoming more aggressive in his mission to get the truth out there. I like the "Challenge to the Air Force" on his website. I see noone has taken him up on the offer.....

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I corresponded quite frequently with Mr Freidman prior to what later led to the ATS-interview and have to say that my impression of him was nothing but positive.

IMHO, it wouldn't be far fetched to assume that Mr Friedman's mailbox receives quite a bit of messages every day - containing questions, leads, personal experiences etc, etc - and can't possibly be expected to swiltly respond to every single one of them. Also, Mr Friedman doesn't have a large staff behind him to help out with such matters – this is something that he does on his own time. So give him a break

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Durden, et al...

Point taken - I guess I just expected him to have some infrastructure for efficently processing email tips if he is going to encourage people to contact him.

Perhaps my email some how got deleted on accident also - I know its easy to do.

Your responses here show that clearly he is not aloof to the ametuer UFOlogy community - and that makes me pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully he won't be offeneded if I send him another email pertaining to the same case, and I would encourage others to write him also regarding this NASA whistleblower as well.

Since Mr. Freidman has shown excellent work in debunking frauds and shysters previously, I think it is important that Joseph Gutheinz be exposed if he is in fact spreading disinfo amongst the UFOlogy community.

And if Gutheinz is not - he may be one of the most important whistleblowers to come along in a very long time.

Either way I would love to see some more work be done on this importatnt case.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thanks guys...I appreciate the replies and the links. BTW I love this site! Finally I have a forum where I can exchange idea with people in the "know", and even the skeptics are a bit welcome.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yeah, I like him. He seems very professional, and seems like somewhat of a sceptic (as much sceptic you can be when believeing in ETs
).

Oh yeah, I've e-mailed him twice and gotten a pretty fast reply both times.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow - that is good to hear.

Do you think I may have been ignored due to using a clearly anonymous generic email address?

I could use another one if necessary.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phood
Oh yeah, I've e-mailed him twice and gotten a pretty fast reply both times.

Yeah, Phood got me in trouble with Mr. Friedman.
Dude, he was vicious, as a matter of fact I recall him using the word "vicious". I was wrong with the information in one of my posts and needed to be straightened out though. It was for the better.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join