It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geysers in Oklahoma

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
...and? What happened? I cannot find any updates on the geysers. The same is for strange "hot spot" in California. The stories made the news, and simply dissapeared.

Anybody has any updates on these?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a much better thread on this subject with the most current info

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
The same is for strange "hot spot" in California.

I think the California story was pretty well silenced. There was one opinion that was published about it and the opinion was pure nonsense. Even the person who provided the opinion to the press said their hypothesis failed its own tests. That being ancient shale being exposed by a small landslide and the exposed material reacted with the oxygen creating a chemical reaction that generated the extreme heat. But they admit that the temperatures would not have held steady for so long. Los Padres has geothermal activity. So the very existance of this hot spot should come as no shock. The only thing it would be a shock to is the surrounding property values. And there I believe is the reason for a lack of reporting on this.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks for replying. It is amazing how many stories are kept away from the eyes of the broad audience. For whatever reason...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have to agree with Valhall. New Madrid is a sleeping giant and millions of people are at risk.

"They" set up monitors around active sites but I don't believe New Madrid is getting the attention it should have.

Right now "they" should be doing everything possible to watch that thing. But like the levies in New Orleans, since nothing has happened in a long time they'll let sleeping dogs lie. I think that is a big mistake.

These days our disaster response is a "day late and a dollar short".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join