It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Propaganda: Are you falling for it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yes Benevolent Heretic you would be right in saying that propaganda ,"There's nothing wrong with propaganda per se. But when it's used to further divide an already divided nation and to slander anyone with a different opinion, it's less than effective for the overall purpose."

I also agree with, "More than ever this country (the US) needs to find common ground and come together as a nation to move forward, not further divide the political parties by calling gradeschool names. "

The problem is that no one can agree on how to go forward and so certain partisan groups use name-calling to try and advance their solution as the way forward. Both parties use this technique and almost every political figure is probably guilty of this. This is the natural consequence of a governing system where everyone has different opinions and public figures have to gain public support.

And marg6043 if you're going to do that I say, "Do you really know what is going on in Iraq or just what your crazy surrender monkey friends are telling you." Two can play at the game but let's not have any more of it as it comes back to the name calling and divisiveness that we should try and avoid it. As I believe Churchill said, "We will move forward together".

And I do know that Iraq is a whole mixed bag of people but I would like to hear where you got those reports of police killing from. There are inter-tribal tensions but with mediation this can probably be prevented. Or we could do what one person said and divided Iraq into three. But the problem with making countries consist of almost only one ethnic group is that this tends to lead to inter-country conflict, which would probably be more be destructive than what we are currently seeing in Iraq.

And what do you mean by this,"Denied ignorance the Pandora box has been open in Iraq and now is not way to close it." I really can't tell what you're trying to say.

And you think Saddam and his mass graves were not examples of inter-tribal conflict. You sound awful like that person on the board who said, "I support Saddam." Almost anything would be better than that brute still being in power.

"Iraq will be an Islamic state, because the majority in Iraq practice Islamic law." Well this stands to reason but what kind of islamic state will it be? If we keep our soldiers there long enough to establish a stable democracy even if it is Islamic in nature then we will have done a service to the people of Iraq.

"Insurgents and Terrorist are the same people that opposed the "Invasion" they are no only feed as "foreigners" but they are also Iraqis." Feed? Yes they are Iraqis in the same sense the London bombers were. Any terrorist that attacks his own countrymen cannot be considered a citizen of that country, he or she is simply a terrorist and should be shot like the dog he or she is.

Let us go forward together in the American spirit, which stands for freedom through strength.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
You people are really living in a dream world...

...President Bush is doing the right thing, its true that American leaders like Howard Dean are WRONG to say things like, "the idea we can win this war is just wrong". Because the fact is we are winning the war, but the democrats are trying to trick the American public into thinking that we are losing...

...even fellow Democrats are telling Howard Dean to "shut up".

-- Boat

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Boatphone]

nobody ever wins a war, people die, get maimed, and suffer.

i think its just that many democrats are sick and tired of having to hear about another downed chopper, blown up humvee, or car bomber mosque. maybe the pressure of war is just a bit too much for some people

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Please stop thinking that Democrats and Republicans are any different. They are pure window dressing or a drop ceiling of reality. When are people going to realize that we merely have the illusion of choice not real choice. Why is it that every President since 1901 has been either a Freemason, a Bonesman, A Trilateralist or a member of the 13 Families.?....because there are no accidents in politics it's all very well orchestrated.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
can i see a breakdown of all the presidents with specific conspiracy related group affiliation?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Go to Illuminati news. They break down the alliances. Most will be Freemasons. Carter was a Trilateralist. Kennedy was a member of the 13 families.Both Bushs are Bonesmen. The American system is based in a fraudulent belief that we are the decision makers here. We don't choose candidates and we don't elect Presidents. There are people allowed into the process and then the electoral party or Supreme court ushers them in.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i tried poking around illuminati news, but i couldn't find the list...

can you please provide a link?

also, what about taft, taft was too lazy to be in any of those groups...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.geocities.com...

Perhaps this will help. Keep in mind Clinton was a DeMoley and a Rhodes Scholar. Two sure signs of NWO prep.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i'm sorry ,YIAWETA, but that link is a site unavailable.

now i'm really edgy to see the info....

please, provide better link, you can u2u it to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Pardon me, I was just wondering:

What could be more belittling to the men and women that serve this country than to send them off to a war with no known purpose.

