It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force releases new mission statement: to fly and fight in Air, Space and Cyberspace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The realities of the world have changed dramatically since the creation of the Air Force in 1947 and continue to change almost daily.

Air Force Link

With these changes in mind, Air Force leaders released a new mission statement Dec. 7 that defines the current and future direction of the Air Force.

"Today, our world is fast paced, constantly shifting and filled with a wide range of challenges," Secretary of the Air Force Michael W. Wynne and Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. T. Michael Moseley wrote in a joint Letter to Airmen. "Our mission is our guiding compass, and it must be clearer than ever before."

The mission statement defines the "where and what" the Air Force accomplishes on a daily basis:

The mission of the United States Air Force is to deliver sovereign options for the defense of the United States of America and its global interests -- to fly and fight in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.

The term cyberspace includes network security, data transmission and the sharing of information.

"We have quite a few of our Airmen dedicated to cyberspace ... from security awareness, making sure the networks can't be penetrated, as well as figuring out countermeasures," Secretary Wynne said. "The Air Force is a natural leader in the cyber world and we thought it would be best to recognize that talent."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now, I am somehow puzzled with the "Fly and Fight in Cyberspace" part.

How does the Airforce intend to do that?

And whats that with the "Airforce is the Natural Leader of Cyber World"?

Hello?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

making sure the networks can't be penetrated,

...and making sure they can

I'm pretty much at a loss for words.

Good find, Souljah. Seeing these changes in our society before they have the ultimate impact helps to make everyone aware of what's to come.

The military is encroaching into the lives of regular citizens in many ways. I sometimes wonder what they're giving the soldiers to make them comply...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
aaaaaaah they can just blow me

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
...and making sure they can

I'm pretty much at a loss for words.

Good find, Souljah. Seeing these changes in our society before they have the ultimate impact helps to make everyone aware of what's to come.

The military is encroaching into the lives of regular citizens in many ways. I sometimes wonder what they're giving the soldiers to make them comply...

Thanks B.H.

I am sure that you will find this MOST Interesting then:

Project for the New American Century

The PNAC also proposes to control the new "international commons" of space and "cyberspace" and pave the way for the creation of a new military service—U.S. Space Forces—with the mission of space control. In 1998, Donald Rumsfeld chaired a bipartisan commission on the US Ballistic Missile Threat towards advancement of these goals.

Yep - the Master Neo-Con Plan is taking Shape and Form right in Front of our Very Eyes, and nobody can do jack # to stop it.

I find this PNAC report a very scary one, since many, MANY things listen there already happened. Question only remains, what more is lurking in the Shadows of the information blockade, about which, we have no idea about.

One thing is for sure - these WICKED men do not care for anything, but their own, selfish, corporate, warmonger interests.

[edit on 12/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Im certain you guys are intelligent enough to know that the Air Force is preparing a cyberwarfare...lets say China for example as we have seen in the past by hackers, etc. So dont expect the Air Force to act like the NSA when its more like going to war in air, space, and Cyberspace.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Souljah..

I have a distinct feeling that we will want the airforce to fight in the air, space and cyberspace...
other countries sure are... and we already know that foreign nations have done extensive research into how to hurt the US via cyberwarfare...

it would bode bad for any country at war, to find that all of a sudden, they had no communications, and no computers, not to mention the 4000 dominos pizzas with anchovies and pinapple that were just delivered.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I have a distinct feeling that we will want the airforce to fight in the air, space and cyberspace...

When I read your post (and deltaboy's) I felt a nostalgia and a bit of a sad longing for the days when my first instinct would be that I felt safe and protected to have the military around to do their job...

How sad that today my first thought is cynical instead of grateful.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
All I have to Say is this - a Quote from Mister Benjamin Franklin:

"Those, who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

EDIT: Correcting my Mistake.

[edit on 12/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Excuse me, but whats the problem?

Fighting in cyberspace is a very natural progression for the USAF. Electronic warfare has been an important aspect of air warfare since WWII and the advent of radar.

