It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was King Solomon the Greatest Seer in OT?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
To read the Book of Solomon will give the seeker a fount of wisdom, if one will read it with an open mind, disregarding the pomposity of the KJV.
It contains secrets that are overlooked by the majority.
I posted this in this area, as he was really a man of vast knowledge and gifts of being able to communicate with animals and birds.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've been reading alot of interesting things about King Solomon.

Have any of you read the book "Synchronicity and the Seventh Seal"?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishbrain
I've been reading alot of interesting things about King Solomon.

Have any of you read the book "Synchronicity and the Seventh Seal"?

I have not read it yet..Would you recommend it?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Solomon was a wise and powerful man, that's for sure, but I wish I knew how much to believe when it comes to the legends of his esoteric might.

Some texts would lay the entirety of the Goetia at his feet, and claim that he was master of a vast legion of Demonic entities; I have even heard it said that these creatures were enslaved in the construction of Solomon's temple.

Solomon really stands out amongst ancient magicians; the powers I have heard ascribed to him envy those of Moses and Aaron, and seem to surpass Simon Magus in many cases. The interesting bit is that God didn't seem to have a problem with Solomon's Goetia-esque rites, whereas that sort of thing tends to be strongly frowned upon by the modern Church, and Simon Magus's practice landed him in extremely hot water when he was called a rival of Christ.

But what's a little calling forth the vile inhabitants of the Pit between friends, right?

[edit on 12-12-2005 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Very interesting,, Mayhaps that was where his power came from.
But being David's son, seems strange he would consort with the lower classes, but he got his power and all the world's wealth from somewhere..
Nice research, thanks..

[edit on 12-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Id definately recommend the book if your interested in Solomon and geotia etc.

I think the author purposely makes the book seem ridiculous and fictional but it contains all sorts of strange and little known facts.

Cug

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Some texts would lay the entirety of the Goetia at his feet, and claim that he was master of a vast legion of Demonic entities; I have even heard it said that these creatures were enslaved in the construction of Solomon's temple.

::snip::

The interesting bit is that God didn't seem to have a problem with Solomon's Goetia-esque rites, whereas that sort of thing tends to be strongly frowned upon by the modern Church,

Really those two statements are related. The Goetia (and the rest of the Keys of Solomon for that matter) were created sometime in the middle ages. Why did the attribute the books to Solomon? Simply because they were afraid of the Church.

If they would of claimed the books for themselves they would risk being called a heretic and punished as so. Now if they claim to merely be translating an old book and not expressing a belief in what was written in the book they would have a much lesser chance of being called heretics. Another reason they used Solomon's name is that it creates a provenance that gives the book some credibility in the eyes of the reader.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I found this link which is very telling.
If he was into such as this, then I have no use to speak of it.
How can a man be called GREAT when he has legions of demons at his command?
This thread may as well be dead unless I can find some inherent GOOD is this man

ars-goetia.iqnaut.net...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A King would not be a seer.

The heads of the tribe of Gad were seer to the Kings of Israel.

There is a supposed missing book of the Bible called The Words of Gad the Seer recently discovered.

Gad told King David what God said.

1 Chronicles 21

9 And the LORD spake unto Gad, David’s seer, saying,

10 Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

11 So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee

12 Either three years’ famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.

13 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
now im sorry to be like this but the animal communication thing happened to catch my attention does any1 have some good links?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
now im sorry to be like this but the animal communication thing happened to catch my attention does any1 have some good links?

I had a link, but cannot find it now..
This is a poem that describes it.

There was never a king like Solomon,
Not since the world began,
Yet Solomon would talk to a butterfly,
As a man would talk to a man
~ Rudyard Kipling

Here is a good link..
www.viewzone.com...

[edit on 13-12-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There's a lot of complexity to King Solomon's life. Much can be learned about through freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by declair
There's a lot of complexity to King Solomon's life. Much can be learned about through freemasonry.

Yes, I know that the Book of Solomon tells all..

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Declair;

I was not trying to be a know it all, just that I was told things that women are not 'supposed' to be privy to.

Btw, still waiting on your answer to the question on the hypnosis thread..

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Declair;

I was not trying to be a know it all, just that I was told things that women are not 'supposed' to be privy to.

Btw, still waiting on your answer to the question on the hypnosis thread..

I have never read the book, but should to see if there are any parallels with freemasonry. Most of the men that are initiated into lodges haven't a real clue to the spiritual aspect of King Solomon's life. I have read much about the allegory, but I think there is more to it than meets the eye.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Some of King Solomon's amazing feats such as controling demons and spirits are attributed to him with the help of a "Magic Ring" AKA "Seal of Solomon"

According to a wide variety of historical sources God apparently gave this signet ring to Solomon.

www.aeragon.com...

Pretty interesting stuff magic rings and all.

Gives new meaning to "One ring to rule them all"

[edit on 25-1-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
siriuslyone, when you refer to the Book of Solomon, do you mean Proverbs, or Wisdom of Solomon (Apocrypha), or is it another book altogether?

