It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now we know where Russia stands!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ivanova

Originally posted by Ivanova

The Russian Orthodox Cross
atop Russian Orthodox Churches
has a crescent moon at its base...
this moon symbolizes Islam.

Ok, no one caught my mystical reference...
and the mods deducted 20 points for me
posting this

In Islamic, al-Qaeda means the base

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Leaving religious symbolism aside for now:

I don't see what Russia is doing as any different to anything the US has done.

The US cultivated Islam when Russia invaded Afghanistan - creating Al Quida, either by design or accident, along the way

The US has trained the torturers of brutal repressive regimes to further their geo-political aims. It has flooded areas of the world with weaponry for the same reasons.

Russia hardly has a monopoly on hypocrisy!

The US 'ally' Pakistan was responsible for the export of enabling nuclear technology and know-how to Iran - not Russia

To denigrate the Russian stance as just 'anti-American' shows IMO a lack of reality and critical thinking. Russia is just seeking to improve its position in the current situation.

The Cold War is over - McCarthy's dead (?) please stop trying to resurrect them both!

Putin maybe untrustworthy and have links to Secret Agencies but he's hardly alone among World leaders is he?

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
I think is more than money, but about sphere of influence. Think about it, the US has much more influence in this region than Russia does, and I think Russia would like a pice of that action. Thats just my opinion, doesnt seem to be much out there on this yet.

Ever heard of "The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives" by Zbigniew Brzezinksi published in 1997.

This is THE seminal work on the US blueprint for dominating Central Asia:

"...The last decade of the twentieth century has witnessed a tectonic shift in world affairs. For the first time ever, a non-Eurasian power has emerged not only as a key arbiter of Eurasian power relations but also as the world's paramount power. The defeat and collapse of the Soviet Union was the final step in the rapid ascendance of a Western Hemisphere power, the United States, as the sole and, indeed, the first truly global power...” (p. xiii)

"... But in the meantime, it is imperative that no Eurasian challenger emerges, capable of dominating Eurasia and thus of also challenging America. The formulation of a comprehensive and integrated Eurasian geostrategy is therefore the purpose of this book.” (p. xiv)

β€œIt is also a fact that America is too democratic at home to be autocratic abroad. This limits the use of America's power, especially its capacity for military intimidation. Never before has a populist democracy attained international supremacy. But the pursuit of power is not a goal that commands popular passion, except in conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public's sense of domestic well-being." [9/11?]

www.wanttoknow.info...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

It would still be better than that Catholic nut they got over in the While House.

Ummm.....who would that be?

BTW - the Eastern Orthodox churches are about as close to Catholicism as you can get, the only difference being they have their own leaders (as oppossed to the Pope).

Now I have to say that the Russians I know that support Putin would be horrified to hear that he is going to end up being the return of the Tsar. This would be very interesting.
, well, if it really happened.......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join