That's all.

ps. Any person that reads the papers know there was no connection between Iraq and al Qaeda, that Iraq didn't have WMD's, and that Bush was against nation building. And of course, terrorists aren't attacking us because we are free.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by white4life420]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Here are some quotes for the bush suporters.
What you should know
1 The Bush and the binladens are good old friends.

2 Osama's brother still owns a part of the us weapons corporation that makes weapons, chany and bush are also involved so makeing weapons
and seling them makes big bucks(you have a war you have sales very big sales)$$$$$ war is busines.$$$$$ & soldiers just pawns.

Rated serios
Question
Why would you go to iraq?

A I would go to iraq because i like to blow things up and i like to pull the triger.

B I would like to go to iraq because i have no job and no other oportunity
I need money and a military career takes care of colage and pays me so
i got a pay ceck so i can survive.

C I would like to go to iraq because i belive in a cause, i like nothing more
than to free the people of iraq and help them out, i will join the military for that.

Please pick a choise A,B,C
---------------------------------

Some are blind or dont like to admit or for some truth is a luxury
Thank god for ats, on any other forum i would be called a nut.

Rated has not so serios
Now a little hummor regarding the bush matter

A I belive in bush because bush told me he is jesus.
B Bush helped me out he told me when the end of the world is coming.
C Who is bush.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here you go Madness...www.heart7.net...

I really find it astonishing that posters here would not know about this

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
ok, i looked over the site, and a lot of the info is doubtful.

also, it assumes that the council on foreign relations is antiamerican. while i accept certain conspiracy theories, though not to the extremes some others take them, i don't think that the cfr is insidious. also, all info on the bilderberg conspiracy is speculative at best.

most of this is unconfirmed info, and thus, is possibly part of conspiracy to divert focus from another conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
To me it seems that military action is needed only has a last resort.
When you send people out to die you send them knowing it's the right thing knowing there is no other solution
This is not the case for iraq.
1 This war was started intetional for benefits manly oil.
2 No weapons of mass destruction were found.
3 Fake evidence was made up in order for the war to go on and i'm not talking about 911.

Crosing the un when un inspectors said there are no weapons of mass destruction.

Okay it would be nice to say, okay we made a mistake let's get the hell out of here.
Where are the weapons?
OIL OIL OIL MONEY MONEY MONEY and dumb dumb dumb if you join the army to fight a cause that does not exist.

George Bush has his hands dirty with inocent blood sending young kids to get killed there for what? for his wallet , for his big pokets.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You people are really living in a dream world...

...President Bush is doing the right thing, its true that American leaders like Howard Dean are WRONG to say things like, "the idea we can win this war is just wrong". Because the fact is we are winning the war, but the democrats are trying to trick the American public into thinking that we are losing...

...even fellow Democrats are telling Howard Dean to "shut up".

-- Boat

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Boatphone]

when someone dies

we all lose

oh yes; any killing equates to murder

and it only continues the cycle of violence our species cannot seem to shake off

its all pointless, murder

we blew their babys into meat chunks; if you call that winning well, I Dont

every death in war is a huge loss for the Human Race
that person could have studied and learned to cure internet spam or AIDS or something

dude we are like M1a1 tanks crushing toothpicks; our laser guided bombs decimated their homes and their bodys were ripped into shreds instantly

do you call this sanity?
do you call this Winning?
Seriously dude, get back 2 me on that

btw i am NOT a democrat or a republican; im an original styled american
if its Pro-Constitution im all for it
if its agianst the constitution? i consider it Illegal and Treason
technically i think it is

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I belive the latest propaganda are the cartoons.
Do any one think that the people that made the cartoons were influenced in a way to do so?
What can be better than war to brake out.
It would be a thing since people become iritated easy on bolth sides muslims and the west.
We got iritated because of the protests they got iritated because of the cartoons, just a matter of time before war brakes out.
One thing is clear this is strange, i dont recal seeing the cartonists on tv that much, there were few explenations and the focus was once again on the war on teror.
I didint see any interview with the cartoonists expleining well enough what is the reason behind it.
This is just another way of controling the people, I almost felt for it.
This is what I call order out of chaos.
Another cartoonist drew the iranian football team wearing outfits like terorists, after that the carttonist was no where to be found, he just wanted to follow orders i guess, and get the people a little more depresed.

