It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well what if ther is already a base on the moon? You are right, that would be the best place for a space station. The most logical and cost effective as well. Doesn't anyone think that the governments of the world are bright enough to think of that. Which makes me wonder why they have never put forth the idea. Why attract attention to an idea and risk the prying eyes of the public? If I had a secret base,why mention the thought of one being built? Just a idea.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Haha very true

But I think it would be a lot harder to cover up a secret military base on the moon with rival countries, then it would be for all the nations to decide that it be best for the civil folk to not know about aliens.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Haha very true

But I think it would be a lot harder to cover up a secret military base on the moon with rival countries, then it would be for all the nations to decide that it be best for the civil folk to not know about aliens.

I disagree, it would be so easy to go and set up a base on the moon and not tell most people about it. Think about it we have what 7-8 space capible nations, you say rival countries i say companious. We're no longer in a cold war, Britain=allies, other counties will not step up.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ive read the same theory for Nibiru being a hollow spacecraft and it makes alot of sense for the Moon.We do a fair bit of tunneling and hollowing of the Earth as well....are we goin somewhere ?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My last thread doesn't make much sense... dont exactly remember writing it (hey it was friday night) sorry.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So perhaps we did actually go to the moon the first couple of times but after we were warned again to stay away, thats when we started to create the false moon landings thus making both theories plausible.

I dont think the moon would be hollow though because would it not have enough mass to cause the gravitational pull it has. Unless maybe the material its made out of is extra dense.

Also why has someone like Paul Allen the cofounder of microsoft with more money than he realy truely knows what to do with not comission a satelite to travel to the far side of the moon. Oh i know bc no one has given him a good enough reason to do so.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion
having seasons does not make the earth sutible for life if anything it makes it harder for life to evolve. If there was NO TILT and the earths rotatinal axis was in line with its plane of orbit around the sun there would just be no seasons. The equator would be hot and going either north or south it would get colder as the angle of the sun dimishes due to the curvature of the earth. There would still be hot, cold, warm, cool, etc places.

is this actual info that has been studied or is this just your ideas? i'm really not sure how you have this kind of logic.

you are right there would be no seasons but having tilt making life harder to evolve is not necessairly true. the scenario you proposed is exactly how mercury is and I don't see lots of kangaroos jumping around on that planet. temperatures range anywhere from -270°F to 800°F (-168°C to 427°C) because it rotates on its axis very slow.

Ah, but mercury has no moon to help with the length of the days. What i talked about earlier with precession enables the earth to have a warm day and a cool night but not a blistering hot day like 300-800°F and a devastaingly cold night like -270°F since it has a role in regulating how fast the earth rotates on its axis.

which brings me back to what i said before. be glad you have your moon because you probably wouldn't be around to have this argument if not for it. also, the "having seasons does not make the earth sutible for life if anything it makes it harder for life to evolve" just doesn't make any sense at all. there are billions of different kinds of life on this planet. many species may be extinct but i don't see life struggling to survive and adapt.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Arkane]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join