It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I do wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
After putting it off for a good long time I finally edited my mini profile, adding in some original artwork and stuff. Anyway, I must've done somthing wrong because my picture is squished while everyone else's works just fine. At least, this is the way it appears on my screen. If it's screwed up on your screen you can tell. What have I done wrong and how can I fix it?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Are you using 1024x768 screen format? That's what ATS is optimized for.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Were you wanting to add a background image or avatar?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Do you know what the pixel dimensions were of the file you uploaded as your BG image??

It does look like its overlapping a bit....

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Pretty sure you added a background image, not an avatar, which you meant to.

The simple solution is to create an avatar that you don't mind having over that piece of art. Like more art.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok, I think I'm understnding what I did wrong, What I wished to do was add an avatar, but I wanted to use the whole picture as I see others doing, perhaps I have made a very noobish mistake. I wanted the whole picture, who's width is under 800 pixels, to display along the side. It appears as though the picture is set as a background. So I should place the image as an avatar, and delete the background image then replace it with a solid color? BTW Thanks for all the help!

What are the maximum pixel sizes and file sizes for avatars? Should I pick somthing much smaller?

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Shadowflux]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
What are the maximum pixel sizes and file sizes for avatars?

Maximum = 160x320 pixels and 75k

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Go here to see my post on how to resize images.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Download the tools and play around with the formula awhile and you'll see how easy it is.

[edit on 2005/12/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for all the help, I'm a (self proclaimed) Photoshop expert so my only difficulties seems to be that I thought I could do somthing I couldn't. I work 40 hours a week so it should take a couple days for me to fix it, I'm just going to choose some artwork I like and have a solid color background underneath it.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sweet, let us know how it turns out.

top topics

join