It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under the No Child Left Behind Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
well ive never heard of this i am canadian and it kinda scares me to know what they got in store here. apparently there allowed to see school records for recruitment in the army. and it is a smart move on a militaries part but quite the invasion of privacy if i do say myself. its like i would be already preselected to fight. ... so u can take ur self off the list but its not like they gave prior notice to your personal profile they just take it
heres the link to any one who wants to remove it if your in school or have kids in school
www.militaryfreezone.org...
so if any one else knows about this especially in canada drop a line. ide like to know what else they got up there sleeves

this is the act i think www.ed.gov...

[edit on 12-12-2005 by EwoK DEliGHt]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Its not an invasion of privacy if it is public school as it is a government run instutution. I belive there has been a Supreme Court ruling on recruiters in schools and universities. I'm gonna have to find some info on it before I can be sure, when I find it, I'll post it. And its very smart on the militaries part, they want the best and brightest not the bottom of the barrell, though theyll take em if they can.

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 12/12/2005 by ludaChris]

[edit on 12/12/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yup. NCLB has been a real boon for the big government conservative agenda in so many areas. Kennedy's nice idea to help kids was manipulated and turned into massive federal intrusion on the state's, turning schools upside down, making them turn kids into test takers, little robots for military recruiting, and forcing "schools of distinction" (on the state level) to FAIL on the federal level. It is NOT about not leaving children behind. It's about unfunding the schools and making them fail so they have to pay for vouchers to send kids to religious schools. Just ask Rep. Robin "You need me more than I need you" Hayes.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't see how they can do this, I mean what business does a military have looking through a kids file?

It's one thing, when you go to see the Recruiter, or sign up for the military, but if I have a 6 year old in school, they can go rooting in his file?

That's bull# if you ask Me.

new topics

top topics

join