It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration question deserves attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
First of all, why is it that it took our officials this long to seem to care about our borders? It appears to me that they are just massaging the masses once again, and have no real interest in protecting the boundaries of this country.

I guess this is what I think. I believe that the laws we currently have should be enforced. I have no problems with legal immigration, just the illegal variety which costs our country billions per year.

People don’t realize the health and educational consequences that result from this illegal entrance. I really don’t know all that much about it, but I can feel something just doesn't add up.

I have no solutions, only hopes of a better future.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Perhaps because the elections coming next year and as you have noticed is plenty of unhappy Americans protesting the open borders.

So I guess some are willing to lose the Hispanic Mexican votes in favor to a more none Mexican majority.

Funny ha.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think that is what happens when the politicians spend more time watching their poll numbers instead of actually doing the job we sent them to do. Instead of just taking care of the problems, the problems end up sitting until they get so bad that the public reacts....then it's oh, oh....we better do something!!! our jobs are at stake!!

unfortunately, it seems that we, the people, really don't know what we want, not to mention, what we need. more than likely if we do close the borders to the illegals, we will hear alot of griping about the higher costs incurred by having to hire employees legally. can't please everyone all the time......although the politicians seem to be give it a good shot!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Aside from all the bull. THEY ARE HERE BREAKING THE LAW BY BEING IN OUR COUNTRY ILLEGALY PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SO WHAT EVER THE ARGUMENT IS I DO NOT GIVE A RATS ASS. THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALY AND THEREFORE ARE BREAKING THE LAW... MY CHILDRENS SCHOOLS ARE OVER RUN WITH THEM AND IS IS A SHAME. NO EXSCUSES. I WENT TO MEXICO ONCE AND MOST TOLD ME THERE GO HOME WHITE PEOPL DO NOT BELONG HERE.GO HOME THEY SAID...THEY DO NOT WANT YOU IN THEIR COUNTRY AND THAT IS A FACT..SHIP ALL OF THEM HOME NOW. IF THEY RETURN LOCK THEM UP FOR A LONG TIME IN CAMPS RIGHT AT THE BORDER..FEED THEM BREAD AND BEANS AND WATER AND IT WILL COAST VERY LITTLE.IF THEY WERE LOCKED UP FOR OVER A YEAR MOST WOULD NOT COME BACK. WE ARE FED UP WITH THE WE HAVE KNOW RIGHT TO CLOSE OFF ARE BORDERS

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Aside from all the bull. THEY ARE HERE BREAKING THE LAW BY BEING IN OUR COUNTRY ILLEGALY PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SO WHAT EVER THE ARGUMENT IS I DO NOT GIVE A RATS ASS. THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALY AND THEREFORE ARE BREAKING THE LAW... MY CHILDRENS SCHOOLS ARE OVER RUN WITH THEM AND IS IS A SHAME. NO EXSCUSES. I WENT TO MEXICO ONCE AND MOST TOLD ME THERE GO HOME WHITE PEOPL DO NOT BELONG HERE.GO HOME THEY SAID...THEY DO NOT WANT YOU IN THEIR COUNTRY AND THAT IS A FACT..SHIP ALL OF THEM HOME NOW. IF THEY RETURN LOCK THEM UP FOR A LONG TIME IN CAMPS RIGHT AT THE BORDER..FEED THEM BREAD AND BEANS AND WATER AND IT WILL COAST VERY LITTLE.IF THEY WERE LOCKED UP FOR OVER A YEAR MOST WOULD NOT COME BACK. WE ARE FED UP WITH THE WE HAVE KNOW RIGHT TO CLOSE OFF ARE BORDERS

top topics

join