It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotine Injector and Bacteria Bioreactor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I've had several interesting ideas about weapons over the last few days and I wanted to share them with you all. These ideas are to do with nanotechnology so I don't know if these will be feasible

I have heard and read that nicotine is a poison even deadlier than cyanide, the only reason it isn't used as a poison is because it cannot be absorbed by target cells properly. To counteract this you could build a nanomachine that would contain a single or very few particles of nicotine. This injector could be very similar to a virus and would seek out cells and inject the nicotine, killing the cell. Or you might be able to GM a bacterium to produce nicotine in a really small form (like how they produce insulin).

The other idea I had was for increasing the effectiveness of biological warfare. This may be completely impractical but it is just an idea, biological warfare isn't presently particular effective because it is indiscrimate (you can't kill what you want to) and because symptoms show an outbreak can be quickly curtailed.

Now you ask, what if there was a way to protect the bacteria until there was enough bacteria to easily overwhelm the body's defenses or only the poisons from the bacteria were spread, well that would make it a lot more effective wouldn't it.

And how would one do this, well I think it could be developed using a bio-reactor (a safe environment for the bacterium) which would consist of several nanostructures inside a non-corroding cylinder. There would be two nanostructures at each end (these structures would resonate and burst/break when exposed to a certain wavelength, depending on their structure, they resonate a different frequencies). Inside the tube would be several dried bacteria copies and an 'essentials' nanostructure.

This combination would give a control of when the target is to be infected, it can be canceled up to the last moment, doesn't give off any warning symptoms and basically makes biowarfare a lot more controllable.

There is however a question of cost.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Why would you want to make Biowarfare more controllable?
Why do people want to make falloutless Nukes?
Why are we so hellbent on destroying ourselves!?!
As a species we put the most ingenuity into killing each other and put the least ingenuity into improving life as a whole. We as a species are Skitzo.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well, a nanoinjector and a bioreactor could also be used for peaceful purposes. The nanoinjector could used to deliver genetic instructions to cells and the bioreactor could be used as an inbody insulin or medicine factory.

I personally think a bioreactor producing serotonin might be of particular interest to you.

I personally think that most military research leads to useful spinoffs and that if we don't develop it 'they will'.

But I guess my ideas were just so brilliant that you could only respond with a rant about the condition. I'm not going to let you take this thread off-topic so quickly, thankyou very much.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatcat2

I personally think a bioreactor producing serotonin might be of particular interest to you.

I dont know why, but I found this sentence extremely funny. Maybe Im reading it the wrong way, but it made me laugh.

No offense sardion

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wondered who would pick up on that but do you have any ideas relating to my ideas mentioned in the first post?

It's interesting that Sardion2000 hasn't come back to this thread, I wonder why?

[edit on 13-12-2005 by fatcat2]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Why would you want to make Biowarfare more controllable?
Why do people want to make falloutless Nukes?
Why are we so hellbent on destroying ourselves!?!
As a species we put the most ingenuity into killing each other and put the least ingenuity into improving life as a whole. We as a species are Skitzo.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by sardion2000]

You can say that again, We all want to do things to improve our lives and on the other hand, we like to destroy each other!, It is in our nature being like that and it cannot change, all creatures are just made to be that way. There are 3 worlds(If you believe in god)

1. Hell: A world full of pain, rage, madness, carnage and other unfriendly things.

2. Earth: A world of both, goodness and evil, as i said before we do things to better things and we destroy at the same time.

3. Heaven: A world of goodness and a place free from suffering and pain and all existing badness.

For some reason, there is a cool thing about being bad, nasty, evil, and anything else on the same line. If you are nice/sweet, your life will be very very hard indeed.

The only way to survive the world is to be a badass mudda yer-self.

After WW1 and WW2, everyone thought there will be no wars but thats were they are wrong, just look at what we have been through since then.

Peace and thereafter is just a 'golden dream' and it will never happen, humans are always going to be malicious and nothing will change an inch.

Someone tell those hippies they are useless and wasting thier time.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Have to agree with you there Browno, the hippies are definitely wasting their time. Isn't it funny how every one of those hippie retreats seems to end up in mass suicide, sexual abuse or some other unhappiness that they were trying to avoid. Bit of a cosmic joke.

BTW, did you have any comment on my ideas?

And yes Sardion2000, we as a species are skitzo, which is why we have to develop these kind of things to kill other skitzos, answer your question?

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
People like those 'hippies' are actually making thier lives MUCH MUCH MUCH WORSE for thier own selves, they were smack-fiends(drug users) that warped thier minds out of the norm, they separate themselves from the big wide world we live in(camping in the woods playing guitars,taking '___' n other substances, not getting washed, wearing smelly secondhand hindu clothes, catching sexual diseases n stuff like that). They were actually making themselves rejects, no wonder they were spat on and left out, its thier own fault for making thier own lives hell!!!!!!!!!!!

You should go up to them and say 'I would like a nice world too but to achieve it, you must be a mean evil mutha of a ruthless homicidal killin machine yourself!!!, you get no where whatsoever being like that!'

Its true, life is a lot better and things will be easier and more fun for you if are a bad evil mutha f++++r yourself.

Believe me, it works ask anyone else. I GUARANTEE!

Never have feelings, they make your life a burden!

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Browno]

new topics

top topics

join