And what is with the thing that says buy danish?
I buy what I want and when ever I want it, it's just that I dont buy this

Buy the setup, be dumb and happy and then we can nuke them all has an excuse.WE NEED OIL HERE WE COME!!!!! or even more pathetic we want their souls for brekfast, we want george old bush to lead us to victory

How pathetic is that?
Now if it would be us against the neadertals i would understand, but it's human beings VS human beings, some one is selling humanity out who ever he is he is a traitor and an enemy to the humman race.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
One thing is clear this is strange, i dont recal seeing the cartonists on tv that much, there were few explenations and the focus was once again on the war on teror.

Excellent observation! They want concentrate on the struggle (jihad) the violence, the fight against free speech! They want to get us all pissed off at each other.

I'm ashamed to say, me too.

And what is with the thing that says buy danish?

And people displaying the Danish flag. Support Denmark! Pick a side! This is war!

some one is selling humanity out who ever he is he is a traitor and an enemy to the humman race.

And he is the puppetmaster of the US government.

Great post.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
muzzleflash,

I hate war it is horrible, but I understand that with the world the way it is sadly, we still need to call on the weapons of war to create positive change in the world. And yes, in the process many are killed...

But we are fighting for a great cause, freedom...I know some will just rip me on this, but in the real world war is needed for change. (sometimes, and sadly).

I support the war effort.

-- Boat

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I know some will just rip me on this...

You're right. I will.

Why is it the responsibility of the United States to spread "freedom" through war? Shall I cite all of the examples where we were the cause of tyranny abroad? Why haven't we spread freedom in CUBA? or KOREA? or CHINA? or dare I say it...even here at home???

And what about the hypocrisy of even suggesting this is a war about freedom?

Bush on Nation Building

Speaking to a cheering crowd in Chattanooga, Tenn., one day before the Nov. 7, 2000, election, George W. Bush repeated a line that had by then been a standard part of the stump speech for many, many months--and one that now seems, in the face of looming U.S. military action in Iraq, quite contradictory.

"Let me tell you what else I'm worried about: I'm worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence. See, our view of the military is for our military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place."

The line was an explicit condemnation of Clinton/Gore foreign policy--specifically that the White House had stretched the military too thin with peacekeeping mission in Haiti, Somalia and the Balkans. President Clinton and Vice President Gore, his Democratic opponent, had strayed from the central mission of the military: to fight and win wars, Bush said.

The only strategic importance of the Middle East to the US is its continued free flow of oil.

You can call a dog a goat all you like, but it's still going to bark.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'm ashamed to say, me too.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I hear many sides of an argument...

and many of you have a great deal of knowlege on the subject...

and many of you are missing some vital pieces.

Though, we are only human, and we can only recall that which we remember.

I remember Bush claiming that Iraq has WMD's.
I also remember our Canadian intelligence reporting that the US's information is flawed, and the Canadian agencies desperately trying to let the US know.
They didnt listen... they knew it was flawed, they pretended they didnt hear us.

I remember inspectors being recalled before they had finished searching.
They found nothing... there was nothing.

I remember Saddam Hussein being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize on American soil for running his country peacefully for ten years straight.
We are now convicting him for what happened prior to those ten years.

I remember terrorist forces in and around Afghanistan mounting up.
I remember them converging on Afghanistan when they heard the Americans were coming there to fight them.
Easier to hit a target on your own soil...

I remember the US heading towards Iraq to fight the Iraqi's... not the terrorists.
I remember the terrorists heading to Iraq because they knew the Americans were going there too.

I see the Iraqi people standing up against the Americans, believing they are defending what is left of their original government... you would do the same for democracy if a dictator invaded the United States.
I see the hatred of americans growing...
I see the terrorists numbers climbing...
I see one BIG mistake, caused by many little mistakes along the way.

As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What frightens me most is that the propaganda is becoming less effective as people begin to awaken to the reality that we've been lied to. I think this might require more al-CIAda terror attacks to subdue the restless public.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join