It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Files episode on tonight (12/12/05)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
UFO Files: Mexico's Roswell
Monday, December 12 @ 8pm ET (TONIGHT!!!)

*On the History Channel*

"Coyame, Mexico is a small town not far from the US border. It's home to three thousand people and possibly the best-kept secret of all-time. In August of 1974, the USA military was tracking a mysterious object over Mexico; then suddenly it disappeared from radar near Coyame. At the same time a civilian plane headed in the opposite direction is reported missing. What follows next is the stuff Hollywood blockbusters are made of: a crash site, a spacecraft, dead bodies, a covert recovery mission, and a government cover-up. Is this the story of the century, or just a piece of Mexican folklore? Over the last 15 years, Mexico has experienced an unprecedented UFO wave. While the sheer volume of encounters garners attention, it's the apparent quality, or credibility, of these incidents that has our attention. Through interviews with witnesses and experts we examine the evidence, and controversial footage released by the Mexican military reveals never before seen video."

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I don't have the History Channel, but I've never heard of this case before. It sounds interesting, I'd better read up on it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There's a bunch of these coming up like Brazil's Roswell, Britian's Roswell, China's Roswell, Russia's Roswell, ect.

Tonight it's Mexico!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Can't wait to see this one! So far, the History channel's presentation of the various topics they've covered has been very good. Not too slanted either way, although perhaps they could ask some harder questions of their own evidence. To their credit, it's hard to do any of the truly interesting stories in an hour.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Damn, I've read up on it briefly and it sure was interesting. Only thing I missed were sources for those incredible claims.
Keep us updated after the show!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i still have yet to catch one of these episodes even though I see your topics every week about them.

Going to have to try and remember tonight

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Post a sticky note on your toilet seat or on your computer desk to remind yourself.

Can't wait to catch this new episode and the ones to follow over the next week or so. Less than 2 hours until show time!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What about for people who miss it.. is there some download thing or dvd set perhaps coming out in the next century?

Yuriko

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think you can purchase the DVD of the show fairly shortly after the show airs. If you go to www.historychannel.com and type "ufo files" into the search slot all the show listings will come up and to the left it will show you which episodes you can purchase.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I think you can purchase the DVD of the show fairly shortly after the show airs. If you go to www.historychannel.com and type "ufo files" into the search slot all the show listings will come up and to the left it will show you which episodes you can purchase.

Holy crap! 25 bucks for each episode?

Anyone running a black market ufo file sale?

Yuriko

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How do you think the UFO aliens from Mexico will get to the USA, hole in the fence or over the wall?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty good. I would have liked to see more of the recent footage and for longer periods of time.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was a tad disappointed. The show didnt have much on Coyame. Just rumor. They shoulda called the show "UFOs over Mexico".
I give em an A for overall presentation.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes - The main case for the show had very little evidence at all presented for it.

Now as for the more recent case of the military releasing infrared footage of their UFO encounter - I thought they covered that pretty well - and made the "Oil Rig" theory seem pretty shakey.

I've always thought the "Oil Rig" explanation was very insulting considering these are professionally trained military pilots who often patrol in this area.

And it completely ignores the fact that they were tracking something on radar in the first place.

I also found it highly suspicous how many news outlets and even popular magazines rushed out to debunk the Mexican Military case very very quickly when it came out - maybe that was because of its high profile - but it always felt a little bit fishy.

(and yes I know this case has been argued to death previously on ATS)

Overall I'd give the show a B+ for effort and a C- for evidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i finally got around to watching one of these.

I found it pretty interesting that the mayans predicted that a "brother of the stars (something to that effect)" would show up during that lunar eclipse in mexico in the 90s.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yes that was - but I think you have to take that with a grain of salt when interpreting ancient cultures.

I mean "Brother of the Stars" could mean a constalation - or even a planetary body to them - which may indeed show up during an eclipse.

And as far as sightings during an eclipse - I think we almost have to throw the evidence out - because the argument that it could be starts or planets showing up during the event is often very hard to rule out.

I prefer not to give the skeptics any more ammunition than they already have.

The were plenty of other day time sightings that could not be dissmissed so easily.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
it was a good show...it figures the U.S. Army showing up and stealing the craft....it clearly was in Mexican territory and not in U.S. territory......the Mexican Gov. should have put up a stink over the theft of the craft....

top topics

join