It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Cadets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Ok not the most appropiate place for this but i think you guys might find this pretty amusing/intresting!. Anyway here in the uk there is this show on Channel 4 namely 'Space Cadets', basically what they have done is created a reality show with contestents.

When they joined the show they were told they would be going into space and being trained in russia!, however this is not the case. Channel 4 converted an old disused airfield into a lookalike Star City right down to changing the plugs etc to the Russian type.

The shuttle is totally simulated with hollywood effects being used to show the earth from the cockpit, and i am actually watching the show now i cannot believe they have not caught onto this!. In order to fake them getting to russia they were flown around for 4 hours in the air thinking they were well on there way then they landed at the 'hoax' Star City. It really is pretty damm funny check out the site

www.channel4.com...

btw this is not an advert for the show
i just thought you guys might wanna check this out, afterall it has to be seen to be believed!.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I've seen this!

I can't belive that guy saw canary warf whilst landing and didn't cotton on!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They explained the lack of zero-g by the fact that they have generators that can simulate gravity.... no one noticed.

Even when the one guy gave away that they were still in England by accident no one noticed!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yes I caught a bit of this last night! Looks a good program!

I liked the bit at the end when they had to stop filming, coz a moth managed to find it's way into the studio!
haha a moth floating about in space now that would of been funny! wonder if they'd even clock on to it!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think a lot of people say why dont they cotton on.
Well firstly these peo[ple were chosen to be more suggestible (braindead really)
Secondly all the things that were wrong they were taught inbetween lots of information that was completly true.
And lastly they dont realise things are wrong becasue they arent loopking for something to be wrong, I know it sounds stupid but if you dont look for something to be wrong with something chances are your not gonna find it.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They have weren't told they were applying to go to space, they were applying ot be on a reality tv show. Only once they were tested and proved themselves to be sufficently stupid they were told they were going to russia to train to go into space.

They have joked about it being a trick a few times but never really put it all together. all they need to do is put it all together and they will blow it wide open. I think 75% of the population would have rumbled it already

top topics

join