It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting... Proof the govt was behind anthrax scares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
(CNN) -- The widow of the Florida man who became the first victim of the 2001 anthrax attacks filed suit Wednesday against the federal government, claiming that lax security at a U.S. Army lab led to his death.

...In the lawsuit, Stevens said the anthrax that killed her husband was of the same strain as anthrax produced at the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland.

www.cnn.com...

Sooo... evidently the anthrax involved in the deaths was from a strain that was manufactured by the United States Government... Proof that they had a hand in it?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have read numerous articles (links I can't, but will find) about this topic. I mean America has the most biological weapons out of anyone anyways and if you take a look at the notes in the anthrax letters they are ridiculous. I'll find the link to this story that went into great deatail about this.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i'm not trying to be combative, but you can't put a question mark after "proof".
overwhelming evidence is better.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'd say it at least proves somebody involved in the government sent out the anthrax. Though it does not implicitly allow for blame to fall on a large group of people within the government. It could have been a single rogue individual.

However, the letters got sent to a number of politicians and media people interested in what really happened at 09/11/01. Perhaps these were a warning by a large group of people bent on shutting them up. Seems to have worked fairly well.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is connected to another article on this dated, February 15, 2003:
"Widow of Anthrax Victim Files $50 Million Suit Against Government"
Link:
www.foxnews.com...

I thought a lawsuit was filed for her long ago. Making the same claim?

I also thought The mail slot at the main Boca Raton P.O. was found to be contaminated?
The AMI letter (or parcel, or whatever it was) was apparently mailed locally, in Boca Raton.

I would agree that Mrs. Stevens needs some closure to this....some answers need to be given.

Thought: I wonder if the FBI ever considered the possibility that this was the guy who did it. After all, he was the first to die, and the other letters arrived at northeast destinations within a few days thereafter. They never found the putative Florida letter, but the office building was contaminated beyond belief. There was oddly no contamination at any of the Florida post offices, though, even though the other letters left a trail of anthrax at all of the post offices which they went thru. To me, it suggests that someone in the building at which this guy worked was behind it.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Isn't this old news? Not the lawsuit, but where the anthrax came from.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I thought it had already been established that the antrax came from a government lab in the USA?

Wasnt there a huge scream over lab security after they discovered that?

top topics

join