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Rock Lobster]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Some of King Solomon's amazing feats such as controling demons and spirits are attributed to him with the help of a "Magic Ring" AKA "Seal of Solomon"

According to a wide variety of historical sources God apparently gave this signet ring to Solomon.

www.aeragon.com...

Pretty interesting stuff magic rings and all.

Gives new meaning to "One ring to rule them all"

[edit on 25-1-2006 by ShadowXIX]

Hmmm..This reminds me of Lord of the Ring.

Wasnt the evil guys name similar to Solomon?

I thiink it was Saramon or something like that.

Were does it say Solomon controoled demons?

Was this the times when the Kings of Israel did what was bad in the eyes of the Lord?

The bible mentions how they put there children thru the fire..and also they obserevd times..does that mean time travelled?

Intresting thread

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420

Were does it say Solomon controoled demons?

Well theres many different stories were Solomon controls spirts/Demons/Jinn Whatever you like to call them. Solomon in the Quran where he is called Sulayman is said to control a hosts of hidden beings (i.e., jinn).

Surah 34 (Saba):12 “And unto Solomon [We made subservient] the wind: its morning course [covered the distance of] a month’s journey, and its evening course, a month’s journey. And we caused a mountain of molten copper to flow at his behest; and [even] among the invisible beings there were some that had [been constrained] to labour for him by his Sustainer’s leave – and whichever of them deviated from Our command, him would We let taste suffering through a blazing flame –: they made for him whatever he wished of sanctuaries, and statues, and basins as [large as] great watering-troughs, and cauldrons firmly anchored.”

Jinn or Genie as most in the west know them are in themselves are a interesting topic being that share a invisible world that parallels our own. In acient text

Theres other accounts I have read where these demons even build his great Temple, they did all types of things for him.

In the "Legend of Solomon and Thabor” circa 10th Century I believe. Solomon forced demons to cut stones for and build the Temple. The demons worked during the night they were so noisy the King of Thabor planned to wage war on Solomon but once he realized Solomon controled demons he abandoned his plans

In the "The Mandean Ginza" which dates to the early 2nd century it also claims Solomon had the power over demons. Other accounts talk about his fame as an exorcist.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
ok let's drop the "oh it's a demon and therefore it's evil" christian routine. Sirius you talk about keeping an open mind, but as soon as "demons" show up you show your true nature. All the good things are suddenly difficult to see because he is active with demons. Very shallow...

There are many books pertaining Solomon. He was a man who pleaded and prayed and an angle appeared in front of him. This being gave Solomon wisdom as well as the Solomon Ring/Seal. That is the version you can find when you read the Keys of Solomon. He also comes back in many myths and even within the Gathas of Zarathustra.

You can find his good nature and wisdom in the story of two women who claim to be the mother of the same child. Solomon then orders the child to be cut in half so that each woman would have half. In his mind he already knew that the real mother would rather give the child up instead of it being done harm. This is how Solomon found out who the real mother was.

He also lived in harmony with nature and gained a lot of knowledge from it. After all nature is a great resource of information. Solomon could communicate with animals and command beings with his ring.

First we have to keep in mind that many things written in old manuscripts rarely talk about things how they truly were. The people in those days liked to make things more juicy and talk with a lot of symbolism. You really think Solomon commanded demons to build his temples and other buildings? What if these people were so drive and dedicated for their work which made it seem as if they had demonic craftsmanship and willpower and patience? I know I'd be impressed and would wonder "what if he had an army with such driven and skilled people?"

Even if they were real demons, so what. Demons aren't evil by definition nor are angels good by definition. Good and Evil are subjective to the individual anyway. There is no universal right or wrong...things just are untill you pass judgement upon it by using your personal set of moral values. Every wonder what Jezus meant by don't pass judgement unless ye want to be judged? Well this is what he meant.

If you practice Goetia you'll figure out not to give a damn about hierarchic ranks. You'll look at the personality traits of each demon and you'll see that they are actually quite helpfull and they don't lie as often as people assume. They're only projecting their own fears and shortcomings on an external source instead of looking for the origin of those thoughts within themselves. Remember Free Will and how NOTHING can force you to do anything? Stop blaming other beings and other people and take #ing responsibility for your own thoughts and actions.

I seriously doubt that Solomons Gold refers to his financial situation, but is rather a symbolic way of mentioning how his personality is. Just like the alchemy transformation of Lead into Gold refers to the basic ego of an individual and using the 9 Great Works to transform it into the Golden soul of enlightentment. Lead into gold is just for fools who seek material richess and don't know what life is truly worth. In many images you see people, birds, dragons wearing golden crowns which refer to enlightentment.

Same for him "controlling" people and beings. How about being so benevolant and wise that people were willing to do a lot for him? Just like people were so willing to help Jezus and Boeddha and any other "holy" man that walked the earth? There have been many messengers besides Jezus and co.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Enyalius]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join