It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I don't Podcast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yeah, 2 minutes

I know I would rather listen to one 30-min podcast over thirty 1-min podcasts any day of the week.

Well, I guess you can't please every... *click*

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, maybe two minutes is a little short.......

Maybe 4 minutes?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
? A 2 minute podcast ?

Hmmmm... 2 minute podcasts ...

A 2 minute podcast wouldn't even make it through the intros of many podder's submissions.

MrWupy's podcasts would consist of an intro with 2 good belly laughs followed by "Love and Light, this is Wupy."

Zedd's would make it to "...the Zedd Show" ... *click*

SO & Springer's "Two out of Three Amigos" ...
[scenario] SO's intro followed by Springer getting queued up on Skype ... a busy signal *click* [/scenario]

Just a note for dialup users ... there's always "Right-Click" "Save As". You can continue to peruse the site while the podcast is downloading, then simply listen to it at your leisure.

Personally, I have always favored the spoken word as opposed to typed text. The [typed] written word lacks the author's vocal inflection and subtle nuances which often times capture the true essence of their intended point.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I guess this thread represents MY OWN bias in favor of the visual.

I prefer the written word to the printed, actually.

Our latest inventory shows us possessing slightly less than 3000 books.

And believe it or not, before I logged onto ATS tonight, I was pricing parchment and vellum supplies for calligraphy. I don't mean vellum papers, either.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey - the bottom line is...there is some great stuff going on from podcasting members. From interesting new takes on the people you know from here to some fabulous music by members, to just plain old fun.

Of course, not to mention a new avenue to stay abreast of the boards and new topics thanks to ATSrogen, oh, and then there's the Skeptic Overview and the 2 Out of 3 Amigos.

Admittedly, mine have been somewhat frivolous, but you need a little of that too - don't we?

Anyway, I find it I better background when I am doing some mundane tasks at the computer to turn on a podcast now then just throw in a CD. I highly recommend it - at least listening.

As for doing one, start with an introduction on BTS, horse around (listen to CPR's to see how you can change your voice after recording it).

You know you wanna do it!

[edit on 12/14/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I remember why I don't podcast now, because it is so rare that I use the spoken word, that I am out of practice. I trip over my tounge just about every other word, and thus come out sounding like a moronic monkey (no offence, Mirth
)
As if I don't sound bad enough when I'm typing

There you go, I have a reason.

--Kit.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Down With RambleCasts!

[Majic glances around nervously and loosens his tie.]

Yeah, some of the podcasts get rather lengthy, and I'm a habitual offender in that department.

However, length is one of the traits members can look at before listening to a podcast.

If you don't have time, don't listen, and I swear I won't mind. Honest.

No, really!

Like many of my fellow podcasters, I'm still "exploring the podcast space" and learning as I go. Experimenting with scripts, or notes, or not using scripts, or bumper music and gimmicks are all part of that process.

Ultimately, I keep finding myself going back to just jabbering into a microphone to my heart's content.

Some people may like that, others may not, and it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

I get paid the same either way.

For what it's worth, I'm starting to lean toward shorter podcasts.

As the saying goes, it's not the size of the podcast, but the Majic in it.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I avoid the podcasts because my Ipod was stolen during my most recent trip to the USA :shk: and it just brings up painful memories to go to that section
lol

seriously, it's because I sound like Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) remixed with Barry White .. and I'm female!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
seriously, it's because I sound like Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) remixed with Barry White .. and I'm female!

That has potential to be really really sexy.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

where's the blushing emoticon ?

lol I do get husky sometimes though, had to actually stop working in call centres due to the harrassment I'd get on the phone. I could ignore it to a point but it's not something one needs to deal with all the time at work.

maybe one day I will make one

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sometimes I Worry About Amory

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

"Crikey! Darlin'..."

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Hey, I sound like I should be pluckin' a banjo and hunting for Burt Reynolds in the beyou. (And I can't even spell beyou)

I think that in becoming a world community we need to learn and accept that each of us has our own style, wit and voice. Being differant is not a curse, its a gift.

Love and light,

Wupy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join