It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mements theroy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Time is a constant, it exists with mathematics. "Real" time is only one moment, not 24 hours a day like your TV and watch say. That kind of time is only based on averages of the rotation of the earth in proportion to the sun and our perception of when it rises and sets. Divideing the time the sun takes to come to the same position a year later, we have named 365 days a year 24 hours a day 60 minutes an hour, 60 seconds a minute. Its all math and classifications and schedule. Real time lasts only as long as it lasts. Something may have seemed to take a long time, about a half hour, but it only took 15 minutes on your watch. What you felt was real, time passed slower than your watch for you at that moment. Real time is a constant, one, everlasting wave.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If I am doing something very exciting then time seems to speed up and if I am doing something incredibly boring, time seems to slow down. This is as you mention above. Now If Im doing something very exciting for an hour while you are doing something excrutiatingly boring for an hour and then decide to meet for lunch what would happen? We would not suddenly be out of sync with one another, we would meet and experience the event simultaneously.

I think what you mention above has more to do with the minds perception of time in relation to an activity which it is doing.

join