This is simply an extension of the battleground.

BTW, the USAF is saying this for political posturing, nothing more.

It wants to make sure that it gets as much of the R&D and procurement money as it can, and make sure that a new or other service branch don't out do them.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
All I have to Say is this - a Quote from Mister F. D. Roosevelt:

"Those, who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

What liberty is a US citizen giving up?

What liberty is being infringed upon by the USAF preparing for electronic warfare?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Isnt that the same guy who put a couple of hundred thousand Japanese Americans into a couple of camps in the name of security?
Makes you wonder......

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Excuse me, but whats the problem?

Fighting in cyberspace is a very natural progression for the USAF. Electronic warfare has been an important aspect of air warfare since WWII and the advent of radar.

This is simply an extension of the battleground.

BTW, the USAF is saying this for political posturing, nothing more.

It wants to make sure that it gets as much of the R&D and procurement money as it can, and make sure that a new or other service branch don't out do them.

Perhaps you are Right.

But how do you Define the "Cyberspace"?

The PNAC does a very nice description, that "PNAC also proposes to control the new "international commons" of space and "cyberspace" and pave the way for the creation of a new military service" - how Far is the USAF prepared to go?

The Control over Cyberspace is a whole new Battlefield - and I am not talking about just some hackers from China.

What's going to happen, when the Limits of so-called "Electronic Warfare" get a little Wider?

What IF the "Cyberspace Control" Involved the Removal of all Anti-Goverment Blogs, Sites and the Arrest of those Members (just like it happened in France?)

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Souljah, it depends on where it goes by warfare. Just like in the past, air land and sea warfare have expanded and not just into empty fields but now into areas where innocent civilians live and are put at risk. The battles just go where it goes. Just like in cyberspace.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

This is such crap.

Look man we all know you hate the military, but pulling up stuff like this envokes emotion sure ... but really has no bearing on the situation.

The airforce mission statement says nothing about taking over the internet, your just making a biased inferance.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by noise]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
The battles just go where it goes. Just like in cyberspace.

Maybe.

Cyberspace is a Whole New Battlefield - the Question is how FAR ist das Pentzagon prepared to go...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Cyberspace is a Whole New Battlefield - the Question is how FAR ist das Pentzagon prepared to go...

And the answer is ... You don't know. So stop making silly assumptions.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

ROFL....Ummm.....FDR said that? * Snort *
That would be funny if he did, but let's try old Ben Franklin, a far wiser, and frankly far more politically astute, gentleman:

Ben Franklin

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
That would be funny if he did, but let's try old Ben Franklin, a far wiser, and frankly far more politically astute, gentleman:

Ben Franklin

OOps.

My Bad.

I stand Corrected.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Perhaps you are Right.

But how do you Define the "Cyberspace"?

I am not the most electronically astute person, but in my mind it would involve all electronic communication, or something there abouts.

The PNAC does a very nice description, that "PNAC also proposes to control the new "international commons" of space and "cyberspace" and pave the way for the creation of a new military service" - how Far is the USAF prepared to go?

In short, as far as they have to in order to insure that they will have a clear advantage over the enemy.

The Control over Cyberspace is a whole new Battlefield - and I am not talking about just some hackers from China.

What's going to happen, when the Limits of so-called "Electronic Warfare" get a little Wider?

What IF the "Cyberspace Control" Involved the Removal of all Anti-Goverment Blogs, Sites and the Arrest of those Members (just like it happened in France?)

Frankly, the US has "controled" the internet since it first began.

You your self hold radical anti-american views, an post them regularly.

When was the last time you were arrested for doing that?

The fact is, the US allows free speech, so long as it does not break commonly accpeted laws (such as conspiracy to commit murder).

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana

Ben Franklin

OOps.

My Bad.

I stand Corrected.

LOL No worries! Although I would like to use that in my sig line.....seeing as how neither one of us say those words very often! LOL

/I keed....I keed
//No really ;p

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join